Monday, April 1, 2013

April is Here...

Our Easter has been relaxing. We had a great communion service at church yesterday followed by fellowship lunch in the basement which is always a treat! Dutch and Rosa were in Lancaster and it was great to have them back in church! We really do miss you guys! Justin had a friend here so we really didn't see much of him at all! They were kept busy playing basketball, riding four wheeler and many other things! It was good to have Davy here for a few days but I was ready to have Justin back...;) He was giving the Little's four wheeler rides a bit ago and they love that!

Jordan is out fishing with my Dad! They went over to my old neighborhood to fish along the creek for trout fishing! He was watching the clock all morning! I told him I'll take him over at 11 o'clock and when it comes to fishing it's never soon enough!:) He called me a bit ago and said he wants to stay longer, they just are not biting! He can see them but they won't bite his line!~ Guess they are smart ones...:)

Jenika and Javon love it out at Jonathan's barn right now! They have five adorable baby goats! Jenika will spend hours at the barn if we let her! I'm thinking we will look into a pony for the kids now that it is getting warmer. The old wild one got sold last fall because they really couldn't do anything with him! He sent a few people flying already so the kids kept there distance towards last! They are out there now and Justin is working on his basketball court... He is chalking, washing and blowing the driveway! They have already spent hours here!
This was something he wanted a long time now! He welcomes anybody to come shoot hoop with him!:) This was the set up on Friday... Allen and Dad helped with the hard stuff... Then they tried it out on Saturday after it set overnight...



I did a nine mile run on Saturday morning. I still have not given up the half on Saturday(Garden Spot)!~? Maybe I'll sign up last minute? Dave has to work and doing this alone just wouldn't feel right! Anybody care to motivate me?:)

Jenika had a free meal ticket to Dutch Way since there class field trip so I took her out on Saturday for lunch... Jordan and Javon were fishing at Floyd's pond...(one of Jordan's favorite spots!) So Jenika and I went out alone...:)

We went to pick up Javon after we got her lunch and some groceries. I was a bit nervous with him at this pond with Jordan but Jordan begs to have him with! He even caught five fish!! Jordan seems to think fishing is to exciting not to share it with him! It is so cute to see him help Javon and share his excitement! This was when we picked him up... Jordan stayed a few more hours... Thanks Wilma!! He loves this place!!


We had a wonderful meal at Jonathan and Maria Saturday evening! We bought it at the youth silent auction for the Guatemala fundraiser. We were able to bring two couples so we invited Danny's and Todd's. While we were there we got news a plane crashed at Smoke town airport! The smoke could be seen from where we were. Dave has a parachute plane and says it is the safest thing to fly but it still jolts about the reality of it when something like this happens! This was an Ultra Light Plane. Open air like Dave's but still has wings. They say he was climbing to fast and lost power and did not have enough of air space to recover.

This guy was local here and we often saw him flying around here last summer with another Ultra Light. He was looking for somewhere to fly out of and he knew Dave flies so he asked his instructor (same as Dave's) if he thinks Dave would let him fly out of here? He was waiting for his phone call and I'm sure Dave would have loved to fly with him!
So sad! His name was Micheal Blank... Prayers going out to his family!

I'm so hoping Spring weather came along with April!! I'm ready to get seeds in the ground! Thinking I'll make it out to the flowerbeds today yet to inspect the weed situation and check if the garden is dry enough for working! We have a chiropractor and gym early this evening so I won't be starting any major projects today but I can pull weeds and do some edge trimming. Ready to have our own garden vegetables!:)

Juicing is going well and I love what it is doing for me! Since I love all that I'm learning about it and other healthier stuff I'll continue to share some on here... A few neat things I like...

Do we have any idea how addicted we are to sugar??!! We would be amazed at how much better the body would work if we were to cut out most of our sugar intake!! Why is it so hard!? It is in most foods and it just makes things better tasting! I'm working on this in my life but I still like something sweet after a meal! Preferably chocolate!...:)
 

Have a blessed Monday!...



No comments:

Post a Comment