Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Apple Sauce / Antibodies...

It was a busy day...:)


The mess was at Sis Marilyn today. We all got some apple sauce and everyone is tired yet happy to be done with this for another year...:) I was only helping here and there as today was also Jordan's treatment day and I slipped out to pick up eight boxes of tomatoes to juice sometime this week yet! I was happy to find organic plum tomatoes for juicing! These tomatoes make the best juice for soups!

My apple sauce was done sugarless. I got one box and it should be plenty. I don't serve apple sauce with meals here but I like to use it in cakes and muffins that are "Jordan Friendly" so this is what I do it for. We did Ginger Gold apples and these are a sweeter apple.

 So many of  our favorite gluten free desserts call for pumpkin or apple sauce.

Thanks to Mom, Marilyn and Kath for going on with the mess while I came home to be here while Jordan got his infusion. Justin was here to and Mark came along over to be a play station partner for awhile...:) He loves to have company while he is hooked up!


I made Jordan lunch when we got home. He is hungry by one o'clock in the afternoon since his breakfast consists of pills, liquids and powder shakes. He does eat some fruit most times to. He likes to eat while on IV. Today his lunch smelled amazing as always and his nurse was right there when I served it to him so I showed it to her close up...:) She said she wished her kids would eat like that!...:) Onions, garlic, chicken, shrimp, broccoli, peas and beans all grilled together then on top of garden greens (lettuce, kale, spinach) and even avocado!

He has taken a liking for avocado since I told him the one day that if he eats some in his dish I will make his bed and tidy his room for him the next morning!... Deal!! The only thing was he is so in habit of doing his own room that he forgot about letting me do it... He came down that morning and says "Aw shoot, I forgot you were going to do my room today"...I'm still waiting until he remembers...:)

Jordan has his annual fishing trip coming up tomorrow with Sam and his crew! He can't wait but it's an all day affair and I'm a bit nervous about what he will eat. I plan to pack his lunch but they leave early and stop for buffet breakfast then stop again for supper and then not get home until late!! He said "Mom, I don't care, I'll starve before I miss this fishing day!" He is doing two shakes a day right now "Clearvite" but I think he will only be doing one tomorrow.

Justin has testing at Faith tomorrow to start high school. We are all a bit sad to see summer leave us but I think he will enjoy this year in high school. He does enjoy the shop and he will miss it.

I'm putting away like thirty jars of pickles to! I got the pickles for free from a friend that had to many and I had fun doing these to add to my canning shelves. I did a real low sugar recipe, (six cups per batch) after researching some sugarless ones I found they called for honey instead and Jordan has worse issues with honey then sugar so I just stuck to the real deal this year yet. We really don't eat that many pickles anyway.

Canning is started. A bit later then other years but it's okay. I'm happy to have it started now. We will be researching "Jordan Friendly" soups to can... I'll let you know how I make out...:)

Ever since host family here the other Sunday I have had a few requests for some recipes... I will post them on the next post... The "sinful" Pretzel Bark and also a Zucchini Pizza recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment