She started out with a sore throat but we kept on it with YL Thieves oil and extra supplements and water. After a few days she had a visit to the orthodontist where they had to replace some of her brackets and tighten her braces back up again. (it was a rough summer with these and knowing her personality I would never allow her to get braces this young again!)
Anyway her mouth was sore like it often is after a visit to the orthodontist but she started with a fever only hours after her appointment. Her fevers spiked high and they were off and on from Friday to Tuesday (Labor Day Weekend!) She broke out in nasty ulcers inside and outside of her mouth! She ate literally nothing and every time I'd make her something she thought would taste good she only took a few tiny nibbles before she pushed it aside.
She was so weak! Her knees and legs hurt and I rubbed them often and she soaked in Epsom salt and oil baths often to.
She was brave and drank lots even if she wasn't thirsty. She drank bone broth when I sat and coaxed her to...:) She drank healthy smoothies the best she could.
I finally made a doctor appointment on Thursday morning because I was thinking maybe its Lyme's disease but they couldn't see her until that evening. By lunch time she seemed so much better! She was up and around and she ate some soup and felt good on it! I canceled her appointment on the spot.
She still struggled with energy and mouth sores so I kept her home Friday to. But Thursday afternoon I picked up Javon early from school to see the same orthodontist (he has a retainer on his bottom jaw that they check from time to time) and we were not home from that appointment more then half an hour and he was on the couch with a fever!
These two kept me stepping for awhile....:)
Javon had fevers off and on through the night and he developed some sores in his mouth to!
Virus.
I was convinced.
A nasty one!
I heard "Hand Foot and Mouth" was going around so I'm guessing maybe they had that but I found it odd that they both got it after the orthodontist visit. I wonder if I should have contacted them about it?
Anyway They were both off of school yesterday and they kept trying to come outside where I was doing yard work part of the day but they (especially Jen) didn't last to long. They were soon on the couch again.
Last night we gave Jordan his infusion and I told him to make sure he don't eat or drink from the Little's plates and glasses (he is known to do this all the time...:))
Jen and Javon both soaked in the tub, brushed their teeth the best they could and I rubbed down each each of them and gave them each a bottle of water and they were tucked in before nine last night despite all the naps they took during the day!
This morning we are thankful that they are both doing much better! Javon snapped out of it much faster and he is at the shop helping Jordan with steel plates and Jenika is doing better to! This morning when she asked if she could make her usual Saturday morning pancake for herself I didn't even argue at all. Eat the pancake!...:)
Today I notice she still wears out fast. She goes up the steps to her room for something and she is played out. She goes and does something with Jazlyn but so soon she is on the couch again. Her energy is not back 100% but at least she is smiling more again! We all missed her bubbly personality this past week!!
I hope we didn't pass this off to anybody else because it sure is nasty!
Today is raining. We are supposed to have rain all day and all day tomorrow to. I'm not real into having the youth group when its raining so we might be looking into a plan B today. Maybe a gym close by?
Either way we are still doing food prep. I grocery shopped late last night so I could be in the kitchen early this morning.
Whoopie pies were baking early. Tomatoes were cooked and strained for tomato bisque soup. A coconut cake is still in the making yet... because this is Jordan's favorite and it will be his 16th birthday celebration with the youth group tomorrow...:) We will make brownies and cut fruit yet to. Dave is making pork butts on the smoker and we plan to chop them up for sandwiches.
Dave got in past midnight last night. His trip to Orlando Florida was good and worth his travels but I could tell he was so glad to be home again! We always miss him when he is away and I for sure do when the kids are sick but he kept reminding me that he is praying for us and I thought that was very sweet of him and it was very much appreciated.
Jordan is counting down the days! He keeps pulling up the driver permit questions on his phone and doing them...:)
Jordan also took the time and spent the money to do three nice size food plots here on our property. Over Labor Day weekend he weed killed three nice size areas and then three day later he got Papa's tractor over here and worked it all up and seeded and then rolled it yet. Now with the rains today he hopes it grows and feeds the deer...:) He keeps checking it from the house with his binocs to...:) (I think he is seeing doves eat his seed) Its fun to watch his hunting obsession...:)
Justin and Eva are spending the weekend at the beach with friends. I'm guessing it is also rainy there. I don't know how long they will last there if the weather is like this. Either way I'm sure they have fun...:)
Israel tickets are coming. We handed in passport info and it looks like we will be making a trip to Israel in October. Dave and I, Justin, Eva and Jordan will be going for about eight days. Our Leadership Team from church is coming on this tour to along with some friends so it will be an interesting time of touring and getting to know each other better in the process...:)
I'm off to get back into my kitchen apron and get to more kitchen work. Coffee cup is empty.
Enjoy the rainy cooler weekend and I hope you won't catch that nasty flu bug!
No comments:
Post a Comment