Saturday, February 23, 2013

Mother's Birthday Supper...:)

Last nights meal for the parents was so much fun! I love this kind of thing!! I love to spend time getting creative in the kitchen!

I had a busy week but I had Rachel Ann yesterday to lighten my load!:) I helped her clean for awhile then I let it to her to finish while I set about in the kitchen. I could hear her sweeping and cleaning upstairs and one time when she came down for something I said "I'd much rather be doing this then cleaning!":) She just laughed and she was in her own little word upstairs:) I'm just not really a cleaner! I do it and I love a clean house but the kitchen or outside is way more appealing to me...:)


This was a menu that I made on Wednesday already...

 
I had made the menu then yesterday I had to figure out how I was going to make the stuff according to how I had worded the menu...:)
 
The boys helped out so much and even though we tried our hardest to keep the Little's out of the kitchen over the busiest time they still seemed to manage to make there way back there to the action to try to get there fingers in it to...:}
I had alot of last minute stuff to prepare and I wanted the parents to take there time so we focused on one course at a time...
Jordan set salads at each plate, we had warm herb and garlic bread and pina coladas at there plates to enjoy first.
 
The boys in the kitchen...

 Dave and I were kept busy to... We made a family thing out of it and we just kinda ate the leftovers as they came back...:) Dave grilled wonderful steaks and chicken!

                                      Here are the special guests enjoying the meal...


This was so much fun and as I was in the kitchen I could hear the conversation. At times I had to grin!:) Dave's mom was doing most of the talking and they were having a good time catching up on life...:} They took there time and chatted the whole way through the meal as we served them.

Justin was in charge of the drinks and kept filling waters, coffee and he made the Pina Colada's.
Jordan was in charge of desserts. He heated brownie up and helped with the dishes! Jenika and Javon enjoyed carrying things back and forth from the nook where the table was set up. They brought dirty dishes and Jenika had placed a bell on the table for them to ring if they needed anything...:) She was the only one who ever rang it :)




I had gotten house plants for the Mothers to take home with them, the Fathers got a big candy bar to take home...:) I feel it's an honor to have these special people as parents and serving them this way was and always is so much fun...:) They are all healthy and doing well. They make this stage of life look fun...:)

After the meal we sat in the sunroom and visited with them for an hour before Dave took them home. They took time for story time with the Little's to...:)


It was a privlidge to serve you in our home... May God bless you as you go through another year.
Happy Birthday to these wonderful "Mother's"!


As I was taking these pictures they were like..." Now don't put these on Facebook!" I said "No Never!" I guess the blog is okay??:) Just don't tell them!:)  Love these people!:)
I love this picture... This is what I want to be but this is also what these Mother's are to me...

We are having a lazy Saturday morning so far. Dave and I ran three miles then had breakfast and also made breakfast for Scott from BLI. This is a great Christian man that does the "Rent to own" part of the business. We have come to love and enjoy him! He loves to hear Justin quote his quiz memory and he can follow along by heart to! He had breakfast with us, got Justin quoting early then he and Dave went off to business. He also brought us latte's from Latte Luv!!:)

I need to go shopping for wedding clothes today! It's coming up so fast! Matthew and Roxie will be married Friday!! The boys need tan pants since they are taking part as gift receivers. We wear black dress pants so I will need to shop for tan ones...;/ Jen also needs a dress sweater. Her dress is sleevless and since it's still early March I would think she will be freezing without a sweater! I hate last minute shopping and these trips always take to much money!:( Stuff I need now and don't take time to look for deals can be costly! Dave and boys tan pants, a few new white dress shirts, a white sweater... Sounds like a chore to me but maybe I'll find them on sale at the first stop~~??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dave and Rose and family....
We will so miss you on Friday!!! We hope all is going well in Africa!! We havn't heard from you for awhile. I'm asumming you are busy busy being a blessing!! The winter weather here is nothing to be desired right now! You know how March is? Sloppy,WET and chilly. We are all ready to spend more time outdoors!! So as you go out with barefeet think of us!! My toes were numb after my cold wet run this morning!! It was kinda raining but still not really.
I will try to post some pictures of the wedding on here so keep checking in on us...:)
Have a blessed day in Kenya Africa!! Our prayers are with you!











 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment