Thursday, December 31, 2015
Belize!!!
We are here!! We are super excited. We settled in and it feels so right. The family cottage we are in will be perfect for us! Jordan is the most happy to be here! I don't know how often he said "Oh this is great!" And the weather!! It's beautiful! It is a bit windy today but they say the wind should be moving out by tomorrow and then we can maybe do something on the water.
Two of Dave's investor friends are here with there families. He got them a place to stay here at Mahogany Bay and he also got them a golf cart but we still don't have one because it's crazy busy here right now and it's hard to get a golf cart. Dave has the big boys out to meet Steve's boys and then they will try to locate a cart so we can do some grocery shopping. We plan to do some fun stuff with Tom's and Curvin's while they are here (the investor friends).
The flights went well. The children all did great. The bags all made it after thinking a few times that we lost one. We got here by water taxi yesterday instead of the small tropic air plane, we had so much stuff and so many of us so water taxi it was. The taxi to the water taxi was about twenty minutes then the water taxi was a little over an hour and the small plane is only about a fifteen minute flight from the Belize city airport so that is normally what we do but it just made more sense this way this time.
Dave and I had our eighteenth wedding anniversary yesterday! It was a bit different to be traveling all day but we did keep reminding each other and we do plan to do a date night here one of these nights.
Our back yard!.... This makes me a bit nervous but we will get used to it...:)
Mahogany Bay is coming along great! Every time I come more buildings have gone up. The area around us is a bit tore up with them working on the sewer here in the streets right now. I'm known back home to pretty much live with a Windex bottle in hand well here it will be a broom...:) The sand gets drug into the house but it's easy to sweep up so I do it often...:)
We are at the coffee shop catching up. We want to find water somewhere. We are not sure where that place for swimming and fishing will be yet but we are hoping the guys come back soon with lots of ideas from Steve and Jill. (friends that moved here in August from Maryland) It will be great here in the future when the pools are done and the beach club takes shape! Lot's of things in progress here at Mahogany Bay Village!
I'll try to keep up on here often. We do have WIFI in the house but we are not set up just yet. We are looking through school books and thinking about where the best place will be to do school. Jordan gets his infusion here in Belize later today. His meds made it through the airports just fine and nobody even looked at them or asked any questions. We have brought a load of stuff here but we hope to leave with only half as much stuff!...:) A shampoo burst in the cosmetic bag so Jenika and I had lots of bottles to wash off! I did bring fire cider, kombucha and aloe vera. I hope to experiment making kombucha without the mushroom. I think it might work here in this climate!
I'm off to entertain the Little's until we can find them water... It's really really warm here and we will most likely be in swimmies more then not!... We are LOVING it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment