Monday, January 14, 2013

Hamster Lost!

I just knew it would come to this... this morning Jordan announced to me that the hamster cage door was open overnight! They looked for it awhile before they were off to school but it had not turned up!

We were out of the house this morning for Ladies Bible Study and then to Marilyn's for lunch where us room mothers were throwing a birthday party for "Miss King" and Ashley. They both have birthdays this week so we celebrated them together. The kids always seem to enjoy the time out of the classroom! They were having fun chasing after the goats at the barn!...:) The energy in this class is endless!! Bless Miss King for being a great teacher! I think her patience is being tried over and over again this year!

Jenika fell and slammed her head on the concrete as she was running and playing with the class. She has a big purple bump on the side of her forehead and now she just wants a pillow to lay on! I'm not sure I should let her sleep?

 I had to think of Plugger in the hospital doing surgery for swelling in his brain after coming down on concrete last evening at the youth party! How fast something can happen!! A brain injury is nothing to mess with! Join us in prayer for the Jr Esh family as they go through this trial! We are praying for good news and a speedy recovery for him!!

The Bible Study and yummy lunch made me lazy and I just want to curl up and nap on this dreary day but that is not an option...! So I need to find my "Get up and Go" and get to folding laundry and packing bags. We are off to the chiropractor and gym after school then PTF at school this evening.

I hope we can locate the hamster soon. Every time I'm doing something around the house this morning I'm keeping an eye out for it! I put a big pile of laundry in and after I walked out of the laundry room that part in the movie of "Stuart Little" came to mind where he was stuck in the washer!! I still kept walking! No going through the laundry pile now anymore!...:)

I'm thinking when things quiet down in the house at bedtime tonight I might be able to hear it since they are on the move at night! I did find some of the hamster food "seeds" on Javon's car thing so I no he was on the move sometime during the night! Could be anywhere in this big house by now!?~ Jenika is already begging for another one! What have I gotten myself into??

The "Praying  Mantis" babies are another story! I googled it and they must have a moist cotton ball for water and live insects to eat!! Where do I find them around here this time of year? They said fruit flies is what they start with! To bad these things weren't here to eat our fruit flies a few months back! We usually have tons of them! The research says they will actually eat each other if they get hungry enough! I thought there seems to be less of them now then at first! I have another appointment in Lancaster tomorrow so I might swing into PetSmart to see if they have flies or crickets to give em?!!
They say that's what the lizards eat so they should have em??

Kids in our household sure keep life interesting!! I cannot imagine my life without them!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment