We are hoping that it does bring some rain and a bit cooler temps soon. Things are drying up fast! About the only thing to do to stay cool is to find a water hole or stay indoors in the air condition! Today is again "cousins day" with Sis Marilyn's boys here most of the day, it's a highlight of the week for my kiddos!! Today I'm having a really hard time keeping them outside like usual!! They want to raise the roof indoors where it's cool and with six kiddo's here I can hardly keep after them with my "Slow Motion"! Just serving them lunch was a real workout!
I was happy to hear Doc say I can put weight on my ankle again but I need to keep it wrapped and elevated as much as possible... Knowing me I will not rest! I did hoe my flowerbeds this morning and was in the garden a bit pulling weeds. I have been on my feet all day until just now and I'm really feeling it! I think my limping is also doing a number on my good side since I put extra effort into my good leg to protect my ankle. I walk like a real cripple! Tonight is Chiropractor night and I'm feeling the need to get lined up again!
No running for six to eight weeks!! I guess there was a reason I waited to long to sign up for the Bird-in-Hand Half going on in September. The run is full and I was to late to register. Dave was not planning to run so I was hesitating even though I did plan to register eventually. If I were training I would be devastated. I will just come up with another form of exercise for now and then work my way back up once I can run again. These things happen and I will make the best out of it.
My last run done last Thursday morning... It will be awhile and I will miss it! My stress hormone will miss it to!!... :)
Dave is home!! We are feeling complete in our household once again! It was a successful trip to Belize for him. I heard a bit about it last night at midnight when he came in but I'm sure I will be hearing more in the days to come...:) He brought me a big beautiful hand painting of the lovely "Mahogany Bay" at sunset. I want to frame it.
Since I have been sitting more the past days and it's been so hot we met friends at the pool again!...:)
![]() |
| Javon and his twin friends...:) |
![]() |
| Bryant is a little fish in the water! He just floats all over the place with his puddle jumper...:) |
I can tell the kids are getting tired of the "home pool", it is still clean and clear but they are not swimming near as much as before! I was wondering how we will be ready for school when the time comes but with so much hanging out in the house today this has me thinking we will be ready after all...:)
We are enjoying the harvest from the garden! Peppers are plentiful and being used. Cucumbers are multiplying by the arm loads! Tomatoes are turning red. Onions are not going to last all summer the way Jordan is using them! Spinach and other greens get used everyday!... Grapes and blueberries are hanging on and looking great! Beans were planted late but looking great! Watermelons will be plentiful and are getting big! After all those potatoes bugs feasting on my plants I still even have some nice looking potatoes...:)
We are thinking about packing the bags again for a few days of summer fun with extended family!! We all look forward to this weekend out with the Dienner's. The packing and food and cleaning and yard work that all needs done before we leave looks a bit overwhelming with my "Slow Motion" movement but it will come together I guess...:) I am used to covering a lot of ground around here in a short time! With limping along and moving so slowly it just takes much longer to get things complete! I'm sure my morning work took twice as long today! I'm still feeling so blessed it is not broken!
Jordan is in week five of cleansing. He never complains even though I'm sure he is ready to expand his diet once again! Today was the "Gluten Meeting" and I so enjoy these but with cousins here today and my "Slow Motion" self I just didn't make it out to that this week. It was a bread baking day here to and this ties me up for about four hours. We can go long without bread in the house but it has been long enough and the Little's can't wait to have a warm slice right from the oven...:)
It also feels like since Jordan is so limited right now that we are just in "the mode". Getting new ideas are not on the top of the list right now since it would probably just tease him. So much he can't have!! I'm not baking any goodies at all right now unless it leaves the house for a party and we just all eat more fruit and veggies. It has been good for all of us...:)
Summer parties are still the hardest part of this diet journey! Last evening we were at Papa's with the Zook family and Mark Andrew made AMAZING meat! We had all the yummy fixings to go with it and Ruth even made homemade "still warm" dinner rolls with homemade Amish peanut butter smears!! (Dave missed out on this!!) Mark Andrew did have a piece of meat unseasoned and smoked set aside for Jordan. He is so happy when someone thinks of him at parties like this and he said the meat was terrible good...:)!
This was the last family gathering with Dave and Rose and kiddo's! It has been an enjoyable, busier then usual summer because we did more with them. I think the whole family just set things aside to make time to hangout with Dave and Rose!...:)
Josiah, Justin will sure miss you at the Zook gatherings for the next few years!!... These two are both first born with strong personality so this makes for a real party!!...:) Safe travels as you head back to Africa for a few more years!! Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Josiah turned sweet sixteen while they were here visiting the states! Lets get those Emails coming once again Rose!...:)
My mom took all the grandchildren minus Justin up to feed the fish where she works last week... She always enjoys taking them up once a summer even though most times only a few at a time... I think she was a bit stressed out until she got back home with them all!...:) They rode the bus up and back. This was part of the adventure in itself!...:)
My mom does laundry at Bird-in-Hand motel and this makes for some fun Bird-in-Hand adventures since they have a pool, mini golf, fish, ducks and big swings! The kids loved it! Thanks Mom! You are the BEST! My few hours alone were so quiet!...:)
The kids are out berry picking. They pick berries for anything from pies to smoothies and they spend hours picking these summer berries! Dave came home from Belize with a pile of laundry which added to my own stack that has been getting neglected...:) I have to see the sand in his wash and on his flip flops and then think of the lovely Belize beaches that he got to see without me!... I can't wait to visit again!! I'm off to the "Slow Motion" of getting the laundry put away... Oh well... I'm still feeling Blessed!
Find a way to stay cool on this Hot Summer Day!
.jpg)




.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment