Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Autumn Is Here!!

It's midweek already! Time is moving along. We are now seeing/feeling the affects of the Autumn season! Today is the last official day of Summer and the cool mornings and evenings are telling us that it's right on schedule..:)

The jars were dug out, washed and filled up once again! It feels nice to fill the empty canning jars and get the shelf filled up again! This is the handiest thing ever when it comes to packing lunches and for those quick last minute suppers!

It took me two part days to fry up my meat and chop and cook all the vegetables, then yesterday was the fun part of assembling everything, adding the yummy seasonings gave the basement a wonderful aroma... then the jars got filled up! The last of it is cooking on the caner here this morning!

Spaghetti Soup, Vegetable Soup, Chili Soup and some hot pepper relish is what got done this week. I didn't do as much as other years but with us gone some of the winter it probably won't take as much. Sixty four quarts and thirty something pints are now ready for the shelf! The work is lots but it is so worth it!



I told Jordan I saved some jars just for his deer meat! I get on him about shooting the meat and he loves it! He is busy putting tree stands together in his spare time after school right now! Him and Ashley have been working on ladder stands. I think we have at least six or eight of these stands in boxes in the garage waiting to be assembled and then put in place for the upcoming season! Jordan is so excited to archery hunt and we are keeping the weekends mostly free for now so we can make quick trips to the cabin if we decide to. Hunting season is something we do as a family and I wouldn't want it any other way!


I need to touch a bit on how we are enjoying our finished basement!! I love this corner for canning!! I do my regular morning work upstairs then head to the basement to make the slop while the rest of the house stays tidy! Then when I need a breather I come up and when I come up to make supper I get to start fresh and leave the basement mess for another time! The kitchen is used to wash jars and cook vegetables then I take the soup to the porch to jar it up. In the end the porch gets hosed down!! It's perfect for canning!! My outdoor cookers are on the porch to and they make canning so handy!

 
I didn't mention that the automatic fire alarm had the fire trucks called to be dispatched two days in a row! I didn't realize that the smoke alarms don't go in the basement and when my sweet relish ran over onto my stove top I scrambled to get fans going and the windows open! The fans blocked the noise and all the while the alarms are going wild on the main floor and I'm in my own little world downstairs!! The fire chief showed up with radio blaring! He soon saw that all was well so he called off the trucks! Poor guys! I'm sure auto fire alarms can be so annoying for them! Dave called and Mommy D called me to see what was going on!..:) Yesterday Jordan forgot garlic bread in the broiler so the alarms went off again! This time we got them called off before the chief came out though..:) I think we will be taking a kitchen break today!
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Yesterday was the start of our Fall/Winter Ladies Bible Study. It is going to be a good one!! "The Armor of God" It's based on the power of prayer. The teacher is Priscilla Shirer and her energy is contagious!!
 
 We take it way to lightly that we have the POWER of God living inside of us!! We let that devil tell us we are to weak to make a difference! We need to become so familiar with the spirit of God that we can detect any other spirit as soon as it rises against us! We have power through Christ and Prayer is our most powerful weapon to use against the enemy! "The Armor of God" He gives us the BEST! Not just cheap or left over Armor! Let's Praise him and use it more!!
 
We need to take a step back and realize that we ALL have an invisible war raging within us and that we can swing the balance with PRAYER! Prayer really does make a difference and though we have a bulls eye on our backs (placed there by the devil) we need not to fear but we do need to be aware!
 
People are not your problem!! The enemy is invisible!
Discover who is behind the scenes!
 
"Prayer"... Tap into Heavenly places.
"Prayer" Activates the Armor.          
"Prayer" Is our Internet access!!       
 
IN THE END WE WIN!! The battle is already WON!!
 
I love the illustration that Priscilla left with us yesterday so much that I want to share it with you... She said they like to take her three boys to a "Fall Festival" put on by a church. The members of the church volunteer to open up the backs of there vehicles (trunks or truck beds) and create carnival type games from them. You move down the row of cars and play games to win prizes and so on! (sounds creative to me!) Her boys got in line to play a game on a truck bed that had a table top made out of cardboard. The cardboard had holes cut into the top and then there was drapery around the bottom of the table. They gave the child in line a plastic hammer to whack the puppets that popped up from the holes! (A homemade whack a mole game!) One in particular child got inpatient and was also frustrated that every time you whacked a puppet another one popped up from another hole! He tore away the drapery in his frustration revealing six adults underneath there with puppets on there hands! They were like deer caught in headlights! But the story behind it was this... find out what is behind the scenes and take care of that! Not just pop down that puppet over and over again! (that's like putting a band aid on your problem)
 
I'm excited for the next lessons! Join us!! It's not to late!
 
I'm off to catch up since a few days in the basement have laundry and other house things backing up on me!
 
The last few mornings runs had us seeing our breath! Fall is upon us!! It's a lovely time of the year for running! I think we will actually enjoy this season a bit more this year... just knowing we won't have to spend all of the really long winter here in the freezing cold might just make the fall season even more enjoyable!..:)
 
Have a BLESSED day... It sure is a LOVELY one!

No comments:

Post a Comment