Thursday, April 10, 2014

Planting Has Begun Here...

Let the FUN begin...:)
I went to visit a greenhouse yesterday while Javon was in school... I like to plant my petunias and geraniums early since they like to start off on the cooler weather side. Javon and I had lunch then we got started right away... I did the edge trimming in the back yard and because our yard is so big and the flowerbeds are many it will be an ongoing process for awhile but no complaining  here because this outdoor work is like play to me...:)


This week has slowly been warming up. It looks like rain is on the way but we can expect that this time of the year and it is welcomed for all the new growth that is taking place!

I got some garden things to plant but I'm still waiting on my soil test to be complete,  I don't really want to plant before we adjust the soil. It will take time to establish my new style gardening anyway so I might be seen at the local roadside produce markets this summer until my own garden takes off...:)

Javon enjoyed his mid morning snack on the back porch this morning... This kid must be growing... He is ALWAYS hungry!!

Rachel Ann was here today instead of tomorrow so the house feels so clean right now! (until the kids get home from school...:)) It felt good to clean windows in the bright sunshine today! I plan to visit the city with my mom and sisters tomorrow. Mom thinks I would love central market so I jumped at the chance to ride the bus with her to visit the market. We invited my sisters along to so we are anticipating a fun day out!...:) No I am not turning into a city girl! I'm still a country girl all the way but I do like to explore the city, especially the markets....:)

I had a fun coffee date night out with my "girlfriends" this week! My beautiful friend Ruthie has turned the big "30"!! We surprised her on this birthday night out...:) Martha Rose picked her up and she had no idea where she was going to end up or who she was meeting...:) Happy Birthday Ruthie!



 I treasure the friendships with these ladies... We have grown close over the years and even though we don't see them all every Sunday at church anymore we still have a connection at heart that can't be taken away... We go to the cabin every Memorial Day weekend and we are looking forward to the one coming up soon! We plan to try a new cabin with more space this time... This could get interesting!..:)


Jenika has poison ivy. I guess we are officially into the spring season! This ivy haunts us every year!! I'm hopeful that God will replace the ivy in heaven with honeysuckle and it will be all around my heavenly mansion!..:) I can't wait to get a whiff of that heavenly scent coming from the brush around here this season!

Dave's mom put Jordan's health issue into the "budget" (Amish News) It was put in as a card shower. She shared his health issue a bit and he is getting bombarded with cards...:) He goes out for the mail everyday when he returns from school right now! He gets some money to! He said "Mom maybe you should tell "Papa dawdy's mommy" to put in there a "money and card shower" since I like money so good! Don't we all son...:) It brought about a phone call from Ohio to. I'm hearing testimonies on the "Reliv" product. Ever hear of it?? If you did let me know. I'm not one to jump on anything fast but this sounds like something Jordan needs. I'm still doing research and learning all I can but I might try him on this stuff to see how he does.

Remember the black bean brownies?? He did fine on them until he decided it's okay now I can have three in half a days time! He suffered for it for a bit and now the last little brownie just sets here
getting stale because I don't think he trusts eating it... He wants to feel good and no matter how good something tastes to him it does not taste as good as feeling good does so we are keeping it basic for now with only adding a few fruits now and then.

It's to nice to be on the computer and I planned to just touch a bit and keep it short.. You might not see me to much on the nice days since I'm having so much fun in the yard.... My "playtime" has come... even though my body is so tired until the day is over!!

Running is warm! I need to start my morning runs again. The last few afternoons four milers were lovely but I had spent so much of my energy already and the warm temps have me wondering if this is worth it!...:) somebody asked the question the other day..."Do you ever see runners smiling?" I had to check myself on my runs to see if I ever smile?? I came up with the fact that NO I do not smile while running, I rather look probably more miserable then anything...:) It's hard every time and I really don't feel like smiling. BUT... after the shower and up until the next run the feeling is worth it so I guess that's why we grind it out??!! I will start to notice when I see other runners if they smile...?:) Maybe I will be one of them smiley runners someday?:)

I'm off to enjoy the warm day with the kiddo's, I hear them in the kitchen..."the gathering place after school" that "gathering place" was spotless when I came up here but I'm sure they are giving it back that "used really hard" look again...:) It's okay I will really miss this one day...:)

Have a BLESSED afternoon...


No comments:

Post a Comment