Thursday, December 17, 2015

Javon is Seven!!

Happy Birthday Javon!!


Your day has finally arrived and you were so delighted to circle the big day on your little note card when you awoke this morning!...:)

We had a rainy day and I wasn't sure how we were going to get pictures in but it gave us a nice break just before the sunset and the warm temps made it fun for some great birthday pictures after all!


 
Javon had a fun day at school with it being "Reader Tea" in his class. He is enjoying school to the fullest and first grade is going much better then he expected. His mornings are so much better and he comes down for breakfast with a happy face now...:) When he was in Kindergarten I heard things like "How will I do school all day everyday!?" "Mrs. Koenig is so bossy and I don't want her for my teacher!" Javon loves Mrs. Koenig now and being a volunteer in the classroom had me seeing all the behind the scenes stuff that she deals with everyday and let me tell you... She is perfect for this class!! Thank You Mrs. Koenig for the love you shower on the first graders!
 
Javon is cutting teeth! Molars are popping and he is a bit agitated with it! We live five minutes from the dentist so after school today I took him just so Doc. could take a peek and make sure nothing else was going on. Nope just the normal. He also has his first loose tooth! He don't appreciate it at all and I told him he has a long ways to go...:)
 
Javon enjoyed a pizza date with his daddy tonight but because of the wet dreary evening we opted to stay in for the night and play with his new birthday toys! He got a bow from Jordan, a remote control car from my mom and dad, Lego's from us which he has been quietly enjoying! Money to spend from Papa Daudy's! Justin has a gift for him to but he is not home to give it to him! It is a tennis ball gun that he will love!! I love that the big boys joined in to make his long anticipated day more fun for him! They were on top of it and got there own gifts for him! Jenika gave him a ten dollar bill to spend to from her own money!
 
I can hardly belive it's the baby turning seven! His stage is so much fun and he is asking lots of questions these days! Life questions. Heaven questions and at this age you can give an answer and really see that they actually get it somewhat.
 
Javon is very independent and wants to do things himself. He is easy going and quiet and so lovable! We all cater to him in our own way but none so much as Jordan! When I check on them at night when they are fast asleep Jordan is at the edge of his side of the bed and Javon is tucked up tight right beside him!! Most of the bed does not even get used! Jordan don't seem to mind...:) Jordan is Javon's go to for anything!! He thinks he cannot sleep in his bed without Jordan so we have some drama when Jordan is away or up later then the first grader...:)
 
Javon loves books!! He reads to self more then any of the other children ever did at this age! He loves to be read to!
 
Javon is our best eater! (minus Jordan) He eats salad and veggies without any fuss! He loves fruit and it is pretty much all he snacks on. He swallows pills like a pro! He takes fire cider and drinks kombucha. He is skinny and after two husky boys before him I find this interesting! He can never wear any hand-me-downs from his big brothers!
 
Javon loves his cousin James the best! He always talks about James! We are all looking forward to some family time coming up soon! It seems that when school is going on the cousins are rarely together and they miss as do I!
 
Javon loves the outdoors but he is still the one I will find on any kind of gadget that he can get his hands on!!
 
Javon you are a true delight! I'm so BLESSED that God has chosen me to be your mom! I love being a mom to you and you brighten my day everyday! I love that you still sit on my lap and give me kisses! I love how your siblings love on you! I love your excitement for the small things in life! I love how you bow your head to pray before you eat at every single meal... even when you are eating a snack all alone...:) I love how you tell me about your school days! I love when you read to me! I love how you sing!!! You love singing loud!! You have blessed our home by just being in it!!
 
I love you so much!!!... Mom
 
 
Happy Seventh Birthday Sweet Boy!!...

 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Today was an "Odds Day" here...:) I met the Zook clan for breakfast at Dutch-Way. Papa treated everyone to a yummy breakfast. The tradition started when Maryanna moved away. When Maryanna comes home for Christmas we all meet at Dutch-Way for breakfast! Husbands that can make it and all the woman and children that are not in school! (I went all alone this year and it felt weird!) It is quit the table full usually but so much fun!! We chat and try to catch up really fast as we only stay for about an hour! We say our goodbyes with promises of catching up some more when we get together for Christmas at Papa's. (this is on Saturday for most of the day and we can't wait!) Thanks Papa for the breakfast!!
 
I came home and the day was so rainy! I buried myself into the basement for the next few hours. I love that we have a finished basement and it is the perfect place to host wintertime parties or to send the kids when they get to rowdy with balls but when going down to clean it feels like I have a whole other house!...:} I gave it a really good cleaning and Justin's bathroom and bedroom got a scrubbing to. It feels nice to have this done.
 
After a short break and a large Kombucha I did the same thing in the attic! I organized and cleaned. Again we have a finished attic which is nice and I wouldn't trade it but cleaning it is a chore...:)
 
I was determined to exercise hard everyday this week and with being out this morning I got to my DVD to add a new stiff to my old stiff!...:) It took an hour and after a shower it was getting Jordan's infusion set up to be ready when he gets off the bus. It went well today and he got a lot done on his science project after school to! It will feel great when his board is done! Hopefully tomorrow!
 
After Jordan, Jenika and I had supper I made a coconut treat for Jordan to have for the Christmas party on Saturday, He worked on his project and Jenika washed the dishes...:) Jordan loves when I make him treats but it's best to keep them limited as I can almost see him swell up when he eats to much sugar!
 
Two batches of pretzel bark got made yesterday! (that is tons of it!!) Chocolate covered "filled" crackers and some pretzels are now coated. It was a fun kitchen day but with no children here to help me and it not being a huge interest of mine anymore it just didn't feel the same. I'd rather take the time to get creative and make something healthier then making food that is so bad for us but it was requested and I can still do it...:) The Christmas music helped out with the quiet kitchen while making those Christmas treats...:) We are looking forward to Christmas with family!!
 
Every day I pack more stuff!! The bags are filling up! I want to take my whole kitchen so it's hard to limit as I pack with weight limits on my mind... and cast iron skillets are so heavy!!...:} I'm afraid I'm packing heavy but nine weeks is not just a short stay and I want many of my favorites to come along with us!! I keep thinking of odd things we will want and I either quickly go gather them or make a note... my note is getting quit long by now!...:}
 
 
 
                                        Good Night...

ps. Pray for Hunter!!! Matt and Lena took Hunter to the hospital and he is being tested for meningitis! Pray against this for Hunter and also pray for peace to surround Matt and Lena and baby Adrian as they fight this sickness along side Hunter!! It's NEVER a good time for this but we are praying that Hunter will be well to enjoy this special time of year!! Prayers being sent your way Hunter!!
Be Brave! (Hunter is three and oh so adorable!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment