It looks like we are in for a rainy, chilly week. It would feel so nice if it would get warm and stay warm now. I have some garden plants in my garage for over a week now that are needing to be planted, they are starting to get "pot bound" but between the cold and the wind I'm still hesitant to plant them out.
We have so much to be thankful for here though! Maryanna we are so thinking of you guys out there in Tennessee!! It's where the tornado's are doing so much damage!! Mom said that Maryanna's area had tornado warnings out last evening and they have no basement to go into either. I guess the fire station was an option but they were so thankful when the warnings were lifted last night then. We are praying for safety for all those living in these hard hit areas!
I was able to finish my mulch pile yesterday while Javon was in school. It feels so nice to be all done before the rains come. I need one more load around the pond yet since it didn't quite reach. The mulching seemed like a breeze this year with using the tractor for most of it! Thanks sis Marilyn for sharing that "family member" with me!...:) (she says that tractor is like a member of their family!:})
The garden is sprouting! Things are popping up and I hardly trust going in to plant any more just yet since I'm not sure where everything else even got planted! My tomatoes are still waiting in the garage for it to warm up a bit more along with some other things like watermelon and pickle plants.
"Flowers"
Today was the day my sisters, mom and I had planned to visit the greenhouse. I called them last evening and told them not to expect me if it is raining out this morning! Marilyn seemed to think a rainy day was a good day to go to a greenhouse because then we have our flowers for planting on the next sunny day, but there is just something about lovely weather that goes along with visiting a greenhouse in my opinion! Well it was not raining this morning (even though it was cloudy and so chilly) so the trailer was hooked up and I was off to pick them up after the kids were dropped off at school...
It is always a very interesting few hours at the greenhouse!! Planting time is always so much fun and all to soon I'll be pulling these things out for the winter months! Why does summer have to be so short!??
We cannot wait to see the color burst from these plants... once the weather cooperates for them, and we will enjoy every minute of the beauty they bring to us while they last...:)
Now the "Food" part of this post...
Today was "Hot Lunch" day at school, the mom in charge of the food thought of Jordan and messaged me to let me know the meal today will be "Gluten Free"!! Bless her heart! She also has a gluten intolerant child. I was a thrilled momma for the complete kitchen break this morning and because of it I got in a three mile run before the kids got up! This mornings run gave me the fever to do all morning runs again! The energy is just so much better in the mornings for me, I can run faster and it just feels so much better to get moving first thing in the morning!! Nothing like that fresh breath of air to wake up my senses!
I was a bit nervous that I did not know what was on the "hot lunch" menu so after the flower shopping was done today I decided to stop at school to make sure it was for sure a Jordan friendly meal.
Just in case I quickly gathered some ingredients here at home in the case I needed them to assemble something for him in the school kitchen... It was a "Gluten Free" friendly meal but not "Jordan Friendly", sausage links with fresh veggies looked great but sausage has pepper in it (which he cannot have) I got busy in the school kitchen and he totally didn't seem to mind that he couldn't eat the hot lunch after all... I made him a waffle bread sandwich with turkey and veggies, marinara sauce that we discovered has very few ingredients, (all of which he can have) a few rice chips and an apple were also put on his plate and I was out of there as fast as I came in...:)
His pollen allergies are bad today though! Must be the rain!? His antibody treatment is also scheduled for this week so he is a bit lower right now. We are hoping his antibodies later this week will help his allergies for the bad allergy month of May!
This quote below is how we feel around here these days where Jordan's food is concerned... It's just easier to assemble the real thing then risking the chance of an ingredient that we cannot pronounce.
We have gotten used to reading labels now. "Gluten Free" is often not even an option since they often use almond flour in them so we always read the labels on things that are marked as "Gluten Free". Going without dairy and eggs is not to bad but we always have to check the ingredients for these foods to!
Sunday was church fellowship meal after our morning communion service, I had made Jordan a good bigger breakfast with the understanding that he will wait to eat until we get home from church. The rest of us ate the fellowship lunch while he waited outside away from the yummy foods. Danny and Rachel Ann actually beat us in leaving church so the boys hopped a ride with them, Jordan made his own lunch here at home then. He truly is the best!! Eating at home goes the best for him and I get nervous when he ventures out, but he is doing great and I can totally trust him and his judgement now.
This weekend is a class venture for Jordan. His teacher is taking his class boys to Camp Andrews for a few days. They plan to cook outdoors and Jordan is up to the challenge of doing all his own cooking! He does not want to miss out and he seems to think this would be easier then going with us to the cabin for the weekend where my other two guys plan to do some turkey hunting. Cabin days always bring in more of the "junky foods", my kids just love cabin getaways since this is like the only time I buy sweet cereal and snacks! ~Yes they still prefer the bad foods if given a choice~ (sigh)
I'm also trying to work the details to make a trip to Belize with Dave in a few weeks, Jordan is always my main draw back. I feel like he needs me to much to be away for a few days but then I remind myself that his kitchen skills and interest in the kitchen still do make these short trips possible for me. Belize is also in the July calender but I think doing May might be a better time of the year since July is often full of other summer activities.
Today is the day that the guys are planning to pick up the dog! They leave right after school and are driving two hours away to pick up this dog! I think the whole deal sounds a bit suspicious, (I'm always the cautious one) it's an Internet sale and the dog is five months old and also a few other things that just sound odd!!?? BUT my "Risk Taker" husband seems to think it is worth a shot so I will be breathing a sigh once they are back home again and for sure with this dog they have been working on for so long!. I don't think they really feel like making that drive on this rainy day but the boys are so looking forward to having a dog finally! This thing looks so big and mean and scary!! I'm having a fit but I'm so out numbered here so we will make the best of it I guess??? Please be cautious if you plan to visit us any time soon!! Also pray for our cat!!...:(
I will share this link in closing here today since this is kind of a food post again... ~sigh~ I can't seem to get away from these food posts since it is my life right now! Maybe it will be an interest to you. I have a few blogs that I follow just because they have a gluten intolerant child to, it can be very helpful to me at times, if you follow me for this reason then maybe these food posts don't get old for you...:) This is very interesting to anybody that is not feeling the best... It's good to be aware and learn to read our bodies better... www.mindbodygreen.com/0-13514/how-conentional-medicine-got-autoimmune-diseases-all-wrong.html I found it makes so much sense and it is our personal testimony with Jordan! The results we got from watching his diet are truly amazing and even though it is a big sacrifice on many days he would not trade the way he feels for the foods that are harmful to him! It makes it worth the extra effort in food preparation when the results are good.
Okay I'm done...;)
Be BLESSED on this rainy day!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment