Thursday, September 11, 2014

Salsa + Food Challenges...:)

The salsa is done and on the shelves...!


I did six batches and got sixty four pints. It took all day and I was sick of looking at salsa! I told Dave if he eats this stuff by the spoonfuls again this year we will just run out again! This is my least favorite thing to can! It takes so much chopping and even today yet my arms are sore in weird places from all that chopping! It is always such a hit with my guys though and it feels great to have this crossed off the list! Jordan is also allowed this yummy salsa so he is happy about that! The next thing on my canning list are soups that are "Jordan Friendly". I was doing some research and I'm looking forward to trying some of the recipes I found! I was excited to find things like "Chicken Gumbo"  Cream of Vegetable" Most of them showed up as freezer meals but I hope canning them will be just as good.

The "Food Sensitivity" educational/support group was fun yesterday. It wasn't the best turnout but it was the first time here and lots of people showed interest so I will do it again next week with hopes that it will work out for more people. I plan to go for every Wednesday at ten o'clock for now until we get rolling then I will take it from there, depending on the size of the group and how many join in we might jump to every other week? .

The few things I learned yesterday were great and it already made it worth it...:) This is not just for those of you that have sick children or those that have no choice but to be on strict diets! (Even though we can really learn from these people!) I also want this to be educational to those that want to try a healthy lifestyle as a prevention to! Why wait until we have to be forced into change of our diets!? I waited far to long with Jordan and we are still reaping from those years of  my "cluelessness"... :) It has been so worth the effort to educate myself!

I will try to take notes at these meetings and then share some of the things on here in case you can't make it here and you still want to learn and educate yourself on a healthier lifestyle and the "baby step process". Maybe I'll share helpful tips, recipes or the exchange of web addresses that some might find helpful. It's always there somewhere on Google but there is still something about hearing it from a friend that makes it worth researching.


We still have moments like this morning...
The other day Justin just hops into the van as I was going to the store for more canning jars. He sneaks syrup into my cart and since he was being so helpful at the store in the checkout line I never noticed it until I was unpacking the stuff back at the house. I promptly hid it!! This morning we had fruit and French toast for breakfast and I seen him digging in the pantry. Knowing what he was digging for I told him "No" we don't eat that syrup here at our house and I told him I put it out of sight and I'm getting rid of it. He was not okay with this! He refused to eat his breakfast then and it made for a "Not so Fun Morning" with him. He was still mad at me when he got on the bus...:/
How am I supposed to be okay with him eating this poison just before he goes out the door to sit in school and learn! After all I learned about this poison I just couldn't give in!! Check it out... Lite at that! The very first ingredient has been banned from my kitchen a long time ago! HFCS is the worst!

Sorry Justin but this stuff is banned in some countries for good reason and it's banned from my kitchen to! Someday I hope you will thank me!...;)



All the while Jordan stands back silently flipping out that Justin is flipping out! He was shaking his head and mumbling to me... "He would DIE if he had to do my diet!" Anyway, we are growing together on this and we still have our challenges! It frustrates me that Justin really doesn't seem to care at all about what is in his food! As long as it tastes good he will eat it! I know he will eat things behind my back that are bad for him since he just loves the taste for sweet food so much but if I can help it I will! He thinks nothing of giving Javon a big bag of "sour patch gummies!" Some days I want to shake him!!

The cleaning is done for the week, Rachel Ann moved her day to come when Javon is in school so we don't need to bore him with being so busy cleaning on his day off of school...:)  We are again hosting for dinner tonight. We love to hangout with Boyd and Silva Martin. (very popular Olympian horse trainers and riders) We got to know them years back after they had Horizon do some horse structures for them. They are very interesting and very nice with Australian/Germany accents. We are also watching Angel and Sayily for Matthew and Roxy so they can do a much needed date night... Jordan will be the sitter and he will enjoy every minute of it...:)


Kids are home from school and I love the school stories so I'm off... Have a BLESSED day!

Ps. Remember to pray for those affected by the nine eleven terrorist attacks back in 2001! It was a sad sad day for our country! Let's pray for a revival to take place in the hearts of the American people!  #Jesusistheonlyhope!


No comments:

Post a Comment