Sunday, August 3, 2014

Running Again!!


I'm RUNNING again!!

It feels great to get back out on the roads for a run!! It was a bit out of my comfort zone to do this first run so soon but with Dr. Steve's okay and Dave's encouragement out I went. Yesterday morning. We wrapped my ankle so tight to keep it protected and it hurt when I started out at first. After awhile it just kind of went numb and I wasn't sure how it was going to feel when I took the tight wrap off. Dave ran a longer route since I was so slow then we met up at the vineyard where we cut in the trail. It was a slower two miles...


The rest of yesterday my ankle felt great! I even did the walk behind mowing again! I told Dave I feel like I have the spring back into my step! I'm back to bouncing up and down the stairs again and not going the slow one step at a time anymore!! It felt so much better yesterday! I'm so happy about this!!

I really think the run got this ankle loosened up. Last evening it was a bit tired but still much better then other evenings. This morning we ran the exact same route again and it went faster then yesterday! I hope this means we are back in the running business because I sure am feeling it in my muscles that I haven't ran for two weeks!

Two weeks and I get this stiff when getting back into it! It seems amazing that I run so regularly yet it only takes two weeks of no running to have my muscles get this out of shape!...:}

Here is this mornings run... The weather is great for running right now!!


Dave was flying a little last night. His plane didn't want to make it up very good so after a few tries he just ended up putting it away. Mom and Dad came to join us for a campfire then instead of flying. It was great to chat to them around the campfire. We are so Blessed to live so close to our parents and get to spend random nights like this with them!


Today was relaxing. We had a visiting minister at church this morning. Jay Fox from the city of Reading. We have evening service as well so I'm off to get this clan ready for church...:)

Next week looks busy with August activities! School shopping, Dentist appointments, Dr. appointments for well child school physicals, and canning and freezing is getting started to! Corn tomorrow.... GMO, Chemical free! I'm excited to have my hands on this kind of corn!! Thanks Wilma!!

No comments:

Post a Comment