Thursday, February 26, 2015

"Cozy Day"

"February Fun" month at school is coming to an end. We will miss the fun of February but we will welcome March since it might get us closer to warmer weather!...:)

Yesterday was Jenika's class "Cozy Day". Of course Gallop had to come along to cozy day again! She calls him "Gal'p"! He has been going with her to cozy day ever since she has had cozy days at school!... He sits on her bed everyday! When I make her bed in the morning he has just become part of the décor that sits on top..:) She still loves him more then ever! (Thanks Dave and Rose!...:))



 This is always a fun day since they get to take blankets, pillows and stuffed friends along to school. I was the lucky mom that got to visit and bring them hot chocolate and donuts to finish out the "Cozy Day". This class is so full of energy. I love them dearly. They sang me a song and I listened to some stories with them before the closing bell rang... I love being the second grade room mom this year! School is such a Blessing. Education is a Blessing. Christian Teachers are a Blessing. I love that we are so close to her school. Javon thinks Jenika is so ever lucky because she don't need to ride that school bus. (Javon does not like the school bus at all!)

Jenika works hard at school. She does well and her reading has improved so much this year! She does not like to do Bible Memory at home. I help her learn her verses but I need to coax and bribe her all the way! She thinks if she studies at school that will be good enough, yet the day before Bible Memory is due she won't even know it if I don't study it with her...:) She thinks I'm bossy...:)

I love You Jenika!...

 
The fungus on her head is pretty much dried up. We are thankful yet I can tell I need to stay on top of it since every now and then it acts like it wants to flare up again. I so hope to keep her away from the Doctor and those nasty fungus killing meds! For now we are faithful with oils and it seems to be working. Her Hot Chocolate was made with rice milk and water and she loved it. She does so much better off of gluten and dairy but now and then she just cheats. We are reading her body and I'm happy that she is starting to realize how much better she feels off of those foods. Sugar is very minimal at home but she still likes it when she gets half a chance. It takes major Baby Steps with this girl! She whines and cries way more then Jordan ever did over food!...:) He is her inspiration.
 
Have a Great Thursday...

No comments:

Post a Comment