The "Home Stretch" of my run this morning had me thinking what the home stretch to Heaven might be like. Maybe we are on the home stretch?? We really have no idea when our finale home stretch to Heaven will be. I like to think it might be somewhat like my run this morning...
I was coming down the road towards my driveway, giving it one last hard burst of energy. A wall of Honeysuckle on either side of making the scent heavenly, listening to a favorite praise and Worship song " I need you" By Chris Tomlin. And I had to think maybe this will be the same feeling I have as I'm ready to enter Heaven!...:)
Running and racing has me often comparing it to "Real Life". It can be hard and painful yet worth every step in the "Home Stretch". The amazing feeling of having finished a long run might compare to life here and when we finish this "real life" race. Will we have the amazing feeling of having accomplished something big? Maybe even with lots of pain and heartache, yet we endured with strength until the end. God is our greatest cheerleader in "real life" and in the end he will be there to greet us and hand us the greatest reward ever for a job well done!!
My morning run was refreshing...
Nine miles is what brought me back around to my driveway again after running a few different blocks. I thought I should have went for a ten but I was ready to finish as the sun was getting warm.
Looks like it will be a lovely warm sunny day here! The kids have been in and out of the pool some but the weather has really not been that warm yet that they think they need to go in the pool to cool off! They more like go in chilly and come out with teeth chattering!!
We had guests for supper last evening. It made for a fun afternoon in the kitchen yesterday. Our Chiropractor and his wife were our guests...:) Something different for us to have Chiropractors over but it seemed like Dave and Dr. Steve always had so much to talk about yet the few minutes it takes to get adjusted was never long enough! They were in Belize on vacation so we invited them over to talk about Belize but they stayed until past 11 o'clock and we talked about many other things as well as we sat around the campfire.
Supper was... A salad (everything from the garden, I love it!) Fresh bread, Grilled chicken that had been on the marinade all day, rice, pasta and mixed veggies. Rhubarb dessert and key lime pie for dessert. We talked about health and fitness a lot since Dr. Steve is big on that. They are also great Christian people so we talked on our Christian Faith a long while to.... A very interesting evening...:)
This couple plans to do the Belize tour with Dave this fall.
We have a great week-end planned ahead. The weather looks great, we have a youth party to attend this evening at Amy's pond (with more fishing!) Tomorrow is our all day church picnic under the big tent. A day our whole church family looks forward to...:)
Here is a great poem I have been wanting to post...
"When I say I'm a Christian"
When I say I'm a Christian... I'm not shouting "I'm saved" I'm whispering "I was lost" that's why I choose this way.
When I say I'm a Christian... I don't speak with worldly pride, I'm confessing that I stumble and need someone to be my guide.
When I say that I'm a Christian... I'm not trying to be strong I'm am professing actually that I'm weak and pray for strength to carry me on.
When I say that I'm a Christian... I'm not bragging of success, I'm admitting I have failed and I can't ever pay the debt.
When I say that I'm a Christian... I'm not claiming to be perfect my flaws are much to visible. But God believes that I'm worth it.
When I say that I'm a Christian... I still feel stings of pain, I have my share of heartaches which is why I'm called in his name.
When I say that I'm a Christian... I do not wish to judge, for I have no authority. I only know that I'm loved.
Remember the Fathers tomorrow...
Have a Blessed day...
.jpg)
.png)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment