The week is just flying by! It has been a busy one once again...:) I love the spirit in the air this time of year when the holidays are fast approaching.
Today was raining and it made me feel lazy but I had to keep going anyway. It was Jenika and her class here today for a fun fall party...
After getting all four kids off to school this morning I started scrambling. I got groceries for the cabin this weekend and did some packing, got the laundry caught up and set up for this lively crew that showed up for lunch... It was a simple burger, pasta and peas casserole and the ever so famous soft pretzels. cookies and ice cream for dessert... These kids were so excited to be out of the classroom for the afternoon! They spent about three hours here. We were looking forward to a fun filled afternoon outdoors but the basement again came in handy because it was a great place for this crew to run off the never ending energy they seemed to have!... Kate brought some pumpkins for them to decorate..:)
It was fun to have these kiddos here today!
This afternoon I met with Javon's teacher and he is doing well and thriving at Linville Hill in Kindergarten this year! Thanks Miss Peterson for all the time you invest in Javon!!
This evening was Chiropractor adjustments for all of us. Jenika was seen by a medical Doctor yesterday for her lazy legs and low energy but Doc was not ready to put her on four weeks of antibiotics just yet. We will keep a close watch on her and see how things go. She might just be fighting off something else right now. Extra rest is key.
I did the full moon run last night! It didn't work out for Dave to join and I was so undecided to. Most of my tired being wanted to chicken out but I decided to go see what the crowd was like and see if any other ladies were running. It was so close to home I just had to go. One other lady was running and ten guys. The moon had come out from behind the clouds and I was only about a mile or two into it and I was already thanking myself for not staying home on the couch!...:) It goes this way every time!
We all mostly ran together. We ran slower. We kept stopping at crossroads to wait on the last two people in the pack. We ran seven miles. Nobody was into a full ten and it was a simple route to cut it short. I got home to everyone in bed or so I thought... I locked all the doors and went to bed. About half hour later we hear this pounding on our back porch towards the woods! I had no idea Justin was with friends at school for basketball game! He came home to a locked tight house! He got a ladder out and pounded away! Sorry Justin!...:) You might just get locked out some more in the future since I'm not used to this independent teenage stage yet!..:)
So tired and tomorrow will be busy cleaning and packing up the van. I can't wait to be at the cabin and just catch up on sleep. I'm living so tired these days! I'm hoping to do a long run up there to sometime over the weekend. The trails are always fun to run! Getting more miles on is a great way to get ready for the holiday seasons, they always bring along a more lenient diet and so do cabin weekends!...:) Hoping my guys shoot some deer to!!
No comments:
Post a Comment