Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Trying again...

Dave is out for a business meeting this evening and with Jonathan out with him and Marilyn in Oregon visiting her sister I have Ashley and Martina here to entertain my kiddos... They are going from  one room to the next... Making chocolate pops, cutting, painting, playing cars and with the hamster, drawing contest and arguing who will be the judge!... We have extra girl squeals going on and Jenika is in her glory...:)
 
 
 
I had a last minute ear appointment this afternoon. My ear must not have appreciated the air time last week or the snorkeling because it was clogged/wet/draining!! So annoying! When one member suffers they all do I find out...;/ I'm hoping to get this fixed once and for all!
 
Back to Justin's quiz... He had a great day Saturday quizzing! I love these days and watching his hard work pay off is so much fun! I gave up on loading the video. :/  Jordan was able to go along because of it being on a no school day...(Thanks Hon for having the Little's! They loved there daddy day!) My mom also went along she likes to watch this team quiz as well!
 
It seemed maybe they need to be in a higher division because they were rocking it! They got first place in there division for this day and even though they did not win every quiz they got the most points over all.
 
I pack a healthy lunch for days like this but Jordan still chooses to spend his own money on the food from the food tables (junk usually) I try not to control the way they eat to much when we are away but I am hoping they will learn to feel the difference in when they eat junky and when they choose healthy. I hope they one day make the choice to eat healthy all on there own.
 
We had a great week end catching up on some rest after Sunday School and the local neighborhood pond (Amy's) had been fit for skating!! The freezing weather had the kids scrambling for ice skates...;) Justin got a bigger pair (thanks Martha!) Then Jordan was able to wear Justin's old ones and hit the ice for the first time skating! He did not like it to much the first time Dave went down with them but Sunday he gave it another shot and got better at it. He liked it better after that...:) It is warmer and in the sixties today now so the ice has left for now...;)
Bring on warmer for me!:)
 
We took the kids and Jonathan and girls out to watch a movie at "Living Waters" on Sunday evening. We watched... " Last ounce of Courage" It was so good! I had tears coming all through the movie as we watched how men and women sacrificed and fought for our freedoms that we are now losing. Did they die in vain or will we as Americans fight for them and our freedom? Every single person can make a difference and together we can do amazing things when we have God on our side! If you get a chance watch the movie, so worth it!
 
Monday morning brought a school delay with the snow/ice/freezing rain/, it was fun to get a later start. It also shut down our scheduled Ladies Bible Study and my sisters and I were to take snack for this day. Kath had made homemade granola and yogurt, Marilyn had muffins and I was to take a fruit platter. After we dropped the boys at school two hours late we picked up Marilyn and Micah and headed to Kath's to eat our snack and catch up...:) We were only going to stay for an hour or so but ended up staying over three hours! It was great to catch up on life and our sister time is always priceless...:) After school we headed to the gym and chiropractor.
 
I got these new lunch containers I'm having fun with...

The one on the top was Javon's lunch for today since he wanted a cool lunch packed like the school children! (spinach and cheese sandwhich, grapes and carrots) Jenika had the other half of his sandwich and her container had pretzels instead of carrots since her and veggies still have issues...;/ The boys had the round insulated containers with one of those tasty dishes I made last week. I heated it up this morning and it's supposed to stay hot 4-5 hours! This will eliminate the use of the class microwaves at school! I had been researching and found these on Amazon, they are called "LunchBots". 

The top picture also has a pop mold that's fun! They are soft and rubbery, I also found these on Amazon. Last evening I blended together... Coconut water (from a fresh coconut) plain Greek yogurt, bananas, frozen berry mixture, protein powder found at  mercola whey powder small amount of milk and raw honey. I put it in these molds and froze them overnight. They were put beside the ice packs in today's lunches and the kids loved them! They said they were slushy at lunch time and so tasty!:) Might be a better summer thing but they were loaded with good stuff...;) Here is Javon enjoying his after his lunch today...

This cookbook is fun to...


It is loaded with interesting looking good stuff for the kids lunches. I know I will have my work cut out to get my kids to like everything in here but I will like it if they don't! I sometimes would love to see our family twenty years from now if we ate junky and also on the healthy side then...:) I wonder at times is all this extra effort worth it? We will never know but I like to think the kids will one day be thankful and also get to the point where they make the healthy choice without being reminded or bribed...;}

These caught my eye right away and I could not wait to try them! We had some yummy banana desserts in Belize and I love warm sweetened fruit!! I tried these today... Moderation is the key and they were so good I really doubt they are healthy but compared to__??________ they might be a better choice??:}They were delish!!:)
 
We have a guest overnight so Justin has given up his bed. He has made an air mattress bed nest in the basement. If he likes it to much he might be down there every night after this,,,:)
 
Enjoy the warmer weather coming up...
 
 Thinking of you Dave and Rose!! We got your interesting email again this week and it's always so good to hear Africa news!! Since we have been to Belize I had to think of you so much! It's hard to believe people spend there winters in such a warm tropical climate! Belize had many of the same flowers you sent pictures of! So lovely!! We think of you all so much and Leandra is as darling as ever!! You all sound so busy! Tell Joey Hello from Justin!!...:) This was sent with the last email and I love how relaxed you all look! From the sound of it I belive you suure deserve some of this relax time...:)

I love this one to!! Fit Maribeth so well!:)
Don't these babies just look like dolls?? For real!??
Blessings from the cold PA!! (well warmer now!) Prayers sent your way!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment