Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Food Sesitivity/Support group...
Today is "Lots of Salsa" day for me! Last night I asked Dave how much salsa I should do today and he said about five times more then last year and last year I think I did four or five batches! I will be busy!!
Just a reminder on tomorrow... Here at my house at ten o'clock.
What is it??
I call it "Food Sensitivity" educational/support group but you can call anything you like.
We just gather and share ideas on how we can get creative using real whole foods. Cutting out the handy processed foods can be a huge challenge and I have learned so much from this group in the past. Linda was doing these over the summer but she decided to give it a break for now so I plan to continue it and see where it goes. I want some feed back on days and times because this can be changed if the day or time is not good for some.
Ideas like this one are fun!... What we don't do to get the kids to eat healthy!
Many people have food related problems in their families and it can be a challenge! So if you need awareness, support, great ideas, recipes or how to just tweak things in your everyday cooking sessions to start the "baby steps" towards a healthier life style come on out and join us!
The biggest thing that breaks my heart is when I see an innocent child struggle with mood disorders, stomach pain or discomfort, sick so often, skin disorders, foggy brain and just can't do well in school, bloated and over weight like Jordan was and the parent really has no idea what is wrong and is just excepting the fact that "This is just how my child is".
The diet has so much to do with the health and well being of the child that is struggling! Awareness is the number one key. Choosing to do nothing after the awareness part can tick me off sometimes! Sorry for the honesty but it's a child that depends on you and being in denial or thinking "it's to overwhelming for me" is selfish in my opinion. We have challenges everyday with Jordan's diet but it has still been so worth the effort! I have so much to learn yet and we are not even near where we hope to be here at our house. (my kids still LOVE sugar!) I like the "Baby Steps" process and here this is not near as overwhelming for me. Just as long as we are educating ourselves and taking baby steps to better, it's at least that much. Unless the child is really sick then at time we need to take giant leaps we don't always feel ready for.
I'm looking forward to some new ideas because I'm really struggling with this back to school schedule! Packing the lunches can take me really long! I need to set an alarm clock to make sure I get up early enough. I hate alarm clocks! (never set alarms here, just wake with the daybreak) The chopping and cutting that goes on in the morning here is unreal! Doing it the night before is hardly an option since the meal goes into the "keep hot thermos". I'm getting used to it. This morning was the first since school started that I didn't set an alarm clock and I got up on time. I think my body is adjusting slowly.
Yesterday was an afternoon run for me. I miss my morning runs! The cooler temps got me out afternoons again. I started out an hour before the kids got home so I was back at the house again by the time they got home. Five miles felt great again! The cooler weather will bring more afternoon runs instead of my usual mornings.
Come join us tomorrow and bring all your creative ideas! I will serve a light snack of some of Jordan's favorites if I have time to make them today after ALL the salsa...:)
Enjoy your Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment