A crazy busy life here these days but I'm loving every minute of it! I feel so blessed this week for many reasons! Spring is here!! School is in it's last few exciting weeks!
I had a fun day out with my cousin Linda yesterday. We go way back together and it's always a great time when we decided to hang out for a whole day!! We went and did some Spring shopping. The kids all needed some new clothes and I picked up some needful things for myself to. We got back just when the school children arrived home. I quickly got them supper and folded some laundry then we were out the door so fast I never got to my shopping bags until this morning...;)
Justin has his Science Fair today and still hadn't started on his poster board last evening!! He is just like his Daddy when it comes to deadlines!! Why do it early if it's not due yet??:)
I stopped at a few craft places yesterday to see what I could find for his project that has to do with black bears but came home with only a few finds!
We had a Chiropractor and Wegman's last evening and didn't get home till 8:30. (our gym membership got canceled last evening) After we had the groceries put away and everyone else was getting a shower, Justin and I set to work...:) I cut out his letters on a cricket,he laminated pictures he had printed out then he arranged the things onto his board where he wanted them. It turned out really good!:) He practiced his speech to me to. We got to the showers at 10:00. Dave had put the Little's to bed.(thanks Hon!)
Justin was up earlier this morning getting more things prepared. He does eventually get to it when he has to...:) He was in the attic making really loud as he was trying to lug Dave's mounted bear down to put him on display beside his table! I finally went and helped him with that but not before he woke Jen way before her time...;/ He practiced his speech once again and had Jordan change batteries in his laser beam so he can use that to point to things as he is speaking. He got four huge bags of gummy bears as a snack to share with those who come see his display. It looks like a trip in the gym and everyone did a great job researching... I'll slip some pictures in here of the activity...
Here is Justin giving his speech to the first graders...
His work came together nicely...:)
Some or the other great looking work...
What they don't come up with!!.... so interesting!! Tomorrow I'd like to meet Dave there and listen to more fun speeches...:)
Angie's board of course interested me!!...I love Belize!!
They all serve a fun snack in theme with there project.. So neat and educational!!
If you want to see it you are welcome tomorrow 1:00-3:00.
Today has been a kitchen day... Marilyn had Jen and Javon while I was out yesterday.(Thanks Marilyn!) On top of watching my two busy bodies all day she sent home a pumpkin pie!! (love having family as such close neighbors!!) The pie was just a teaser and got devoured in no time! I didn't even get a single slice... I made some of my own today since I have not baked in weeks. I wanted a piece of pumpkin pie to!:) I also made a batch of bread and made all my guys a yummy dish for lunch and delivered it to each of them...:) It was the boys day to have lunch delivered again. It was Jordan's turn to choose the meal this week but he could not decide what he wanted! He said "Just surprise me"...:) I guess he trusts me to make something good...:) I took lemonade also then a slice of pie for dessert.
We had planned to do some mulching this evening but now with the weather so dreary and drizzly I'm not sure we will get to it unless the sun shines later. I gave the two oldest boys haircuts this morning before school and need to get Dave and Javon in this evening yet. I also had a few ladies drop in this morning to go over the school picnic menu. This is our first year (out of three) on the school food committee and so far it has been a breeze.
I had Mom and Sisters here one day this week to... Fun!! Fun!! These kids love to spend time together! Leanna was disappointed it was Jenika's school day but she had fun with the boys!:)
Tomorrow is Friday already. Since it is the most lush time of year everything will need a mowing and trimming again! Mulching will be an ongoing project here for awhile to. I want to enjoy every minute of this time of year when things are just bursting with life all around us!! The garden got some more seeds this week... Onions are planted, beans, beets, corn, more peas, herbs are in but seem kinda cold yet...:/ Tomatoes, Peppers, Strawberries, Watermelon, Pickles and a few other things are waiting in the basement window well, protected from the cold for a few more weeks. The things I planted first are now peeking through and loving this showery type day!:)
Blessings to you this Thursday...
No comments:
Post a Comment