Today was an all day school sale day. It was fun to be a part of the school sale this year. Javon loves his kindergarten friends and most times at places like these today he begs to go home or he just hangs around me, I have always said "He is just not a people person" Today however, as soon as we arrived at school for the breakfast I could tell something was different about him. He walked into the gym with confidence, found his friends, waved to his teacher and after the breakfast I hardly even saw him all day!! (until he was out of money!)
Jenika had more of a hard time finding her place today...:) Unusual for this social butterfly of ours but I could see her point...:) She tried to hang around with Javon some and she did make a few new friends. She spent to much money on tickets and candy. The Little's even shared a soft pretzel right after breakfast! Not the best idea to give them each some dollars to spend! I was not at all surprised when she was already car sick on the ride home. As soon as we got home she was moaning and holding her tummy. I gave her no sympathy and she did not have to question why after I saw her cute little pink purse full of candy wrappers! Sorry Jen you will have to work it out of your system before you feel better...:)
So much work goes into a day like today! It was fun to meet some of the patrons and help at the smoothie stand awhile. Thanks to those who work so hard to help with the great Christian Education the kids get here. Each class had done a class project to sell and help raise funds. It was cute to see the classes stand up on stage and hold the projects as they were being auctioned off...:)
It was therapy to be out in the garden this evening. I pulled the beans out after picking a five gallon bucket to put in the freezer yet. I had piles of laundry to finish and the soup jars got cleaned and put on the shelves. (this feels so nice!) We also moved Justin back upstairs tonight again. He will miss his basement room but it just feels more right to have him upstairs in his room again. It was a chore until we had his mattress and box spring up two sets of stairs! We missed the man of the house and his "manpower"! Texas is keeping him so busy. I hardly hear from him at all! Classes and more classes. He texted me a picture of his surroundings (in a class type) this morning while I was at the sale and I said "Oh Boy, I would hate that!" I sent him a picture of my surroundings as I was sitting in the sale auction and he said "Oh Boy, I would hate that!" ...:) Miss you tons Hon!
Wednesdays food meeting will have to be put off for me next week due to us having a wedding that day. I will go for the next week on Wednesday at ten o'clock again. Hope to have a lot of ladies joining us! I gave out some DVDs so if you have some educational books or DVDs to share as well we can do a trade off or just pass them around to each other. Make sure to mark your name inside if you do bring any to share.
If you know of someone that was planning to come please let them know we will be skipping a week.
Keep on "Baby Stepping" your way to the goal of taking control of your health and that of your family!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment