Saturday, January 24, 2015

Some Snow... My Guys in Nic...

 

Today was a perfect Saturday here..:) (Other then not having two of my favorite guys here that is)

Last evening as we went to bed the big white flakes were coming down fast! It was a wet snow and it was beautiful as it stuck fast! I had the outdoor lights on so we could see it snowing even if it was dark.

I missed my Rachel Ann yesterday, the main floor cleaning took me twice as long but it was still fun. I included Javon more and we stopped now and then to play snakes and ladders and do word searches..:) Jenika cleaned two upstairs bathrooms and Justin's room! She did a great job! She is great at toilets, windex mirrors, and she even swept carpets. The hardest part for me is to not go over it and tell her what a great job she has done! She loves to feel important and yesterdays cleaning chores came with much less complaining already!...:)

I got out for a three mile run last evening since I figured my Saturday morning run would have to be put off because of snow! I was a bit disappointed when I awoke this morning to mostly slush and dripping sounds coming from the rooftops. The snow had turned to drizzle and it again felt more like a sloppy March morning. The kids had the sleds ready but this was no sledding snow for sure! They did get out after breakfast to ride behind the four wheelers. Mark spent the night here so Jordan enjoyed cousin time!! The two can hardly get enough of each other!...

Today's snow pictures...:)



We so enjoy cousins next door! We kind of traded Jen for Bryant and Hannah for a few hours today, I love how Jonathan's kiddos make themselves at home here!..:) Bryant even told me "Aunt Suz, I need da pee in da potty!" #loveit

I baked tons today!! The freezer is stocked once again and I should be done baking for awhile. I'm trying to be more efficient with my time and I find taking time to do lots and lots of baking at once keeps me from baking so often during the week even if it does take extra patience to deal with the mess!

I wanted to make "Jordan friendly" desserts. We are all trying to stay away from sugar so I went for more healthy version desserts today. I'm weaning my Little's off of sugar and it's going better then I expected. They love Jordan's desserts the same as any others and they are okay with less amounts to. I think it's more a mind thing for me then for them actually.

Baking is still just not the same to me now though. Once you cut out the "bad stuff" the texture is different, the taste is just not the same either. Sometimes I think it's better to just go without and have chocolate or fruit then to not have the "real deal" with the cookies or muffins. But my family so loves desserts so we do our best with what we can and then stick to what we like. If we find a good recipe that we all like then we keep a hold of that one because options are more limited now..:)

Hon, I made them ALL friendly for you to!...:)



A batch of apple cinnamon banana nut muffins, two batches of Jordan's pumpkin muffins (which are a huge hit here) Two batches of cookies, Three batches of brownies all in freezer containers! Yay!! Yes I was busy but I was enjoying every minute of it as I watched the kids play outside with cousins! They came inside a few times just soaked to the bone!! Jenika comes rushing in so often and can't get her clothes off fast enough to make it to the bathroom!! She waits until last minute then she comes in in a panic because she can't get all her layers off fast enough!!

After all that baking I needed fresh air... It was sloppy but slightly sunny and not real cold!..



I keep getting pictures from my guys... I love it! I miss them tons!! Weekends are always longer when Dave is away but the kids are my perfect pass time!I'm so glad for them! Javon wanted to sleep with me last night since Jordan had Mark here. I said sure. I had no idea what I got myself into! I'm a light sleeper and he is a restless one I found out! I put up with it for four hours (which was way to long!) before moving him back to his own bed. He even whacked me across the face with his arm one time before I finally had enough!..:)

A few pictures of what Dave and Justin are doing... They are working hard. They are having a good time. They had some rain which made for a muddy work place! They did some care packs and went to see the feeding program. They are enjoying Sill as a supper cook! I keep hearing about the awesome suppers that she is serving them! Dave told me his diet is on hold for now though since lunch is pretty processed these days... He says he is starving by lunch time... He was yesterdays lunch break for Dave...


He is seeing hungry children so I'm sure he is not complaining about his food! I'll just load up the greens and give him warm lemon and vinegar water for a few days after he gets home..:)

They moved the front yard of this property to the back yard then did some concreting... Aw yeah and they got some sun burn I heard!... Enjoy it for me you guys!!


This is the feeding program...


They tore the deck off of this house and put on a new one the next day...











View from house top...

Care packs...
 
I assume they are done working for today and will probably get off tomorrow which I'm sure they will be glad for. I just got this picture a bit ago and it looks like they are all refreshed and relaxing. I'm glad all has gone well so far. I'm praying all will go well for Monday flights home. The weather is threatening snow Sunday into Monday but it hasn't amounted to to much in the past so maybe it won't this time either?! I can't wait to see you guys again!!!
 
 
Check out this air strip!...
 
Have a BLESSED weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment