Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Catch-up... + We Are Off!!...

Our Christmas was so enjoyable and we are so BLESSED to have another year of wonderful Christmas memories!

After I started to feel better I back to where I had left off. I was so sick and wet countless shirts sweating it out with fevers. I had a strep battle. I used to get these often and most times just went for meds. This time I battled it out naturally and I hope I came out stronger in the end.

We went out Christmas eve. as a family. It felt nice since it took all I had to get the house work caught up and make some desserts to take to dad's Christmas party on Christmas day. We enjoyed a classy restaurant in Parksburg called "Rocco and Anna's". We came back here for dessert and a lazy evening of games and blankets!...:) We didn't even go to bed late since we knew we had a full day ahead the next day.

The children all opened a gift from us....



Christmas morning Dave and I headed out for a run. I could tell I wasn't going to make it far since I was still weak from being on the couch so much. I enjoyed a walk home while Dave went on for a hard run. The weather was crazy warm! Even humid.

Christmas at dad's is something we always look forward to! We enjoyed a YUMMY cooked lunch with mashed potatoes and that great beef and ham! Marilyn does a great salad, Kath does yummy stuffed mushrooms and punch and I do pies and chocolate covered goodies for dessert. In the evening we had fondue soup and leftovers.

Games of corn hole and football got played. The children so enjoyed the outdoors since it was so warm. You will even notice bare feet on some of my pictures!!

We also enjoyed having Daudy D's with us this year! They stayed for lunch and the opening of gifts before Dave took them back home. Thanks Mommy and Daudy D for joining us this year!

The children exchanged their gifts the mom and dad had a big body pillow with a custom pillowcase with their names on it! These were a great gift idea and the children love having these pillows on there beds!

We siblings got mom an oil diffuser and some young living oils to go with it. We got dad two of those handy dewalt battery lights that shine so bright!

It was a great Christmas at mom and dad this year!!  Here are some fun pictures to go with the day...


Mom always has it all set up and organized!! We so enjoy her hospitality on days like this! She is so relaxed as her house just gets tore up...:) Thanks Mom!!

Jenika got her fill of drawing stuff!! She will love this in Belize!

Jordan was thrilled with his gifts this year!! He got a back pack from Mark for hunting and it has a water thing in it that you fill up and drink from a hose that runs up right beside your shoulder while hunting! He got a fishing knife from us (Cutco) so he is set for hunting and fishing now!!

Justin got lots of gift cards! His age requires them since it's hard to know what they want at this age. He loves them! Allen had his name and he also got an Under Armor sweatshirt.

This guy got loaded with Lego's!! He will love these in Belize to!!

I just love these little guy and he loves me!! His age is precious!! I love you baby Alan!!

James loves his gift to!

Love him and how nicely he plays!!

Mark gets into it for sure!!...:)

My elderly Grandparents... Love them!

The big guys football...

The little people's football team...




Thanks Mom and Dad!!


Today the computer room looks overwhelming!...


Tomorrow is our last day here! We have a lot to do yet but we are so excited!! We are off to Sam and Marilyn for supper and one more family party... We are off to see our grandparents one more time.

We will so miss the next door cousins!! We were at Jonathan's for a party (pizza and Aquire) last night. Today the girls are here as we nap... This is what they do!...



We have been enjoying the warm weather and the children have been outside so much!! We want to go somewhere sunny now though...:) It has been a fog and an endless gray here for many many days now!!... BELIZE HERE WE COME!!!

I will be sharing our journey here so you are welcome to follow us along to Belize!... Thank you for praying for us!! We plan to arrive on Wednesday sometime... I will post from the beautiful island of Ambergris Caye when I can!...:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment