It's February already! Winter is going by so fast! January is usually my longest month and it has so many days to so it seems to go on and on but this winter it has slipped by rather quickly... Credits go to the warm sunny Belize trip...:)
The school children love to see February roll around because this is called "February Fun" month!! They do lots of fun things in the classrooms to help the winter along! They look forward to "mix up day", "twin day", "snack day". "music day" "wacky day""trade lunch day" and more! The school staff does a wonderful job making this a month full of fun and excitement!
I made (with Jordan's help) a cheesecake for the Superbowl party coming up tomorrow... It's called snicker bar with caramel! Every time I tackle a cheesecake I go to this wonderful blog!! ... www.thekitchencookie.blogspot.com They have yet to fail for me~!! I love all your recipes Martha!! It does seem sinfully fattening though! We are looking forward to hanging with friends and enjoying yummy food for the party tomorrow! I'm glad I got a six mile run in this morning!! I have been itching to run more but the weather has been taking us to the gym instead...;/ I do not really like the gym and would much rather just run but the mix up is good for me and will probably be better for my joints in the long run.
Dave went to a Denis Rainy meeting today. He is a great speaker on "family life" and when this invitation came up at church for the guys it caught our attention and I'm so glad he got to go! I want to hear more about it but since my husband is the opposite of detailed I pretty much just get "it was good!" no use trying to dig more out of him because he never gives me details I want anyway!:) We have a family meeting on the agenda for tonight so maybe I'll hear more then?:)
The boys have been racking up the odd jobs!! They are saving money for our upcoming Florida trip next week and they wanted to earn extra money. I have made a list so full I had to turn over the other side!! I never knew I had so many odd jobs that I'm really thankful to have done!! My van is clean and swept out!! The corners got cleaned up outside, Drawers got organized, porches got blew off and the garage got a good goin over...;) They hauled all the old (not working) bikes that had been taking up space to a neighbor that fixes up old bikes for a mission. (nice to have them out of the way!)
Danny and Rachel Ann came for supper last evening. It is always great to hang out with them. I had made two families meals yesterday for baby meals then after they were delivered we started a whole new meal for us and Danny's. Rachel Ann brought her famous chicken wings...;) And Dave grilled steaks, Thanks for coming guys!!
Today was my turn to clean school. I was at it for over an hour. So impressed with our new school leader! Everything is so clean and so organized! They started something new this year with the cleaning and it involves the students! They each have there parts to clean then the cleaner (me this week but the parents each take a week ) just has to finish the bathrooms and hallways. It gets swept midweek and it really seems to help with the sanitary part of it! So thankful for a good Christian school!
We are heading out for our Florida vacation next Friday and my next week is packed full with appointments, buddy day, shopping and then packing sometime? As the kids get older the packing process goes better every year...:) They each pack there own bag and instead of packing weeks ahead like I did when they were smaller I pretty much wait till the day before then I just throw in what they forgot and get Dave and I's stuff. We are planning to drive but still keeping an eye on those airline tickets. We would love to fly but the price for six tickets seems crazy and we like the idea of taking more odds and ends when driving. The way down is never to bad to drive but the homeward way can get really long...We are all looking forward to it alot...:)~!
Enjoy your week-end I see it has started snowing here...!!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment