Monday, November 16, 2015

Cabin... "To Busy? Really?"


We spent the weekend at the cabin. To get in the last of the bow hunting season up there. The above picture is a buck scrape that Jordan saw in the woods and it is simply the only picture that was captured by us over this past weekend at the cabin! That tells you how lazy we were! Sometimes I just don't feel like getting out the camera and this was one of those weekends!...:)


We enjoyed time with Nelson and Martha, Jonathan and Marilyn and Sammy and Rhoda. The food was great as it always is on cabin weekends and plentiful to! We are so BLESSED!!

We had very little action in the woods but Sammy hit the whopper that we had been watching. He came up on him just as he was getting into his tree stand afternoons and he wasn't ready yet. He took a crack at him anyway and he was hit though Sammy wasn't to confident on the hit. The arrow showed great sign and the blood trail showed great sign but when they went out to track him after supper Saturday and again Sunday morning they came up empty. Bummer!!

We enjoyed a yummy meal at H.K's last evening after the kids were brought home and the van was unloaded. We had bought a ticket at our youth mission fund raiser and it was worth every penny!! Thanks H.K and Lynn for the great food and fellowship!!

Justin went to our youth groups ping-pong tournament last evening after watching some football with his ball friends. He will be sixteen on Sunday and I can't figure out how it happened this fast!! We are making arrangements for his physical and his drivers permit appointments. We are making birthday party arrangements to! We plan to get to Cabela's some evening this week so both of the big boys can pick up there birthday gifts there! Justin is so excited to reach that sixteen mark!!

 Jordan is so excited to get to Potter County with my dad and Allen to bear hunt this week!! He loves Potter County with his Daudy!! This morning on the way out the drive to catch the bus we saw a massive buck in the field! This boy was losing his cookies!! Bow hunting is over for Lancaster County But Chester county is open this week yet! We are right on the line here and the shop is also in Chester County so we have a few Chester County spots to hunt with a bow this week yet and you can bet he will be out every single chance he gets!


My cousin Linda Ann is getting married tomorrow and we have the wedding. The Amish Wedding meals are something we enjoy and we look forward to catching up with people we rarely see anymore!

Belize is on our minds and the packing process is now going strong in my mind...:) It feels like we have much to do before the time comes to leave for Belize and as the Holidays approach I could hit a frenzy sometimes but I'm trying to really appear calm about the whole process and I know it will come together just fine...:) I tend to overreact and Dave is so good at keeping me calm...:)

Example...

At the cabin I did the breakfast yesterday morning. I was in a tizzy about it Saturday night already because the kitchen was a total mess when I went to bed well past midnight!! The breakfast was going to be large and it needed to be served no later then nine thirty so we could be off to the mountain church that we have come to love up there. The guys planned to track Sammy's buck early then come back to the prepared breakfast. Dave was coaxing me to come along out with them to track the deer! I do love fresh air in the morning and especially at the cabin but how was I going to get everything done on time if I went along??!!

I tried to talk myself out of going into the woods with them because I was going to be "to busy" packing up and preparing breakfast!! The longer I processed the busier my mind became! I have learned a few things about time and "to busy" as time moves on in this aging process and my heart dropped a bomb on my mind and told it that we were going to be going along outside for fresh air before beginning my many morning tasks!...:) Do you have battles between heart and mind like I do!?

I got up and went with the guys. We drove Sammy's truck as far on the trail as we could then up over the mountains we went, looking for the buck. Once when we dropped down into the valley Dave pointed to a trail down yonder that we had run before. This trail would lead me back to the cabin so I took off running. I got a lovely run and saw some deer in the process (a buck chasing a doe) I was still packed, showered and had the kitchen cleaned up and the breakfast prepared by the time the guys got back to the cabin! The food was ready and the dishes were done before we went to church... No reason to be in a tizzy then and I was glad my heart won the battle... it most times goes this way for me so I have learned to just relax a bit more and I can testify that I really do enjoy life and my family more as a result!..:) Just a lesson for you for today... Don't stress and things will still come together somehow..:)

I'm off to figure out what we will eat this week... Jordan needs a strict diet again I can tell. It has been escalating and I keep thinking "Wait until we get to Belize" but it should be now. Today! He seems to be inflating. I'm thinking it's grains again. Rice. Potatoes. Cheeses, Sweets. Flours.... Even though they are Gluten Free they ALL need to be pulled once again and we need to add way more greens to his diet, but I feel so mean doing the necessary pulling so I put it off until it gets real bad and then I wonder why I waited so long! Prays appreciated...:) We can do this!...:)

We would also appreciate prayers for our church this week... We are having an ordination on Sunday. Our leadership team is excited to have someone else along side with them. We take votes Sunday morning for ordaining a new minister by way of a lot. Then Sunday evening one gets pulled from the lot.

We have much going on in the weeks ahead and since I know it will be so interesting to look back on this time... A sixteen year old, ordination services, packing up to leave for the winter, holidays, school activities and more!! I want to record lots on here so that when we arrive in Belize I can sit back and read about the busy days that we had leading up to that!... I hope to blog at least a little bit most days from now until then!... Will it happen?? Probably not but I'll try...:)

In the meantime I try not to be in a "To Busy" tizzy...:) We are blessed beyond measure for sure!!

Have a BLESSED Monday! The weather looks sunny and mild for November! Love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment