It feels so good to be home again! We had a great time at the cabin with the Zook family.
Dave is still recovering from the bee dilemma.
It was the best weather we have ever remembered having on this Zook family vacation.
The kids enjoyed cousin time and the food was great! We are sitting at the campfire here at home and it's getting late so I will keep this post short. I'm heading out for an all day out on the beach tomorrow! My mom and sisters are going and we are looking forward to catching up!
I will share a bit of Dave's story...
The guys were cutting down a few trees along the wood line trying to give us a better view from the porch. Dave was walking up towards the cabin to see how it looked from the porch with the trees they had cut down. A hornet nest came down with a tree and one came up behind Dave and stung him on the head.
He came up to the bedroom and told me he got stung. It did not go long at all before I saw this is not good!! His fingers were tingling and he broke out in hives all over in no time!! I had an outdated "Epin" in the drawer up there and Leah is also allergic so she had a more up to date kit but still outdated. Leah gave that to him and he stuck himself with that as I ran to get him a drink! By the time I got back he was passing out! No color what so ever! His brothers were all around him With Matthew catching as he was falling! It was awful to watch this!! I ran down to call the ambulance and find the address! Jonathan ran for the truck and pulled up while Mark Andrew, Matthew and Nelson hauled him out unconscious with his eyes set! He also threw up a few times!
They loaded him into the truck and went to meet the ambulance. The driveway is about a mile long and bumpy! Mark Andrew was in the back of the truck with him and he thought they lost him going out the drive!!
He was in really bad shape! He was in and out of consciousness and he only remembers bits and pieces. The ambulance met up with them a mile from the cabin drive and they loaded him there, was not much they could do without the medic other then give him the second outdated "Epin" someone had grabbed on the way out! They went on to meet the medics which were coming at them high speed!! . I was at the cabin since I was faint to! I now wonder why I didn't hop along but the guys tell me it's good I didn't see him in the shape he was in! I think it was a God thing I missed the ride. I knew he was in good hands though with his brothers and Papa. Also Justin was along! I had no idea that he went along! He has some haunted images in his mind. I was on the phone with 911 and also Lori to start the prayer chain when they left with him. That quick the truck was gone! Many people gathered around to pray!
Papa called me at one point and they were keeping me updated. Once when Papa called he had tears in his voice yet he was saying they think he's going to be okay. I was sure he wasn't telling me the truth! It was an unexplainable feeling that washed over me! I was calm yet numb. The Little's were with me and they were scared so I tried to keep calm as I got something on the computer for them to watch to get there minds elsewhere. I was prayed for by family and I cannot imagine how we would have gotten through this without them!!
Matthew took me to the hospital. I took extra clothes along since he was a mess and they had to cut off some clothes. I cannot explain how I was feeling! I was in total shock! I did know that he was stable by the time I left the cabin for the hospital. The nurse there said she was in emergency twenty seven years and never saw a worse reaction case then this one! His organs were shutting down trying to keep his heart going! He was minutes from death!
He tells me he was talking to Jesus and he thought about me once thinking I was going to be fine. He remembers the feeling of healing come over his body once the medic had his IV hooked and had given him a strong dose of something through the IV. I also like to believe that this is the moment the prayer chain went through! Prayer works and I'm so glad God gave Dave another chance!
He was stung around two o'clock and we were back at camp by five thirty. He was a bit weak and drugged but still seemed fine!! We had an emotional time of it as the family all hugged him in turns when we got back to camp!
As of the past few days. I'm an emotional roller coaster. It was oh so close! They tell us minutes to death!! How is this supposed to make me feel?? It was my big strong husband laying helpless from a bee sting!! This happened three times now and each time has got progressively worse!! I now have an updated "Epin" here but it could kill him if ever he got stung again! I'm trying not to think of the "What If's" as I unpack the suitcases but I just can't seem to help it! Sometimes I watch him and I instantly tear up! I would be so lost without this man in my life!!
We had a long into the night campfire the night before his sting with the family all sharing the strengths and weaknesses they see in there spouse! It made for some great discussion and laughs along with some serious moments! The morning of the bee sting we did our lovely five mile run around the trails we love so much up there. The pines are sweet smelling and the trails are groomed. We had a great day leading up to the bee sting! I cannot explain the feeling of the uncertainty yet having the feeling of having no regrets! We are still all dealing with the emotions of this close call and if you can whisper a prayer for us we would be grateful! Dave's brothers, Papa and Justin really have some images in there minds that will never be forgotten and will even most likely keep them up at night!
Thank you for praying at the time if you were one that got the call to pray! I cannot imagine losing my husband and I am also dealing with the fact that many do not get so lucky as to have another chance like this! I just spent a few days with my friend Marion at the beach and I had to think of her a few times, she lost her husband suddenly ten years ago! Life is fragile and God is the one in control!!
Maybe I can get Dave on here sometime to share his side of this story!...:)
For now have a BLESSED night...
.jpg)
So glad to hear he is doing well again!! Still praying...
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear he is ok! When something like that happens it kind of puts life in perspective. Hugs to you!
ReplyDeletePraying for you all!
ReplyDelete