Dave is out for a Real Estate Meeting, Justin is working late, He will be home around ten o'clock!(he is soaked to the bone and cold! But he tells me he loves the road jobs the best!) Jordan has been battling with poison ivy (all year round for this kid!) and he don't move away from his fan for more then a few minutes at a time! Jenika and Javon are being highly entertained by Javon's sleepover buddy Tyrell!!
These two have been wanting a sleep over for weeks now and Mart and I finally got on the phone and said we needed to get this planned for them! Ty got off the bus with Javon today and they have been going nonstop ever since! They have every puzzle out we own and the chairs are moved in rows in the basement for some reason? Either way the giggles I hear going on down there tell me this sleepover was well worth it!...:)
Jordan woke up on Sunday morning swelled up and miserable. Poison ivy. It was all over his face! It was wrapped around his ears, his lips and his eyes! He said it was growing in his mouth! We know how poison works by now and I knew it was going to get much worse before it starts to get better!! He was hunting in a tree stand at the shop that was wrapped in vines!...:{
We like to avoid drugs so we normally grind out the poison ivy week with natural remedies but this was beyond what was bearable so we left Jenika at home with Jordan while we went to church then I took him to Urgent Care as soon as we got home. The Doctor there wanted to give him a shot of steroids. I was quick to tell him of Jordan's immune system issue and then he was quick to tell his nurse "hold off on that shot!" We got him a low dose of pill form steroids then and I cringe to think what he would be like without them because he is miserable anyway!~
He was home from school all day Monday and he had no school work to do. I almost pushed him out the door this morning so he could at least get a few assignments from his teachers. He called me as Kath and I were on the way to church for Ladies Bible Study and said it feels like his face is on fire! I dropped Kath and went for him. He was quick to get (and stay) behind his fan for the rest of the day! But at least he had school work to do and he is not getting as behind on school work.
I have been testing out my kitchen skills... I made a batch of homemade bread once again! I thought there for a bit I might need to dig out the recipe but I'm not even sure I still have it so I gave it a shot and it came out as good as we all remembered...:) It will go to the cabin over hunting season and I always take homemade bread to Thanksgiving dinner to...:) I made pumpkin pies. They will go with to the cabin to. I made chocolate bark. It's something Jordan can have for a sweet treat. Just melt dark chocolate and add chopped up pumpkin seeds. I freeze it until hard and then break and store it in the refrigerator. It's great with coffee after a meal!...:)
Today I made lots of pumpkin whoopie pies. They look great and my taste buds so wanted to taste one but I knew how I would feel afterwards so I used discipline today and didn't taste. These will go to school for hot lunch tomorrow. I'm on to help serve lunch to the school children tomorrow and it sounds like it will be an all out Thanksgiving feast! Thanks Mom's!! This is a treat to not have to pack lunches! (Jordan's still gets packed)
I can still bake if I need to but it does not come as easy anymore!...:) No these are not Gluten Free..:)
It has been drizzling/raining all day but two days in the kitchen with no run had me itching this afternoon...:) If I had given in to my taste buds and ate whoopie pies I never would have had the urge to run!... I decided on a speed run but I wasn't into it more then a mile and I was already regretting it...;) I rarely run four hilly miles in thirty one minutes anymore but I found out I still can!..;) It was hard. The wind was blowing rain in my face. I wanted to walk so bad. I ran my every style to get this hard run... High short steps, fast short steps, long strides, short strides, hands low, abs and core screaming... BUT... It was just what I needed as always and I LOVE running!. My upbeat "Christmas" play list must have helped some and I never regret making myself get out for a run!
I have a batch of fire cider almost ready. It has rosemary in it... I saw this interesting Rosemary article and I could help but notice it since I chop up plenty when throwing together the fire cider ingredients...
If you want to try some Fire Cider I'd be happy to share...:) It's wicked but it's great to have around!

No comments:
Post a Comment