Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring Like Saturday...

What a lovely "SUNNY" Saturday morning!! We are having more "Spring Like" weather and we are loving it! Still a bit chilly to really soak up the sun's rays but still warmer.

This week has went by so fast! Only a little more then a month of school left! The school days are filled with end of the year excitement! Justin is busy working on his big History Fair coming up in a few weeks. He has been taking Dave's laptop to school to try to do most of his work at school. I love that the boys do not have much homework! I think they are at it all day and having much homework after school hours sounds stressful to me!

My Little's have rediscovered "Starfall"! This is them early this morning still in there Pj's...
 
Starfall.com... It's great learning fun! I had them on a long time ago and they never really seemed to stick with it to long. Recently I got Javon started again and he just started discovering things and really enjoying it! Jenika then got on board again and they are off and on all day lately. When it's nice and warm they do prefer being outside though! I can tell these two will have so much fun together outdoors this summer!
 
We replanted some seeds this week. My nook was to dry and nothing was sprouting! We moved everything to the basement to a sunny window where it's cooler and the heat is turned off down there to help keep the seeds from staying so dry!... Javon and I had fun one day when Jen had school...



We planted interesting stuff, but now I'm not sure?? It's kinda late. I'm thinking I won't be able to keep myself out of the greenhouses to buy bigger stuff...:) I keep thinking a greenhouse of my own would be great!! I could start in February already...:) Oh well my winter was busy enough I didn't need to think seeds in February...:) Maybe next year...:)

I ordered and received some "Amla Powder" I figured the benefits of this stuff would be great!! I thought I was going to just mix it in with my juice in the morning but when I tried it the first time I almost choked! The taste is so SOUR!! It totally dominated over the taste of my juice and it was awful! I now quickly drink it with a small amount of grape juice and then quickly eat something to take the nasty taste!! I look forward to seeing if I can tell a difference now that I'm taking this daily.
My Little's love to juice for me if they are up in time...:) It's the first thing I do when I get to the kitchen in the morning. They are often still asleep.


Jordan is working hard on his chores this morning and has already done his daily book report. He is once again looking forward to going fishing today!! Him and Mark plan to go over to Kath's for a few hours today to try there luck at fishing. He loves when he has someone with him to share the excitement!!

Dave and I had a very interesting date night out last evening!! I made a meal for Pluggers. He fell a few months back and was in the hospital for quite some time with a brain injury! He is at home and still recovering. Dave and I took them an Asian meal and packed some for ourselves to eat on the road.

Plugger was outside when we got there. He looked great! He had a basketball and was trying to put it in the horse trailer somehow???  His daughter was there with him, doing the barn chores. We could soon tell he was still a little mixed up. He kept saying I was Dave's daughter. He asked if I made the meal at school today!? He went on to tell us that he almost died but his wife rescued him! Fannie says he thinks they were trying to kill him at Bryn Mar Rehab center and they cannot convince him other wise! He says his wife came to his rescue there and saved him...:) As we were leaving he told Dave "Tell your daughter thank-you!" Please continue to pray for his healing! I'm sure this is trying and takes much patience for this family! He has come this far and the progress is still there although be it slow they are thankful!

Dave and I went on up to Lebanon from there to do some touch up painting on a horse barn. It got taken out one snowy day and the paint had washed. We stopped at Organ Dairy for an ice cream cone and a coffee. Dave went to pay and discovered his wallet was left at home on the counter! By this time we are licking the ice cream! So embarrassing but we left with a bill and need to send a check for our dessert!! We were also in the escort van and it was running REALLY low on gas! We quickly shut it off when we got to the Horse Barn customers house and hoped for tip...;) No tip! We started home and kept saying if we just make it to ??? We were thinking of people we knew along the hours drive home that would bring us gas were we to run out!! We coasted when we could and made it all the way home without getting gas!

The kids were at Jonathan's having a campfire when we got home! They had roasted who knows how many marshmallows! Thanks guys they had a blast as always!! Jenika loves her girl cousins next door!!

We are out again this evening!! We love the "Day Spring" speaker every year! We go with Matt Lapps and it's always so worth it to go! This year we also got Justin a ticket to go with us. We are hoping he will consider High School at this school...:) The speaker is Marcus Latrell. He is the "Navy Seal" that wrote the book "The Lone Survivor" We look forward to our dinner and speaker this evening! Rachel Ann has the Little's and Jordan will be with Mark for the evening.

Dave did his run without me this morning. I thought of the runners at Garden Spot this morning to! What a lovely day for it!! I was not feeling a run this morning but plan to get out this afternoon sometime.

We are really enjoying our family devotions each evening right now! Did you know there is episodes playing on "The Bible" on TV?? Jen from work gave Dave the whole series on DVD and we are watching them for devotions. At times they are to long then we stop and start where we left off. Very amazing to see the Bible brought to life in this way!!

So far we have watched from "In the Beginning" to "Moses leading his people out of slavery in Egypt". We might not get to this every night for time sake but we sure look forward to the nights when we can watch an episode! Thanks Jennifer!! This has been a blessing to our family already!

I'm off to drop Jordan at the creek to fish. I'm feeling the urge to be outside doing some yard clean-up, planting flowers, seeds, garden tilling, and the many outdoor things that are calling my name!! (LOVE IT!!)  Not sure how much will get done today beings it's a Saturday but we will try to get started anyway...:)                                                           "Enjoy the Springy Day!"



 

No comments:

Post a Comment