Thursday, February 9, 2017

Belize Today... Good Bye "Justin"!


This morning bright and early we headed for the airport. I took this picture while the guys grabbed breakfast to eat on the run...:)

I dropped these three guys off at the airport.



They will spend the day on the mainland cave tubing and zip lining before parting ways with Justin at Belize City International where he will catch his ride to Miami then on to Baltimore.

Yes I'm crying...:} There is nothing like having us all under one roof and a piece of my heart has left with Justin this morning. At the same time somebody waits for him at home and it is time for him to be there. Eva and my family are ready to love on him while we stay here a while longer... He enjoyed his time but at the same time he had no problem leaving us.

He is so full of life! He eats us out of the house! Action packed is what it is when he is around. Our house here will feel different no doubt! We love him!! Giving him wings to fly has been stretching yet I see it is healthy all the same. I'm asking for prayers for him (and me) as he travels. I'm thinking he is not ready to fly International alone but he says "I will be fine Mom!" Oh my heart! Love you Justin!


I have always been in charge of his passport. As I pulled Justin's from our stack this morning I whispered a prayer for his safety... We protect these passports like nothing else when traveling here. Our stack got smaller and I'm praying he will be responsible and realize how valuable this thing is! I'm picturing him in customs and immigration as he fills out papers...:) Yup... He will be fine! Whew...:)



 
Dave, Justin and Jordan are looking forward to a fun day before Justin has to be off for home... They had breakfast on the run then they get lunch and drinks all day as included in the days tour. It is safe with this guide so no worries Eva...:) He will be there soon and he can't wait to see you!...:)
 
 
Because he is leaving we made last night special. We ate a great meal at "Hidden Treasure" and then had key lime pie from Blue Water for dessert! We took some pictures before supper so we could capture Justin on them with us... The time he was here was packed with action! Kite surf lessons, book studies, tons of yummy food, lots of water football, lobster diving, para sailing and more! He harasses his siblings like no other but they love it and don't really know it until he is gone...;)












This morning I dropped these two little people off at the Great House to do school. I dropped them with my golf cart...:) I have to smile when I think of school being closed today because of snow! It is so very warm and sunny today and it is hard to imagine snow! Dad sent me a video of the snow and I showed to the girls at the Rum & Bean this morning when I stopped for a coffee and the one girl was like "I'd die if I lived there! I suffer in cold!" I just smiled again because I'm so thankful to be here and not in the snow!...:)

This was school drop off this morning....


This morning as I went across the street for a sunrise picture... Blue Water Grill put up this sign since we were here last year... I think it is a great quote!


These weeks... No grocery shopping, (except juice and prepared food mostly) No packing those dreadful lunches, no coats, no shoes, no dreary days, (no not one!) no rush to go anywhere, (except to the beach...:}) no colds or sickness at all, no schedule what so ever, laundry and house tidying is about the only thing that keeps us indoors. We are so very BLESSED!!

 Dave is busy with office work but he gets it in wherever he can and he did spend so much time with the big boys while Justin was here!! They love time with their dad!!

We just love this place and it feels like "home" to us by now!

Last night driving home from town as Dave and I rode in the back (Justin driving and Jordan riding shotgun) I said "I actually remember the days when we slowed down for these speed bumps!" (As we bounced along with me trying not to spill my coffee! Seriously!! My guys drive worse then the locals here!!

 The speed bumps are the way they control the golf cart speed around here. (or they think it is until my guys come along and just ignore them..:/) Justin got pulled over one evening for passing on the right as he avoided a speed bump!! This motorbike comes up behind him and "toot toot"! He kept moving along at a high speed and didn't even think anything of it. (everyone toots about anything here) Jordan kept telling him "Stop its a cop!" Okay so he finally pulled off and the cop told him to slow down and no passing on the right! I heard Justin say later "Duh everyone goes flat pedal here!" I think he is mistaken but it made us laugh!...:)

We are watching these bananas but as time to go home comes closer I can tell these will just barely be ready by the time we leave this place! The fruit here is amazing and I'd love to munch on these things before we leave!...


As the big boys enjoy the mainland today the Little's and I will be out and about after school enjoying the beautiful day to. Dave and Jordan will be back for supper after seeing Justin off.

We truly are BLESSED to be on this tropical island during a snow squeal at home!

After today we expect to see many new Lancaster County faces here on property! I'll keep posting the pictures because it is so much fun to look back over the years and see how things have been changing and growing here and how people are starting to actually stay here for vacation!! Just what it was built for! Please come visit if you get a chance!

1 comment:

  1. Don't tell Justin but we found out that it's just as much a bump going fast or slow over those speed bumps. There was a few times when we kept the pedal flat! 🙊😂

    ReplyDelete