Friday, July 18, 2014

What Next??

We enjoyed another lovely Summer Day!!

We worked together and got the cleaning, trimming, blowing and basement cleaned in a hurry then we headed out for an afternoon of exploring nature!

We love to visit a park down close to the shop a few times a summer but today was the first that we got this done! The kids had been begging to go and I knew we were out swimming more days then not this week so a part of me wanted to say "No" I need to stay home to catch up but it was a perfect day with perfect temps and a true blue sky so I pushed off the mowing and a few other things to take the kids to the park.

We invited Ashley and Martina since these days out are so much more fun for my kids if they have friends to explore with!

I had a basket with a few towels, water bottle, a good book and my camera and also my beach chair on my shoulder...:) We love SUMMER!!!...:)

We hiked about a mile or so until we got to our favorite swimming hole... The water was lower then we remembered but it was great for exploring. Jordan had his fishing line and the others played games as he fished...:)

 
 
 


Stopping along the paths to pick the juicy berries... Oh how I love days like these with the kiddo's!!


My spot in the sun... I feel like July is being one big vacation...:) The kids are loving it!!



 
So glad I got this afternoon out with the kiddo's, Justin missed out since he was at the shop. He took a few days off this week already to hangout with Josiah at the ponds. He likes to work at the shop but he misses so much to.
 
On the way out of the park today while hiking with about a mile to go yet we had to step over a fallen log... I had just told the kids to "Be Careful" when it was my turn to step across... I stepped wrong and I felt a POP in my right ankle! I was in so much pain I got light headed and sweaty. I kept calm and told the kids I will be fine if I rest for a bit. They went off along side the trail to pick berries while I rested on the log. I told myself  "I run, surely I have strong ankles, I will be fine! I waited about ten minutes and got back on my fee. I could tell it was bruised but I hiked the rest of the way.
 
This evening I took the kids to the Haiti sale for supper and by the time we left there my ankle and foot were so swollen and throbbing in pain!! I came home propped and iced awhile but the pain was getting more intense! Mom, Dad, Allen and Kath (and her kiddo's) were here to take care of my killer bee issue... Thanks Dad and Allen for getting in the line of fire!...
 
 
Mom and I went to Urgent Care for X-ray. I run so I want this to heal properly!! The X-ray showed a "Sprained Right Anterior Talofibular Ligament"
This requires me to stay off my feet for awhile. I'm so glad it's not broken!! The Doc seemed surprised I was able to hike the rest of the way out of the park!...
 
This is now me...

It will heal fast... I asked the Doc "when can I run again??" He just grinned and said I need to see my family Doctor next week and he will decide...:)


Kath stayed here with me for the night. The big boys are having a sleepover with cousins at Matthew and Roxie's tonight! Dave is in Belize... Hon I will be just fine... Enjoy your time in Belize!! I'm thinking of you so much!! And pray for me that I can "sit" still so this can heal properly...:)
 
I took two Tylenol PM so and I'm starting to feel the affects so I'm off for a healing night of rest...
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment