Monday, June 4, 2018

Memorial Day Weekend + More...

Our annual Memorial Day Weekend is always a highlight to kick off our summer!!

We counted nine years in a row and counting!

We spent a long weekend at Hidden Hollow Lodge.

We really missed Jr. and Linda this year!

Our time of fun , food and fellowship is always a real trip!

Our Ladies group picture for the year has a hole in it but it is what it is and each of these ladies are very dear to me! We missed you Linda!



The kids always have such a great time and it never fails that we hear them say (after day three) " You mean its over already!?

Martha Rose always brings a treat along for the kids and they look forward to it every year!! It was water balloons, smoke bombs, fire crackers and beads for the girls! Thanks Mart!!

Here comes hundreds of water balloons!!


And they are off!!....




Daddies can never stay out of it!...:)








Boys are Boys!!... This group is a riot together!


I have no idea how many games of "Aquire" were played by these guys but every chance they got they snuck in a game and they played late into the nights to! We always know "when the game is over" (thus the chatter!)


Thanks to this group for another year of memories to tuck away and enjoy for forever!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for today...

We have had a very rainy May and now June is starting off really wet and cloudy to! When the sun shines we hoot around here! It has been ages since we have had a full sunny day but when it does shine we are so thankful!!

We have some landscapers here today pulling the pines....


These four pines have been slowly dying. They had some type of disease that caught the Douglas fir pine trees and they just would not recover. Today they are being replaced.

The runs along the creek are so beautiful right now!! Dave and I got between three and four miles this morning on this beautiful road!! The smells to!! I love LOVE honeysuckle!!



Every now and then Dave's ankle will give him a fit but for the most part he is back to running everyday! Sometimes he even runs home from his shop office at the end of his day making it three or so mile twice a day!


 He takes a quick overnight trip to Texas this week to do some due diligence on a potential investment opportunity that he could syndicate.

He has deals coming his way all the time and I asked him just this morning " How do you know when the deal is a taker?" His answer was "lots and lots of research, getting to know the team behind the deal and education in that particular investment space" "You go Hon!"...:)

This has become the hangout here once again... This summer time spot is such a JOY!! We added these chairs this season and we really like them so far!

The flowers all got moved out of the nook and onto the porch! The tower garden got stripped and replanted for outdoor growth! Its full of salad greens and herbs!


Look who did the chair assembly for me!! I showed him how to do a little bit and then he had it! Yay Javon!!



I'm so thankful for a spot like this during the summer months!!

Eggs!!!... Remember those twenty chickens Angel and I picked up in April? Well they are laying tons of wonderful eggs!! The bright orange color indicate fresh healthy eggs and I'm convinced they taste way better then any other eggs anywhere!!



We had guests here from North Carolina last week for three days. A couple and their five year old little girl that Jen enjoyed...:) (An investor friend of Dave's. They had a conference near here that they attended during the day) They had eggs for breakfast two out of three mornings they were here and they loved them so much! I sent a few dozen home with them and they were thrilled!! I really don't take these fresh eggs for granted!!

 I could go on and on with updates...:) I'll keep going for a little bit yet before I get off to make supper...:)

Eva.... She moved last week!

She was still at my sister Kath's house and they loved her so much! She felt it was time to give them the space back so she moved into this adorable little cabin in the woods... "She discovered after she called about renting this place that Papa Daudy is the one that actually owns these cabins!"


My dad and Justin painted some walls for her. Mom cleaned her windows and we all worked together to move her in on Saturday. Justin put her bed frame together and they put up new blinds. Its closer to our house then Kath's and also closer to her office.

I think she is so brave for being okay to move to a place alone! I know she will love this little place of her own and she can even move her horses here with her! She has a nice size pasture right in front of her cabin drive that is on the cabin property! She was really excited about this!!

Eva is also doing a wonderful job at Horizon Structures!! The team there just loves her and she was the top sales person last month!! Changes are taking place at Horizon and it is exciting to watch as the four brothers (Dave and his three brothers) work diligently to set up a great winning team here in this Horizon office! Eva has become a big part of this team!

Justin... He is back to summer hours on his prefab crew! I was watching as his class graduated this week and I had to wonder how different things would have been for him had he continued school. Dave made the comment... "That would have been a really long three years"...:)

Justin is leaving at all hours of the morning again. (Summer Daylight) He loves what he does though! He has plans to buy another work truck sometime this year! I sometimes have to just watch as he pulls out of here with his work truck early in the morning! It seems it was just his dad out doing that job! Justin and I actually used to ride along in the truck with Dave when he was just little so we got in a bit more "daddy" time...:) He loved the truck back then already but I never expected him to be driving his own one so soon!...:)

Jordan.... School, social life, steel plates, social life! I know I mentioned it twice but Jordan has tons of friends and he is always doing something social!!

He just spent the weekend at the cabin with the youth. He has youth activities until late most every Tuesday and Wednesday nights!

 He has school activities to!

This week he has a few end of school parties and he has a real hard time trying to decide if he wants to miss youth group for school parities!...:) I guess you can never have to many friends...:)

 He is starting to bring friends here and last night they were here until late. We missed him because he was gone for the weekend. I was wishing they would leave so we could catch up before we went to bed...:) I did sneak over after his friends left then. He told me as I was listening to some of his fun stories (he is the absolute best story teller!!) "You might as well get used to it because we will be hanging out here more!"

Embrace the stage and enjoy the journey! That's what we try to always do here!

Dave took him to fix his phone that gave out last week. We could always be running Jordan somewhere and we will all celebrate like crazy when he is another driver in the house!! I like driving him places though. Sometimes its so far and he does feel bad. I know we will look back one day and we will not regret all the miles we put on for him. Nor will we miss it, Its the stage...;)

Jenika and Javon cannot wait to be done with school and start summer vacation!! They are already great helpers but we want to work on a work schedule. They will be taking over the steel plates for Jordan if he can train them properly. He has plans to be in the shop working in the sheds vinyl siding bay and hanging some garage doors. It could be an interesting summer for Jordan.

Tomorrow is the last day of school for main campus!! Jordan goes until Wednesday. We have some big school changes coming next school season! The location for high school gets moved to Houston Run and seventh and eighth grades move over here as well (from the main campus) to give more room for the growth that has been taking place the last few years! We love Linville Hill!! If you are looking for a great school join our school family at Linville!

The swimming pond is being used daily now!! The sandy beach part and wood chip area got filled in. The water spritzer it running as is the water fall! Jonathan treated the water and it is looking great! I'm not one to sit at the water day after day but I'm sure we will enjoy the water hole on our property more then I realize! It gets the kids all the exercise they need that's for sure!

The yard and garden! Everything grows in leaps!! I could mow three times a week these days!! The garden was not happy that it was planted and coming up when Dave composted it! Some of the leaves look burned and I'm waiting my chance to work it up and replant. I like the fall harvest much better anyway so its okay but I do wish I had beets and greens! The strawberries are doing wonderful! We have toms of berries and grapes coming!

I'm off to clean up the kitchen and then move out to check on the garden conditions... Maybe I can work in it this evening?

Enjoy the beginning of no school days with us!! Summer brings a way more carefree spirit about this place and our usual routine and schedule goes flying away right along with that big yellow bus!!


WE LOVE SUMMER!!


No comments:

Post a Comment