We enjoyed the warm sunny south, lazy mornings, late nights, grilling in the sun, hanging out with the kids with nothing else on the schedule! What fun is that??:) We got that belly bug out of our system and we were able to enjoy a few more pleasant days.
The weather was better then some years but with Florida you never really know what to expect! It was chilly when we left on Saturday and they were saying they expect a cold week down there!
We had one rainy day but it was okay. We played games and there was enough to do around the resort to make the day fun anyway. The pools are heated so the kids didn't mind swimming even in the rain and chilly weather! The resort has five lovely pools so we enjoyed trying out different ones.
Dave and I read so much and we read a ton on this vacation! It's great to catch up on reading and doing in the sun is way more fun!:) We never even touched our TV remote. We never really were TV people. The kids on the other hand loved to have TV time;/ We are always ready to get away from the TV when on vacation.
The boys were out late one night! Like 10-11 o'clock. I told Dave he better go check on them! He went out to check and they were just coming in! They had lazy river races against each other and found a high jump into the pool which they had a blast with! (which I'm sure was illegal!) It had rained so the shuffle board court was wet and slippy so they decided to try human shuffle board and just ran and slid there way across the court!!! They had a blast!! This is a gated family friendly resort so we felt comfortable with them out there swimming so late but I do like to keep tabs on them every once in awhile!!
The boys also had rip sticks and went everywhere around the resort on these things! They just hid them in the bushes when they got to a building then picked em up on the way out to go to the next place! The activities they do on the resort are always a highlight to the boys to!! They give out free ice cream sundae tickets to the winner and Justin had them stacked up for free ice cream all week! Jordan also won a few tickets!
Here is a duck game they played... Justin won this one with having two more ducks then Jordan... They threw the ducks into the pool and you were only allowed to get one at a time and bring them to your ring... The one with the most in the end won! This was very tiring!! Great exercise!!
We spent one afternoon at Sea World... This is always a highlight! The whale show is my favorite! God has made amazing creatures and seeing them perform in this way is amazing!!
Justin and Jordan went to do some rides while we watched the dolphin show then we met them at the Shamu Stadium for the whale show. They sat way down in front and got splashed the whole way through!! We could see them down in front just laughing and getting drenched!! We met up with them after the show... We stopped to eat on the way home (there choice) they were wet but hungry enough to eat wet and cold!...:)
More fun Sea World pictures...
Mini golfing at the resort one cloudy afternoon...
| How do we teach a left hander to hold his golf bat?? This is new for our family. |
We could see Epcot's firework display every night at nine from our porch... It was great at first but till the end of the week hearing the fireworks did not get us running to the windows or porch anymore.
We had a valentine date! John and Mart and us went out for sushi! It was great! We left early to beat the crowds and stopped at Starbucks on the way home. The kids were at the resort with a rented movie and order in pizza. Baby Preston was with on the date...:) The rest tayed with Justin and Jordan watching them...:)
My sushi platter...
The pools were a huge highlight and having them heated made them all the more inviting!...:) I got into the hot tubs but didn't really get into the pools. I am not a water person unless the weather is really really hot!:) Jenika is a great swimmer and spends so much time under water!This kid was a blast on this vacation! His age is so much fun and he got so much attention! He got rides on rip sticks by the boys! They held him as they cruised along. They took him to the arcade so many times because he begged them to! He loved the water and was getting in without floats towards last...:) When we went to leave on Saturday he just had to cry! He wanted to stay so bad! Strange for our "Home Boy"!
Dave and I took turns driving on the way home and it really was not that bad but the lack of sleep, coffee, candy to stay awake caught up and we both felt so yuck yesterday! We felt like we needed a good cleanse!! We left Florida at 3:00 afternoons after a shower and stuffed belly's. We got home at 5:45 Sunday morning. At one point on the drive during the night Dave and I were talking like we would make it to church but after we got home we fell into our beds listening to the COLD winds blowing and we never awoke until after nine! We ate breakfast and slept another few hours! (thanks Rachel Ann for turning up the heat!) We came home to really bitter cold weather and this was my Jen this morning!... This was our ride... A friends conversion van... It worked great!
Filling up my bird feeders (which were stripped bare!) I told her she will freeze her tan off!!
We are enjoying the time back and as I was relaxing on my vacation I was thinking of all the things I want to accomplish this winter yet, when I'm putting life on hold on vacation it's so easy to say I'm going to this and this when we get back but then as we get into the busy routine of our hectic life style I kinda just push those thoughts aside as "Good Intentions" and I never get them done!
We have a quiz day coming up on Thursday at Black Rock and Jordan also has a treatment this week. We plan to have our parents for a special supper on Friday evening for the Mom's birthdays. Dave's mom and my mom had birthday's while we were gone. I want to go all out with a great meal but we will see how the week goes catching up.
We are off the the Chiropractor/gym and Wegmans for grocery this evening. Small groups tomorrow evening then Wednesday evening I stay with my elderly grandma for a few hours. Busy Busy but breathing through it and taking one hour at a time is my goal...:) I love this saying...!
I do not want to lose sight of my purpose and getting so busy with life can get to me at times but God walks with us and if we pause from our business we can hear him in the quiet of our spirit!...
I do want to enjoy the rest of my winter after all this is supposed to be the slow time of our lives in this area we live in but my winter is flying and does not seem to want to slow down even after vacation...:) Guess that's what vacation is for right!~? Keep listening for the voice of the Lord...
This is us trying to catch up on life in the cold state of PA today... We are missing our guys!! Daddy at work and the boys at school! After so many days together it seems like something is missing today!
Jenika loves to man the camera and she says "now funny faces!"
They are a blast and I love being crazy with them! They have been so much fun today already!:)
We are enjoying the tans to! I'm hoping they stay around for the wedding in two weeks where Jenika is the Flower girl! (Matthew and Roxie) A tan adds so much to the face and seeing there tans is so cute! The are peeling a little from Daddy's lack of sunscreen but not to bad and they never complained at all!:}
I'm off to get my school kids... Be Blessed...





the pictures of Florida make me anxious for summer!!:)
ReplyDelete