Today is rainy!! It's baseball in the basement, playing school and a library type of day. It has been awhile since we had such a lovely rain. The garden is thriving! I love the "Back to Eden" gardening style!! Mercola had a great article on this in his newsletter last week again. To read it go here... http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/08/09/biodynamic-farming.aspx?e_cid=20140809Z1_PRNL_art_1&utm_source=prmrnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20140809Z1&et_cid=DM53253&et_rid=615127306
The weeds are normally out of control in my garden this time of year. I kind of lose interest and time. I go to the garden everyday for fresh greens and tomatoes and I'm finding no weeds!! If there are a few they pull out so nicely and the plants love the wood chips! I'm excited to keep experimenting with this type of gardening!!
Friday's Rachel Ann comes to help me clean. She has been here for years and I can't imagine life without her! We have an adjustment on Fridays once school is over. My kids have come to not look forward to Friday mornings. They know they need to stay outside for few hours while we wet the floors. They love it outside and spend hours and hours but it just seems Friday mornings for a few hours is when they just really want to be inside walking around! Or else a constant in and out of the house. They need snacks and drinks and stuff way more in these few hours then any other day or so it seems! Jenika has gotten somewhat used to this routine by now and this is where we spied her Friday morning... She is on the bathroom rug that Rachel Ann had chucked out the door for a shake...:)
Sasha loves Jenika!! She is never far from her side when she is outdoors! It's no wonder, she loves on her nonstop!
The weather has been perfect! We are so enjoying this summer weather!! Cool and lush!! Dave was at the shop loading trucks one morning last week and he said he saw his breath! We love having the windows open most of the summer! The weekend ahead looks great to!!
We have been hosting. We had about twenty or thirty people here after church on Sunday for host lunch. We then we had a campfire party for our friends Sunday evening. It was great since I had food leftover from lunch, I just set the same things out again and we even still have leftovers! I think I made to much food. We always enjoy our fun group of friends! We missed you Matt Lapp's and Jr Roses! The guys played Can Jam and did the winery walk with the lovely full moon overhead while us ladies caught up around the campfire...:)
Dave had a birthday yesterday! Happy 39th Birthday Hon!!! We are happy to still have him around for this birthday this year!! I normally do a special supper for birthdays but since we had so many leftovers and we were planning another party here for Dave's Mentor friends this evening (got canceled/rescheduled because of the rain) I decided not to cook more food. He had leftovers for his birthday supper!...:} Some years are just like this. It's okay. I took him a peach smoothie to the shop and we sat in the sun for awhile just talking. Last evening we took Justin to the park for ball practice after supper and stayed there for a few hours while he practiced the game. He loves playing ball and he plans to participate in a "sixteen and under" tournament this weekend so he is getting some practice in with his team. Dave was pitching balls to them...
The Little's loved the swings at the park...:)
Camping here with my family coming up this weekend! We are looking forward to it very much! The only thing is... my kids are dragging their feet while all the other kids can't wait to come to "Aunt Suz's house" for a few days! My kids think they won't really have enough to do here... They think they will miss the campground this year! We plan to set up games and make it fun for everybody, they will like this I think...:) We are all doing our normal meals that we do at the campground and we hope to do most of the cooking outdoors! I'm hoping it will be an "Outdoor" weekend even if we are on the "home turf" but we will see how it goes...:)
Jordan starts the next step of his cleanse tomorrow. He is looking forward to expanding his diet a bit even though this phase has him cutting back the meat, even going one full week without any meat at all!
He is doing great! We were hoping to have all cleansing done by the time school starts but he will be into it a week or so after school starts. I dread packing his lunch! I don't even want to think about it. He likes to make his own food when he gets hungry. He knows what he wants and how he wants it seasoned and cooked. He does ALL his own cooking now. Is this mean of me?? He seems to prefer it this way so I stay out of his way...:) Most times if I ask him if I can help him with anything, he will say "No, I got it"
He gets meat out of the freezer the day before many times so he has something to grill. He makes trips to the garden for greens often. He eats many many pecans! I can't even keep enough on hand! He eats peaches and makes smoothies everyday. He eats so healthy. No sugar, No grains, No dairy, No eggs, No gluten, No flours at all! Lots of lemons (another thing I can't keep here) Lots of water.
If his "Leaky Gut" is not healing now it probably never will!!...:)
We know it's healing. I just think it will be a slow process. I'm scared to introduce new foods. I don't want his body acting up again. I know once we start to introduce different foods back in, and he feels okay on them he will push the limits with portions and taking things slow is just not really his style.
He has come this far and we are so thankful!!
I do get times when I'm frustrated. At times I want to make my kitchen off limits to anybody but me! I literally clean my kitchen every night! The kitchen here has always been a friendly place for the kids. They have all been helping with the cooing and baking since they were little, but at times it seems since Jordan has gotten more active in the kitchen everybody else has as well. This makes for smoothie messes, spills, spritzed stove tops, broken glass almost daily!...:) I hear "I can do it myself" way more then I ever did! I let them. I'm finding this is how they learn! Jordan is super with putting his mess away now! He is better at cleaning counter tops and when I come behind and clean up what he thought was already cleaned up he will say" Well I don't have thirty plus years of experience yet like you do" Don't know what age he thinks I was when I started cooking... according to his calculations it seems I was just a wee baby!...:)
We hear ALL the time he looks like my brother Allen!! I can't wait to get a picture of them together. Hopefully this weekend!... I think it's the thin frame and blond hair along with some Dienner in his face...:)
We are off to get deer license for the fall hunting season... Oh boy... Here we go again!...:) The leaves are starting to fall off and we are thinking hunting season and also school. I'm so sad to see summer end!! It seems to go faster every year. I think it will be a rainy movie night at home for this family... Enjoy this rare rainy day... The sun is forcasted to be back tomorrow giving us another row of lovely days...:)
Canning season is being pushed back this year.. I'll get to it soon...:)
#makingthemostofthissummer!






No comments:
Post a Comment