It's ball practice off and on around the clock around here! Justin has signed up to play on a ball team in the upcoming Nic. tournament. He drags Jordan to the yard for practice often!! They are both living with sore muscles in odd places these days! They are both getting better at the game from all the practice to! Dave has gotten involved to the point of having a really sore arm. I think he pulled a muscle in his arm.
Today was our workers picnic. We always take a day to do an appreciation picnic for the workers at the shop. We appreciate each one and what they do for the business! We have a great lunch meal then the games are going all day long as the children play on the swings and I always do a candy scramble in the afternoon for them...
Over the years we have done the food for this picnic day. It was so much work already to prepare food and then deliver and serve it hot. We have gotten the meat grilled on sight already and then just supplied the sides to go with it. This was work and a slop to. The last few years we have had catering and when mom handed it off to me this year to be in charge it was all catering again! I had some paper supplies and drinks to get together but for the most part it was a breeze of a day...:) The caterers also did wrap and veggie trays for supper which I brought home to keep cold in the fridge and then at supper time I came home for them and we just got these handy wrap trays out. It was a huge hit to! "Village Farm Market" I would highly recommend them for catering!!
The weather was great! The temps were cool and the cloud cover kept us from being to warm as the ballgames were going on. We had a rain shower but nothing major. My new garden seeds and rows of newly planted onions needed that shower!...:)
The kids have friends here tonight. Jonathan's are out for a steak dinner and the three oldest girls came home from the picnic with us and are here for the evening. They are having a real party with "Amish Hats" and a movie!...:)
Many people at the picnic today hardly recognized Jordan! They asked "Who is that guy playing in the outfield?" His thin frame and blond hair have people telling us he looks like my brother Allen!! He loves it!...:) Playing ball goes so much better for him this summer then any other year! He has endless ENERGY!
He has his challenges with his diet but it has been so good for him!! He feels AMAZING!! He packed his lunch for the picnic today. The kitchen smelled amazing just before we headed out for our picnic! When I came home for the supper stuff I was supposed to bring him two apples along back. Guess what? With my mind on the supper stuff I forgot his apples!! He gets really upset and his feelings get hurt really easy if we forget his food or if we accidentally season his stuff as we are cooking his food along side the others on the grill. He still loves to eat and when we mess his food up he can get emotional!...:) That's why he prefers to make his own!...:) I took him over to Weis Market and he got some fruit to eat while the rest of the crew ate supper.
The last few days I noticed something. Jordan normally cooks for himself and he eats every bite! Up to the last crumb! This past week I started to notice that he had food left on his plate. I noticed it in small amounts at first and then I started to see way more leftovers! I asked him about this because he puts his hot dish on greens and it's not real handy to save as leftovers. His food is expensive so we try not to ever waste any of it!! He said "I don't know why but I can't eat it all anymore!" I'm guessing his stomach has shrunk and it just can't handle as much food at once anymore? He does enjoy his fruit smoothies and pecans or just plain fruit in between his meals. He is still cleansing and it really does not seem to take to much food for him right now. I hope this is okay. He eats high quality food and lots of healthy greens so I'm assuming he is getting his nutrients. We are expecting his blood test results any day now.
My ankle still hurts at the end of the days. I was told by Doctor Steve I can try a run this weekend. I'm not sure how he figures but I'm going to wrap it up tight and give it a try sometime over the weekend. Just short but I'm praying all goes well since I'm really needing to run again!...:)
I told Rachel Ann off for cleaning today. I hope you enjoyed your day Rachel Ann! I didn't feel the need to clean the house real good since we were out last weekend and the lovely days this week had the kiddos outdoors almost every waking minute all week! I did not realize though that when making meadow tea for the shop picnic that I was going to let a glass gallon jar slip from my grasp and have it shatter all over my kitchen counters and even run down into my drawers!! It took me at least an hour to clean up the sticky mess with all the tiny bits of glass mixed into the sticky warm tea! The kids were in eating supper at the time and one of them said to the other "I think we will go outside and play now" I told them that was a great idea...:) It was okay though, these things happen and my kitchen got a good scrubbing out of it (like three times before I didn't hear the sticky stuff on my shoes anymore!...:))
#campfireisgoing...:)



No comments:
Post a Comment