My computer seems a bit slow today so I'm not sure what I will all get to.
We had a lovely Saturday with sunny warm spring weather!! It made for some great outdoor exploring and other fun activities like bubble blowing, water balloons and just playing in nature. The creek is always a highlight at the cabin!!
We normally have a golf cart or four wheeler up here at the cabin, it is always a huge highlight to the kids!! This time, since the golf cart burnt up last summer, we were without any kind of ride. It made for more walking which was fine but I think there was also more hanging around the cabin.
Sunday was a rainy day! It rained most of the day.
Dave, Sam and I did our favorite five mile trail run up there Sunday morning before the rains came. It was lovely to run the trail as the sun was coming up and the air was cool. I love when more family and friends joins in and finds a love for running!! My brother in law Sam has taken to running and I was very impressed! He kept right up on the five mile run and he had great form. He seemed to be loving it! I'm waiting on my sisters yet... I tell them I think everyone needs to run!! It's so good for so many things and the refreshing feeling after the long runs is amazing!:) I just think everyone needs to experience it...:)
The kids so enjoy this creek every summer...!!
We all walked down on Saturday afternoon and let the kids explore for awhile.
| Loving the outdoors! |
| Micah and Javon... |
My dad enjoyed watching the grandchildren play at the creek...
My Love...:)
The tadpole corner...
Jordan will spend hours in a corner like this! He loves to explore nature more then any of my other kids! He seems to have an eye for anything that moves. Here is showing my mom his tadpole corner...
Of course there had to be some hunting... It was opening day of turkey season so the guys enjoyed some hunting time on a lovely day!... They had some action but just could not get them close enough to shoot. Dad, Brother Allen, and Sam went to the farm to hunt then Dave took Mark and Jordan close to the cabin.
Jordan and Mark went out with Dave early. Jordan had a gun and was happy to go along hunting but due to allergies he had the coughs so bad he almost choked trying to hold back the coughs! He finally told Dave he is going back to the cabin because "you will never see anything out here with me here"!
Sunday was spent around the cabin due to rain. We had a great time of devotions and discussing scripture together after a great breakfast. Then we were just lazy and enjoyed each others company.
We normally take my elderly grandmother on this trip with us, it seemed like something was missing. Grandma Beiler has been getting steadily worse with her Alzheimer's and we were not sure how this would go for her if we had decided to bring her with us. She wakes up during the night not remembering where she is even at home, so up here could have gotten her really worked up. She is hard to conversate with to. She will ask the same thing over and over and she always tries to keep after the conversations but she gets so confused! So sad to see her this way! Pray for my grandma Beiler and my aunt Aary as she cares for her... This is not easy for the family! She seems to know what is happening and it is driving her crazy!
Here are some of my favorite little people that I got to enjoy all week-end...:)
Sister Marilyn holding Micah... He was not feeling the best on our last day up here.
My sisters are are my best friends...I Love them and there families!!
The cabin is cleaned up, the lady bugs are swept up and each room got a good cleaning before we headed home. We got back just in time last evening to hangout with our great group of friends at Mikes. Next we will be taking this group of friends to the cabin, we are already looking forward to it... Each group we take, we always enjoy and have a good time there... I'm Feeling blessed to have friends and family to enjoy the cabin with!!!
![]() |
| perfect hat for a rainy day...:) |
Today has been rainy and I would have loved to stay indoors all day... but this is Jordan today... He got into a poison patch up there somewhere and is totally miserable!! He slept so little last night and kept coming to my bedside! I did not know what more to tell him to do other then what he was already doing. Poison always needs to take it's course but the poor guy!! He keeps taking vinagar baths and won't walk away from the fan for to long!
I took him to the Dr. today to see if there is not something we can do for him this summer! He gets this all summer long and it just seems to pick on him! They gave him some pills and said to see an allergy Dr about something as a preventative...? He has it on his lips, behind ears, around eyes!
I also had a cleaning scheduled for myself at the dentist today. Needed to get groceries. I took the kids to and from school so I'm glad to say I think I can stay home for the rest of the day. Supper is on for this evening... Baked chicken, broccoli, and baked sweet potato... I'm so happy that Dave has decided to give sweet potatoes another try and is creating a taste for them...:)
Jordan has his immune treatment tomorrow, Justin has a field trip, I'd love to go with him but Jordan's field trip is scheduled for Wednesday and I signed up for that one. I guess I will miss Justin's this year. They are going to the Gettysburg battlefields and it will be an all day event!
The rain was needed and things are going to need mowing as soon as the sun comes out but for now we will enjoy these rainy days ahead and do indoor things... Maybe baking something in the kitchen tomorrow as Jordan receives his treatment...? Looking like rain till midweek.
Have a blessed Monday...












No comments:
Post a Comment