After our dramatic summer (or so it seemed at times) I have caught myself taking a step backwards and looking at our everyday life and what is really important...
Do we have an "Everyday Love" within us that flows over to those around us? How is it that we are so quick to just take things for granted? Small things that we don't even realize are really even there. They might just seem ~ordinary~ or ~typical~ and ~familiar~ that we just think it's just life and it's great but still it can be just ~plain and simple~ or maybe it's even ~same old, same old~ at times.
Things like... When my husband comes up from behind me and puts his arms around me. That phone call or that text that is meant only for me. Time spent talking on the back porch as the sun is setting. (even if the dishes are still in the sink and the kitchen is a mess) I have learnt to just relax more and take more time to appreciate the "Everyday Love" that surrounds me.
God has ways of showing us what's important. We really cannot afford to not have time for that "Everyday Love" that might be a life line for those around us.
Dave hangs out with the kids. ALOT! He is the life of the party around here! Last evening it was ball practice in the side yard with the big boys... He rarely does things the "ordinary way" and he had the golf cart going to tear after the balls! I called it "Lazy" he called it "Redneck"...:) It made for some belly laughs... Here is a small clip.. I hope it works...
Before bedtime last evening Jenika asked her daddy to play a game of snakes and ladders with her. He said Yes. You should have heard the commotion! As soon as one of them was winning they would rub it in and say "I'm still winning" (with a twinkle of the eye) and oh the racket Dave made when he landed on a snake that sent him way down to the bottom of the board! This had Jenika giggling even this morning yet as she was telling Javon how Daddy played the game!...:)
This evening Dave took the kids to the school grounds. Ball practice is better there since they have a back stop and no windows to break...:) Another advantage to being land join to school...:) The Little's like to go along and play on the swings and in the Gaga court. They had the Glick cousins and the Zook girl cousins next door along to join the fun to!...:) Dave came home with a pulled arm muscle!... I rubbed and wrapped it soon after they got back. I'm thinking this thing will be sore for awhile! Are we getting to old to keep after our kids??? I think not yet...:)
Doctor Steve adjusted my ankle again today. He gave me the okay to do a short run this weekend! As long as it don't hurt to much then he wants to see me back next week to see if it held in place. I'm thankful for his adjustments on this ankle because it seems to be healing up faster then the my family Doc thought it would.
I'm also rubbing and applying "Prodovite" on my ankle and also taking it inwardly. Has anybody else heard of "Prodovite"? I'm still doing my research and not really sold on it to much yet but Dave's mom is all in!! She has great testimony and she thinks it would be so good for Dave and for Jordan to! I'm still processing it!? I can definitely feel something five minutes after taking it inwardly. It seems to have some serious vitamins and minerals in it but I'm still not sure if my body really needs this stuff? I think with healthy diet and lifestyle along with some good quality supplements this can be enough to bring healing to the body... Still educating myself.
I made a stop at Wegman's today for some of Jordan's favorites... Coconut milk, Organic Apples, Blueberries and Grapefruits, Stevia, Organic Pecans, Organic frozen berries. These are a few things he can hardly go without and finding them at Wegman's is easier then most places.
Meat is Jordan's life line these days! He piles high his cast iron skillet with chopped onions and garlic and sautés in coconut oil a bit then he adds his meat. Sometimes three different kinds! Just a small amount of each but still three different kinds a lot of the time! All organic and grass fed. He likes shrimp and scallops to!
When his meat and onions are cooked through he adds veggies, like carrots and peas or whatever we have around that is organic. He then gathers greens (from the garden right now) and cuts them in small pieces. His hot dish goes on top of the greens. He likes when I cook cauliflower and carrots until soft then puree them in a food processor real smooth. We call this his "cheese sauce" and he adds a little bit to the top of his dish to complete it...:) Most days are the same right now even though his fruit, veggies and meat all get mixed around. It's no types of flours or grains at all for him right now. He likes to snack on pecans! We have a few weeks of this before adding any new foods to his diet.
Another thing that I have started since Jordan's food journey is this... I let him use all my fancy dishes! My crystal Princess House goblets get used for smoothies and the dainty small glass dishes get used to serve his food. I think if it's got to be so limited we might as well make it feel like it's fit for a King!...:) We actually all enjoy eating from the fancy stuff now!...:) A few dishes and goblets have gotten broken since we started on this journey but it's okay, it's worth it to me...:) Why have them just set on the shelf? Life is way to short for that!
The Little's are at Jonathan's for a campfire and Jordan went with Mark home overnight. Dave has a "What's Your Deal Call" going on the back porch beside the campfire. (the call with his mentor group once a week) The Summer schedule is a blast and we will so miss it! The evening is chilly. Javon just came in a bit ago for a jacket! The days are perfect though and we spend every spare minute outdoors!
Do you have an "Everyday Love" for those around you?? Take time for the little things and don't take them for granted today...
Since I seem to appreciate my husband more these days I found these interesting since they are so US!...
Love it!!
Living with Dave is one big adventure and he shows us "Everyday Love" even if he don't always feel like it! Do you have a husband like this?? If so don't take him for granted... Love is a choice and a sacrifice of self. Let us not miss the Blessing of showing God's "Everyday Love"
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment