Saturday, September 15, 2018

Jordan Turned 16!!

 

Jordan.

He turned 16!!

He has waited and waited for this birthday!

We did a special birthday supper here Thursday evening! We enjoyed a feast! My mom and dad were here to celebrate with us. Dave was leaving for a trip so we decided to start celebrating early...:)





He could not sleep this night! ...:)

His special day was yesterday and the whole day for me was spent with him. It was great...:)

We left the house as soon as we dropped Jenika and Javon off at school. They did not get on the bus because it was Javon's first day back since being sick and he was still not 100% into it. We figured the extra time at home in the morning would be best. I walked with him to his classroom and left his teacher know that she can call me if she sees he is not well but I felt it was time to get back into it. He had his stack of homework done and we were both confident that he was ready for his Friday test day. He got welcomed back into his classroom so sweetly by his friends...:)

Jordan and I headed for Frazer. To get his Drivers Permit.

It is about the same distance to Frazer for us as to Lancaster but with the bypass Frazer is much faster. The plan was to get his test done early so he could come back and work on steel plates at the shop for the afternoon. (It was his first intern day and he will be interning at the Shop!) I was going to work on yard work in the afternoon. My mom was going to come over to the Little's and Jordan and I were going to go in towards Lancaster for the evening to grab supper and do some browsing at the Outlets.

We had morning traffic on the way down to his Permit destination. About five minutes from our destination Jordan realized he had left his papers he needed in the BMW at the shop where we had traded it out for the van. (in case he passes and wants to drive...:)) So... We were not going to get anywhere without his birth certificate and social so we stopped for a coffee and turned back towards home.

We got back to the shop, got the papers and decided to just do our Lancaster fun all afternoon and grab lunch instead of supper and an evening out. I called my mom off...:) We went to Lancaster and got a number and took a seat. It took long for our number to be called but by now we figured we might as well relax about it. Jordan was nervous and when they called our number he was so ready to just get it over with!

I forgot about the physical!! I thought it was before the drivers test not the permit! The man behind the counter was real nice and he told us there is a place up the street that does drivers physicals real fast and cheap and if we wanted to go do it there we could just come see him afterward instead of getting another number. (we took it!)

The Physical got done in about an hour. We went back and Jordan got right to his testing. (Thanks to the nice man behind the counter!)

He failed.

He realized he was studying with the wrong Drivers Permit App. The questions he had were not the ones he had been studying and he got to many of these questions wrong.

 He was so disappointed but he was a great sport about it.

We ate lunch at MOB Pizza. It was so yummy!!


We brought home our leftover for Justin...:)

We did some shopping at the Outlets and stopped for dessert at Latte Luv coffee shop on the way home.

We made it home just in time to get the Little's off the bus.

I did my yard work when we got home while Jordan was hooked up to infusion needles. (yes even on his birthday...:}) The Little's played with cousins at the campfire/wooded hideaway they have been working on.

Dave is in Dallas by the way. (Secrets of Successful Syndication) We miss him.

 
I think he looks great on stage every time... AND he has become a natural by now!...:)

This morning bright and early Jordan and I headed out once again to get that Drivers Permit test done.

Justin was here with the Little's and Jenika always makes pancakes on Saturday mornings so they were set...:) (They still do not have great appetites though so I never even saw any Saturday morning pancake mess today)

The sidewalk was lined with people waiting until the doors opened at the Frazer Drivers License Center but the first of the line moved fast and we were not there very long. And YES he passed this time! No questions wrong! He really got to studying the right questions last night and it paid off...:)


Way to go Jordan!!

He drove me from here.

We stopped for breakfast at Crackle Barrel! (not everyday you get a drivers permit!)

 We made a quick stop at Dick's Sporting Goods to exchange his Eagles Jersey. (a GREAT birthday gift from Justin)

He Drove me home for the first time ever.

He did great driving although I'm kind of a wreak in the passenger seat until they get the feel of the roads. It seems they want to just jump right into the line of speedy cars and I'm kind of left shaking in my seat trying not to get to loud...:)

Jordan did get to the shop today then to do some of his Steel Plates since he didn't make it out yesterday.

I walked/ran out to the shop for my BMW this afternoon in the SUNSHINE!! It had been about ten days since we had blue sky and sun!

 The old jalopy van... which we are thankful for in times like this... even if my passenger window and door won't open! It will be parked here for now and I have a feeling we will be riding in this for the time being...:) Jordan really likes to drive and I can tell this will be a fun/interesting journey...:)

Today we got out for some Birthday pictures... I just LOVE these!

He is super passionate about hunting and he wanted to include his bow.

This thing has become a part of who he is! He shoots it everyday and babies it to no end... He dreams of shooting a monster buck with it real soon and he is dead on target!







While we waited for the sun to go behind the clouds he told me stories...
 


His stories and his giggle never ever get old to me!!

He give us the most belly laughs here.

He is caring and thoughtful beyond what anyone would guess.

This is Jordan... Yesterday after he failed his test. It was HIS birthday day. He asked to make a quick run into a grocery store on the way home to grab drinks for his guys party tonight... Then he came out with these just for me!...:)



Thank You Jordan!...


Sixteen years ago when they placed you into my arms I became a mother for the second time. You were Justin's best friend ever after. Your under lying charm soon took shape and it was so much fun watching your personality unfold!

You learned to walk, to read and each day brought something new. No more my little boy. You hurt and I cried. (your health) You grew. You were thrown into a new larger school halfway through your sixth grade year. Dad and I were not sure how this was going to affect you. You handled it so well and you soon had many friends at your new school!

I blinked my eyes, I turned around, your almost grown, Why did it go so fast? A few more moments please! In this stage of life I find it difficult to relate sometimes... As you struggle to find more freedom I become kind of "old fashioned" and we don't always understand each other. But I'm always on your side. I'll always be your mom.

You can't stop time. Can't hold it back. So we journey on through life together as family and I grow along with you. Be patient with me. I don't want to be annoying when you are driving with your drivers permit and I'm in the passenger seat but with thousands of pounds of metal underneath yourself and many crazy drivers out on the roads I only want you safe EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.  you go out on the roads!

You have such a compassionate heart. You are an inspiration to me and I would do well to learn from you.

We all LOVE your contagious laugh. We all love your stories! Your carefree spirit is something we all wish we had more of!

Many Many times I get asked "Where is Jordan?" when you are not around for some reason...:)

Your ability to have friends young and old is a gift and a blessing and we are so thankful that God has chosen us to be your family.

 "Everyone Loves Jordan"...:)

Happy 16th birthday Jordan!

I love you!

Mom.

Jordan and a golf cart...:) An everyday sight around here...;)


Dave comes soon. Jordan has guys here overnight and tomorrow. His party continues into the weekend...:)

We hope to enjoy some FRESH SUNSHINE this weekend and we are feeling super BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment