Friday, June 29, 2018

Sweet Summer Breezes

June is coming to a close.

The all time favorite month of June is always one that never seems to last long enough!

The honey suckle fragrance that comes with June makes the Sweet Summer Breezes have just the perfect feel to them!

Now it feels like July! Its so hot and dry! The breezes are so very warm and the air is heavy but you know what we like the real warm temps to!

The runs are early and down along the creek bottom so Dave and I never have anything to complain about along here...



 The "Sweet Summer Breezes" have Dave up in the sky less then he'd like to be.

When the trees leaves are blowing even just a bit it is not the best to be up in the parachute plane. Last night just before dark he took off for a quick over view... The full moon was already visible...



I do not know when I will go up with him to fly again... It might be soon...:)

Someone is all ready and packed for camp since Monday!! Even his favorite pillow and blanket from his bed are in this bag since the beginning of this week!...


We have the bags organized and packed. The papers are filled out and the Little's are super excited about the upcoming camp week!!

Today we plan for a party here tonight. We sold a pond and bar-b-q supper party at the school sale last fall and tonight that is taking place here!

The smoker smells great as the "Sweet Summer Breezes" blow the smoker smoke around the property!...:) It will be Pork Butt seasoned in two different ways as Dave gets creative...:)
I made a raspberry dessert we can't wait to try! Potato wedges, fresh veggies along with coleslaw, Texas toast, mushrooms and onions and then cheeses and sauces on the side! Drinks galore. All this goes out to the pond in the next hour and here I sit typing! Seriously!...:)

The yard got trimmed up and all the outside work is done for the week.

We pack and get ready for Zook family vacation to! Dave, Jordan and I will be going up after we drop off the camp Little's. Justin and Eva plan to meet us there for a night and a day before coming home to work a few days. (They have a crazy July schedule!)

Marilyn and I are on to do the snack this year. The snack is more work then a single meal because we get the spread out twice the three days we are there! But I love to prepare and yesterday I made all kinds of junk!... I really get looked at as the "healthier type" but when preparing for a weekend like this one (where the Zooks love food!!) I have so much fun making things in my kitchen I rarely make ever!... Puppy chow by the tons!! Party mix but the tons!! Pretzel bark! A LARGE batch!! Lots of meadow tea got made and many other snacks got packed including pretzels and cheeses, chips and Marilyn got lots of the things I don't have!!! It will be a party for sure!!

Yesterday was Jordan's CHOP appointment day!!

Thank you to everyone that has been faithfully praying for Jordan!

He went forward at Youth Alive last weekend for healing and he has not wanted an infusion since.

Yesterday after his CHOP appointment we stopped at Reading Terminal Market for lunch and someone asked me "What are you guys doing down here?" I went on to tell them we had our yearly appointment with Jordan at CHOP. They asked "For What?" I told them that his body does not produce its own antibodies for his immune system to function the way it needs to and he comes out of nowhere up behind me and said "It Didn't Mom"... That's right Jordan!...:)

These appointments have been going on since Jordan is eight... We always make the best of these days...:)


Jordan does blood work each year and this determines how to regulate his infusions. This tells us how much antibodies his own body makes and how much he gets from his IGG infusions.


Jordan has so many praying for him and at Bible Study this week they gathered around Jordan and prayed for his blood work to come back normal!! They are believing with him that he has been healed! He has come to LOVE and APPRECIATE his youth group so much!! We love you Bethesda Youth!


Today Jordan came rushing home from work and five minutes later Nessa (his adopted older sister) was here to pick him up in her topless jeep to go swimming at Amanda's! He always has something to do and somewhere to go!

I did ask him how he feels he said he feels GREAT!! When he blew his nose I called out... Jordan!?? Do you have a cold!? He laughed and said "No Mom I have stuff in my nose duh!" I watch him like a hawk when his body is low on antibodies and he knows it... I'm trying to not make it obvious but hey I'm mom and I just know what to watch for with this boy by now!...:) So far he is doing just fine and he is confident! We will get the test results back in a week and I will post results as soon as I can! Please pray for his blood work to be normal!! He would use this testimony forever! He already has an amazing testimony we hope he uses in a mighty way some day soon!... We LOVE you Jordan and your FAITH challenges me!

Last night we made it to Justin's ballgame! They won and he hit great with a few HOME RUNS!! This weekend he is playing in a tournament in this heat!! Your discipline is something that amazes me Justin!! (runs and workouts are a daily part of Justin's life no matter how much he has going on!)


I'm off to act like I have guests arriving in twenty minutes!!...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment