We have another teenager in the house this morning!! Happy Birthday to Jordan! He is thrilled to be thirteen! He thinks that sounds way older then twelve!...:)
We do birthday pictures here. We have for years. I tell them to dress in anything they chose and most times we go out here on our property somewhere. I have had to do them at the front door or porches already if it was raining or snowy but we try to get them in one way or another and I LOVE IT!! Looking back over the birthday picture day is always fun!
Last evening we enjoyed a perfect evening! The weather is AMAZING since the rains came! The yard is green again and the garden is still sprouting greens!
We had some of my family here for dessert and a campfire. Jordan's birthday falls on a great time of the year to still be outside so we often get his party in before the campfire pit gets packed away. Dads, Sam's were here and also Austin and Leanna. (Smoky's had other plans) Allen and Lynn stopped by as well! It was fun for the cousins as they stayed up a bit later and were playing "Old Gray Wolf" in the dark yard!...:)
I made Jordan a special supper as he practiced his drums at Papa's on Mark Andrew's drum set. Dave grilled steaks and burgers and I made bang bang shrimp and potatoes. The cake I finally settled on baking was a peach bunt cake. It is harder to bake a birthday cake for a child that is gluten, egg and dairy intolerant but this thing was a huge hit and it's almost all gone! We also served waffle cones and ice cream with coffee to our guest that arrived later only for dessert.
Jordan is doing so good these days. The school schedule is good for him. He is loving school and his afternoons are so busy to! He is my go to for anything and he is so willing to help if time allows! Allergies have flared a bit more this season so we notice a bit of redness in the eyes now and then. I keep the house closed up and the oil diffusers running. He has an air purifier running in his room to and I think this all helps his allergies to stay calmer. Food is a big thing to! We notice when Jordan is really strict with his diet that his allergies are not even an issue!
I will try to gather the recipe for his cake and share it on here soon.
At thirteen the boys get a riffle so Jordan is so excited to go to Cabela's and pick out his hunting gun!! I gave him some lighter things for the tips of his arrows that he kept reminding me that he wanted! He is so thoughtful when others have birthdays and he thinks ahead and takes action to make sure he has a gift for that birthday in the house! He ordered me Adidas slides and ordered me not to open the box that comes to the door UPS if he is not here! He then gets Justin to fork over some money to help pay for them!!...:) He gets the fathers and mothers day gifts then makes sure Justin helps pay! So much fun to have one of these organized ones in the bunch!...:) We love birthdays here!
Thanks Jordan for all you add to our home!! We love you and your contagious giggle!
Such a HANDSOME Young man you are turning out to be!! How can it be thirteen years!!??
Mark is Jordan's best friend! They were always a trip together!! Grew up close in age and close in heart! Jordan loves to do life with Mark! He is so BLESSED to have a fun cousin his age!! Mark was here so we drug him along to do pictures...:) Thanks Mark for being Jordan's friend!
![]() |
| Mark gave him a new Beany Cap for his birthday! |
The computer is not the place for me today! I just picked up tons of tomatoes for juicing, salsa, sauces and lots of chopping needs to be done today! I'm off to start the "fill up the canned shelves" process!... Oh boy this should have been done in August! I have enough to keep me busy today without all those tomatoes but if I don't just drop it and do them it won't happen before tomato season is over!
We are so BLESSED!!







No comments:
Post a Comment