Thursday, April 25, 2013

Butterfly Thursday...

My Little's are out enjoying the outdoors today!! I was cleaning away upstairs and packing the bags for the cabin, as I was going from one room to the other I kept seeing them outside from the windows, when I saw them with a netted bag out in the field catching butterflies I just had to take "timeout" to grab my camera and join them...:)

We have many yellow flowers in the field all around us right now!! The little white butterflies are MANY and fluttering about enjoying the flowers very much...:) And then my Jen enjoys the butterflies! She catches them, talks to them awhile then releases them again...:)


The day is so lovely!! I started out this morning with a three mile run, then quiet time and breakfast on the back porch as I enjoyed the sun on my face and the sound of the waterfall. This is such a lovely time of year with a fresh new start to everything around us!

The mulch pile got all put in it's place last evening!  A few other small projects got done as well. We need a few more yards of mulch but it will wait a bit. I was so ready to have this dirt over with it. It seemed the house, the kids and I have been ending our days in a very dirty state! The under your nails and in the hair type of dirt to!! It takes some scrubbing until we are all cleaned up again! A few ticks have been found to :(


Jenika had another dentist appointment this morning. She only has one more visit before a cleaning and more pictures to make sure we are all done! We will be happy when these dentist visits come to an end but it has all gone better then expected and she is so brave. Her mouth was asleep for a while but she didn't even complain at all.

Today was "Deliver the boys lunch day" Justin picked again but I suggested Chick-fil-A because my week has been spent mostly outdoors here,  I knew I was busy again today with being on the road with Jen's appointment. He was all into chick-fil-A!!  We got them chicken sandwiches and milkshakes. They were both waiting on lunch when we arrived at school. (I was a tad late) I love to deliver lunch to them!!  There faces seem to light up when I come with lunch...:) Jordan's class eyes the food as I bring it to him... They declare he is so lucky!!:) Think I will start this earlier next school term...:)

Jen tried a new food this week and was surprised when she liked it...! Cantaloupe!!

When this girl likes anything healthy we just pile it on...:) She is very picky and seems to have a hard time sticking to the healthier choice! She does not like eggs and this is a challenge when the rest of the family loves them any way they are prepared! She seemed to like the whites there for awhile so I put a hole in the center of a piece of bread, put an egg white in there, grilled it with coconut oil and I was delighted when she ate it, but she all of the sudden said no more of that!??  So we are back to oatmeal most mornings. (she does eat it with a drizzle of honey now instead of sugar)

We are off to the Chiropractor this evening, after this week we will probably all need it!...:) The mulching looks so nice and I'm so glad it gets done but it's always so much work... I am one that cannot rest until the pile is put away. The boys have been a huge help this year! The arbor for the grapes is ordered and I'm so excited to get more done around the garden this year!! I think the arbor comes in a few weeks.


Last evening we got in late, got to the showers late, Dave had to get up at 4 o'clock this morning so we said we will only do "fifteen minutes" or so of the Bible DVD series we are enjoying for devotions. The babies were put to bed because we were at the Crucifixion of Jesus and it was about to get brutal! We ended up watching almost an hour of it!! Who wanted to stop before Jesus came out of the tomb?? It was horrid the way they treated Jesus!! I told Dave they must have gone to extreme on this DVD because I can't see how it could possibly have been any worse!! But he said no it was probably worse then most of us imagine!! How sad to be so rejected by his own people!! To bear the sins of the whole world was worse then the many lashes and beatings!!

 Thank-You Jesus for bearing the cross so we may live in eternity with you!!

One more thought for today...
Do we except the vessels God has given us?? A great reminder to me...:) Love this...
 

Have a blessed day...

No comments:

Post a Comment