Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Investor Party... September is Here!

I notice it has been so long since I have been on here.

This September started out a HOT one! The days are in the 90's with blazing sunshine and high humidity! It feels like July but the morning dues are heavy and the days are shorter so it must mean we are going into fall any day now...:)
Jenika has been laying around since the Friday before Labor Day Weekend and today is now Wednesday! She has been home from school the past two days. We are trying to attack it naturally and she does seem to be getting better but then that quick shes laying again. She had high fevers but these have gotten better. She now has ulcers in and around her mouth. If she talks to me I have the urge to quick look away because her breath will about about knock me flat...:) She has no desire to eat. She sleeps and sleeps. She gets her body rubbed down with oils often by me. I'm constantly putting a straw into her mouth so she drinks lots! I squirt a dropper of silver into her mouth often. She takes daily Epsom salt baths. She is taking extra vitamins and I've added olive leaf to target her infection.

Her throat glands on the outside are swollen and sore so I'm guessing its a throat virus. She is hanging in there . I also observed her twelve year molars are peaking out, she was just at the orthodontist to adjust her braces, she just had a booster immunization a few weeks ago at her 6th grade school physical so I'm guessing her body is fighting over time right now to keep after. Poor girl. I hate to see her like this and Jazlyn just lays beside her not seeming to understand where her energetic bouncy Jenika went! If you would say a prayer for her we would be grateful. She is really ready to go back to school.

I had my 40th birthday last week! We celebrated for days. We went out as a family Friday evening. (Friday was my birthday) It rained and poured ALL day long Friday!! We had my family here Saturday for the afternoon and evening at the pond. Dave ordered pizza and mom and my sisters all brought goodies to share to! It was great to be together.

Sunday afternoon and all into the night we had our buddy group (minus John and Mart) here for another party at the pond! Dave smoked pork butts and I made a veggie side dish and salad... The rest of the ladies all brought yummy foods to share! It was a great time catching up except the fact that I had to keep coming in to the house to be with Jenika as she spiked those high fevers. She was so sad to miss the fun night time swimming with her best friends! Thanks everyone for making my birthday a big celebration! I think I will like being 40...:)

This weekend we plan to have a youth party here. Jordan turns 16 next week so we are making this a birthday bash all the while we are hosting the youth group! It would be great to host this party out at the pond but it looks like it will be cooling off and temps in the 60's might be pushing it a little for swimming...:)

We are all excited that Jordan will turn 16!! He is super excited to start driving!

Dave's investor party was so much fun last week! The weather turned out to be perfect for this night of outdoor fun!

We always work around the property a bit more before this big event and after its over I really don't do much more then the mowing outside for weeks...:) The kids all pitch in and things that might not get done get done before this event and yet there always still those "to do before event" that do not get done and we have decided not to stress about it (or I have to decide, Dave never stresses about it at all...:})



Dave knows that I still kind of stress over this week of preparation and he made our day when he came home with dessert one evening! He secretly stuck these into the freezer until we were done with supper...:)


We counted 120 people here at this years event!

It's so much fun to see this all take shape every year... I really do like it once the work is all done...:)

The portta potty gets delivered first then comes the big white tent a day before the event. (I always mow fresh before the tent goes down.)

Then comes the trailer full of tables and chairs that need to be set up. Dave rents a Haiti trailer.

 Then in rolls the Beilers Donuts van, the truck and the donut trailer! This come Friday afternoon, barely even an hour before the donuts are ready! This is the BEST!! Uncle Alvin, Aunt Ruth and Keith and Marilyn do a WONDERFUL job serving our guests the perfect dessert and coffee!!

Then came the appetizer van!! This was new for this year! Sammy made some wonderful steaks as only he can and served them in pieces as an appetizer. It was a huge hit!! It gave people something to taste as the party was getting started!

Then came the full course meal which was set up under the big white tent. This was done by our favorite caterer! M&S does a great job and he knows Dave by now and he also knows he likes to have plenty of food!

Then came the singer that we really LOVED! He set up under the pergola on the side porch and as people got donuts, coffee and milkshakes for desserts he was filling the air with beautiful worship music! It could be heard through his speakers all around the house and yard and even the neighbors were commenting on how lovely it sounded from their house! :) This guy was a huge hit to! His name is Lee Stoltzfus and it was an honor to have him here worshiping our Savior as our crowd played corn hole, sat around the camp fire and just fellowship together all night!

The event went until about midnight and after that I boxed up the leftovers, gathered up the lovely flower bouquets that some very thoughtful people brought to us and set them on my table, we shut out the lights and left all the other outdoor clean up for Saturday afternoon! (We always do a short Lancaster County tour and breakfast out somewhere the Saturday morning after the event with the folks that traveled here for it) Its always a great time!

 Hosting this really reminds me of what it must feel like to set up for a wedding! It gets me excited to have weddings back here one day!...:)

I made some notes in my phone for next year about some things we would do different for this event and one of these is to assign a person to take pictures! I did take some but as the host here I hate to be walking around with my camera so much and at the end of the day I always wish I had more pictures to look back on!

Here is what I have of the Investor Gathering for 2018...








These two hanging out on the steps were the most adorable ones there! I love that they join in!



We already look forward to next year and we always Praise the Lord when the weather is this perfect!

Dave is traveling more this fall again. It slows down over summer then it always picks up again in the fall. He leaves for Florida tomorrow to speak at an all day event Friday. He will be back for the weekend which we as his family always appreciate...:) He has two different Texas trips planned, a Nashville trip coming up this fall sometime (I guess that makes three Texas trips...:}) and we are still processing a trip to Israel in October. It is coming up fast and I know we need to decide real soon if the details will work out!

Even though it may not sound like it on here life has slowed down since school started...:) We are back to homework schedules and more regular bedtimes. We enjoy time reading on the porches while the weather is still warm and the evenings are balmy and we are always barefoot...:)

Speaking of barefoot... I have been running completely barefoot and walking is becoming more common then running these days. My foot/heel has healed but the spot was complicated and the scar tissue has created me another heel lump that does not appreciate a shoe! I'm not sure whats going to happen with it yet. For now its easy to ignore because going barefoot or wearing flip flops is what I like best right now anyway but as soon as I try to wear a shoe I have irritation at my scar! I need to take time to do some self care but so far I have only been messaging it once in a while and putting the Bemer on it when I take the time (which is not often enough) As you can see I have a large lump...



These are smelling wonderful along the driveway!!




As soon as the weather cools I hope to drop in some seeds for fall greens which we always enjoy until frost hits! It has just been to hot! The tower garden got new plants and its doing real well on the side porch!

I'm off to get supper prepared... We are enjoying lots of suppers out at the pond!

Its a HOT one today!! Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment