Thursday, January 24, 2013

Treatment Day...

Today is Jordan's antibody day. His number thirteen treatment. He had to do some extra blood work today before his treatment started to test his levels. Those results will be back in a few days then we will be able to tell if his body makes more or less of it's own antibodies then it did a year ago.

He has a visit coming up at CHOP with the immune Doctor next month.

Mom came over for a few hours while Jordan was hooked up. She brought my most adorable little niece along to hang out with my Little's and they had a blast!...:) Running, laughing, painting nails and playing with lotion! Jenika and Leanna are the only girls on my side of the family and they are more and more showing the same interests and it's so fun to watch them have girl time...:)
Leanna loves to spend time at Aunt Suz's...:)
Javon caught a nasty cold when we were away! He sneezes and you do not want to see what happens when he sneezes! Poor guy did not sleep well last night and kept wanting to blow his nose but it was stuffy! He can't quite handle it like a big person yet so he just thinks I have to do something when he can not breath out of his nose! I know how he feels and it's not pleasant! I just hope it leaves before the rest of us catch it!

The older boys have been going with Jonathan's to Bible School this week evenings and they are loving it! Jordan has tonight yet. Justin has after school quiz practice so I'm not sure if he will make Bible School tonight. (Thanks guys for taking them with!) Dave and I will take the Little's to the chiropractor and would love to slip in the gym but Javon will not be welcome in the kids club with his nasty cold so we will probably skip that, well get some needed fruits and veggies at Wegman's instead.

Jordan said he fell asleep at school this week! I discovered they were staying up late playing Allen's play station in the attic even after Bible school one night. Rachel Ann was easy on them and just let them go so they went to bed way later then normal...:) No wonder they are telling me Daddy and I should go on more get aways!,,,:) They loved her and I'm still hearing about her cheesy sausage dish and other yummy food! You would think I never feed them!:)

They tell me she had there breakfast ready and waiting when they got down in the morning "unlike me usually about ten minutes after they come down". They said I should try to do it the way Rachel Ann did! Well this morning they happened to over sleep and I was in the kitchen making breakfast at my usual time but they were nowhere around but I figured they would show up soon. There breakfast sat and waited on the counter for them as I continued my routine of packing the lunches.  By the time they got to breakfast it had cooled off and Jordan only ate a few bites before putting his plate in the sink with a huff. (he likes runny eggs and these were stiff from sitting longer) He told me... Don't try to be like Rachel Ann! I soon told him I wasn't and wasn't even going to try!! Sorry but competing with the babysitter is not for me especially not such a good one!

Javon also said today... I'm lucky cause I have two mommas!! This was after I wiped his butt in the bathroom! He said "Rachel Ann was doing it when you weren't here", so I guess that's how we get classed as a momma??:) When we do the dirty work?:)

Javon has this saying right now... "Lets start this day over!" He says it a lot and I gathered it means to him "This Life" because he will say he wants to start this day over so he can do things in life that he missed out on like... Living at the old house and going to some places that the older kids talk about that they did before he was born. But then he will say "All no lets not start this day over after all cause member that time I got stung by that bee?? I don't want to do that over"! or he will remember other things that he does not want to do over so he don't want to start this day over after all!!...:) Love the things he comes up with right now! I just need to remember to record his sayings more!

I created a wonderful seafood dish for Dave's lunch and the kids supper today but I had to keep thinking of the fresh seafood in Belize as I was preparing my frozen stuff! It was great to have fresh yummy cheap seafood in Belize now the stuff here is hardly good enough for me...:/ I'm not ungrateful and I'll get used to it again but just having it fresh in my mind had me thinking...:)

I put Asian rice on the bottom seasoned with fresh ginger and orange. veggie bed of... broccoli, peppers, carrots, mushrooms, cauliflower stir fried in olive oil with shrimp and an orange/ginger sauce (Asian style) then a slab of salmon on top (which I had grilled on the grill awhile back and had it frozen) small amount of cheddar with a bit more sauce and Ala la la... A yummy Asian dish! We all love foreign food and it's fun to experiment with the different flavors! I'd love to make homemade sushi but I'll try that another time when I'm feeling braver...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment