Today is catch up day once again. We were out over the week-end with the extended Dienner family. We always enjoy this week-end away with the Dienner's at a cabin in Perry County that Mommy D. reserves year after year. The cabin has a pool and lots of other fun things for the kids to do! They love cousin time with cousins and also distant cousins.
Justin missed out and we again missed him! He was hanging out with his uncle Mark Andrew some. There was a ball tournament in town and Justin wanted much rather to be there with friends then up at the cabin with us without friends his age. He spent some more time with friends yesterday after going with Mark Andrew to church in the city. Thanks Mark Andrew! You are a wonderful uncle!
Our week-end away was not without drama once again! We seem to spell TROUBLE this summer!
Dave went out for a run on Saturday evening and I remember feeling nervous that he went running without his Epipen on him. He was gone for pretty long and I even voiced to my sisters that I'm nervous. Marilyn said that Sam is with him and it's getting dark so most likely the bees are all away for the day. We were all sitting around in the big living room when Dave and Sam came in all sweated up from running. Dave asked me... "Where is my pen?" I get stomach knots even as I'm typing this as I remember how my blood ran COLD once I realized he had gotten stung once again!!
We all scrambled for a bit as someone called 911 and others made other calls for prayer! We arranged to meet the ambulance in a town about ten or fifteen minutes away. He gave himself his shot and I thought he was throwing up but he was only looking in the lugs for my Melaluca first aid kit that had his Epipen in it.
I asked aunt Anna to drive him and Dad was on the phone with 911 until they got cut off for lack of service. No service for miles!! Sam, Smoky and Dad were with him. I kept telling them to just get on the road with him!! The problem was we weren't sure which direction to go since we didn't know which direction the Medic was going to be coming from! Also phone service was an issue! It took a bit to get the plan into action! Again I WAS SO THANKFUL FOR ALL THE PEOPLE AROUND US!!
Lori and I met up with them in town as they waited for the ambulance. I again had to keep my distance since my body was in shock and I was anything but calm about this situation.
Turned out he never reacted to this bee sting. I guess it was a different kind of bee and we are so thankful since we were not at all close to a hospital or even an ambulance! We were probably even crazy to be here at this cabin since we had far for emergency and it is also known to have lots of bees here! He never felt a reaction coming on but we were not sure if it was because he shot himself or if he just wasn't going to react at all? We took precaution and met help anyway. They monitored him for about a half hour taking blood pressure etc. I called our family Doctor and asked a few questions and requested a prescription for another Epipen.
They sent us home but I was still nervous that night as we drifted off to sleep! I don't know how much more of this I can handle! I will be having gray hair soon from this!!...:) He stayed indoors most of Sunday then since we didn't get his new Epipen picked up because we would have had to drive a few hours for it! When he wasn't in the cabin on Sunday it was like walking on pins and needles for me! He spent some time in the pool with the kids and played some quates to but I was a bit more relaxed once he was indoors again!
Not sure what this is all about and why the bees are after him so much!?? A few others got stung over the week-end to and even though it's never fun it is just way more hair raising when it's Dave!! Thanks everyone that prayed as we were on the way to meet the ambulance!! I had no idea that he was not reacting! I wish now I would have known he wasn't feeling any reaction. He was wringing his hands together and waiting for the hives to break out. He was reading his body yet since he had given himself his shot he wasn't sure if this is what was holding it off!? Again we are so THANKFUL!!
We do have an appointment scheduled at an allergy center in a few weeks. They have to wait four weeks after his reaction to make sure the venom is out of his system but the appointment is scheduled for the fifth. (exactly four weeks after his bad reaction) They will test and see what it is that is triggering his reaction. Then they will immunize him for that specific bee. It takes dedication and time along with money for this immunizing but we are thinking that we don't want to go through life with this hanging over us. We love it outdoors and bees being part of nature how do we avoid them!?
I called Dave's brother Jonathan as Dave was being hauled off once again and through my tears I asked him to please pray ~!~ He then left the other family members know to pray. It was so fresh for all of us so they took praying seriously! Sorry for the scare guys but we are so thankful for prayers at times like these! We hope and pray this never happens again!!
We now have fresh suntans since we had perfect weather for the pool!! The weather these days is just stunning! Perfect!! Blue skies, low humidity, white puffy clouds and perfect temps!! Last night brought us lots of rain again to water my gardens but today again is gorgeous!
Some of our week-end fun... Thanks so much Mommy and Daudy D. for planning this for us!!..
![]() |
| Mommy D helping with the games...:) |
![]() |
| Micah... Holding baby Alan's nuk...:) |
![]() |
| I think he is doing a "tummy tuck" but check out those ribs!! |
![]() |
| This girl is like a fish in the water!! |
![]() |
| Mom is so good with the children! |
![]() |
| Javon loves his cousins!! |
![]() |
| Austin... |
![]() |
| James... #stunningeyes! |
Today was treatment day here... Jordan had a movie going to keep him entertained during treatment. Mom was here awhile and since Jordan was entertained she helped me with some of my flowerbeds...:) Thanks Mom!!!
Jordan had extra blood work done today just to see where his antibody levels are since his weight loss. Pray with us that his body is making more of it's own antibodies again!
His summer has been amazing!! When we think of all that changed for Jordan since his diet change we are amazed!! His allergies are non existent. His skin is clear. His nose does not snot and his eyes are clear to! He has so much energy!! He feels good in his gut! He sleeps great and no restless nights anymore! We pray that his body is healing itself and that it will only get better from here!
He will be ready to expand his diet and add some grains again but he is so patient and he never complains. Fruit is his highlight and we are enjoying lots of local goodies right now!! No need to make many trips to Wegman's since we have local things right now. The garden is thriving on the plentiful sunshine and great rains and we are so enjoying the fruits from the garden!! I just planted lots more greens (seeds) this morning since the weather has been so great I'm thinking they will come up.
My ankle is still getting wrapped everyday. The last few days of sitting more were healing. The ends of the days here at home have my ankle so tired and throbbing if I don't sit much. I can't even imagine running on this ankle yet! It hurts even if I limp but it gets better everyday and I'm thankful it was not broken or the recovery would be much longer!
Running...
I have a "Love/Hate relationship with it but these few weeks have me realizing what it really does for me and for my body! I feel so out of shape and like something is just really missing. These lovely mornings with the cool temps have me aching for a run! I crave that long run often! (More the feeling it delivers in the end then the run itself...:)) Dave and I always run together on week-ends and especially when we are on a get away where we are taking in extra calories!...:) So this weekend we missed running together!
I even got emotional as I packed my running clothes, I packed them anyway even though I figured I won't be using them! I asked Dave if this means "I really just need a run or if it means I'm overly sensitive...:) I'm hoping it will be back to running soon but this is taking longer then I'd like!! Patience is key...:)
Enjoy This LOVELY Summer Day!...












No comments:
Post a Comment