Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer Weather... Could You Stay Forever??? PLEASE!!

It's a great Summer day here at our house!! I guess it is officially Summer now (as of yesterday)...:) We are loving the lovely days to! The temps are perfect with low humidity and cooler mornings and evenings! This is where the kids hangout off and on all day!!

I was happy to have a slower pace day today, to enjoy with the kids. I got the yard work done yesterday, after the cleaning was done, so I can have more of an "Off Day" today... if there is such a thing for me...!~:) My real off days are coming Monday and Tuesday!! (My bags are packed!!)

I did a ten mile run this morning!! It felt amazing and I could have kept right on going! I think I'm liking my new shoes and the attic workouts are really helping my running endurance to. I had to choke down half of a banana before I left because I knew I was going for a longer run but I find it really hard to eat so early. Especially since I was still full from the sushi date...:)

My juice came straight from my garden after my run!!...:)  Kale, colored greens, lemon herb, spinach, beet leaves, then an apple added from the fridge. I didn't even need breakfast! I also had a Mercola protein shake for protein. (I drink my shakes with water)

My early morning run...
These runs would have seemed impossible to me at one time!  I have found that they are no longer "so big" to me, our bodies are capable of much more then we realize. We are designed to run. Animals run, so why not people?? It just takes time and "Baby Steps"are OK! It took that for me! Some people tell me road running is harmful to the body in the long run, but I'm learning that there is a right and a wrong way to run,  if done correctly it is not at all harmful... I love these quotes...
 
 

Dave has a trip coming up for a few days in Vegas. He only clothes shop every once in a great while, (usually when it's way past due) so last evening him and I did a sushi date then went to get him some much needed clothes. It will be fun to pack his clothes on this trip, now that he has a few more options...:)
Our sushi platter was amazing! We have a few leftover pieces, we are saving them to eat out beside the campfire this evening...:)
I worked in the garden this morning after my run. It was early but the sun was already warm. I pulled out the two rows of peas that were over, wrapped up the pea wire, and planted beans in there place.
 
 I hoe the garden by hand as of now yet. I want to invest in a tiller sometime, since the garden is getting bigger every year! It really is fun work though as long as my back holds out.
The garden is so much fun...:) It has been loving the rains! I'm looking forward to the day when the grapes are hanging way over the arbor... They are doing great but it will be a few years yet...:)
 
I took the kids to there favorite reuse it store today. It seems every time we go there Jenika loads up her arms with more teddies!! I have to tell her to put some back every time, then she has the hardest time parting with some of them, or deciding which ones are keepers!! I think we got three or four added to her collection today! They are only like fifty cents but I just don't think we need SO many of them!!
 
 
 
This is what my Little's are into right now...:)
 
I had Mom and Kath here the other day swimming. The kids LOVED the four wheeler!! It was Leanna and Austin's first time seeing it so they were amazed! This is the first reaction... Look at Austin!! He looks like he's thinking..."Are you serious??" WOW! :)
 
After Javon got started giving Austin rides they just went and went... as long as Grandma wasn't almost having a heart attack!!... They had a blast!! Her is the evidence..:) I love these pictures!! They speak for themselves totally!! I think they were being chased by the girls...:)

My Mom can live in a "What If??" world so Kath and I had a challenge keeping her calm when this wheeler was running! She was sure that one of them was going to fall off! Remember it has a speed limit and it's not that fast but Mummy was still worried sick! She thinks this generation is unconcerned and careless! She said we used to play horse when we were kids!! Why don't you teach them that and do away with the wheeler!!?? I told her it's the new age!! The kids have a blast!!:)

I did think her idea was good though and we even  got the bag wagon out and taught them how to play horse...:) They are now having fun with the wheeler and they play horse to...:) Why not have the best of both worlds??...:) It's OK Mom!! We still love you even when we think you worry to much...:)

Javon is waiting on his turn to drive the wheeler... Now that he figured it out he is having a hard time with being just "the passenger!" I love how his hair gets even blonder in the Summer!!...:)


We have a relaxing week-end planned. With me being away Monday and Tuesday we plan to just hang out together. We are talking about a picnic lunch at the park tomorrow after church...:)
_________________________________________________________________________________

Just a last minute note to Dave and Rose and kiddos...

 We had a message that we can send things to you in Africa soon!! We are excited to get a box of items together for you!! We are wondering if you have any preferences??  We know you like to see "Amedican" cereal, salty snacks, cheese, lunch meat, and don't forget the chocolate!! So if we don't hear anything we will get some of these together for you guys...:) I find it rather amusing though that I'm trying to get my family weaned from all of the "above list", yet that's what you really miss when leaving the Country!! Is that what we would miss to?? Trade the local fresh ORGANIC fruit and veggies with us and you can have our snacks...:) I'm sure that is easier said then done so I'll keep quiet now...:} Blessings to you all in Africa!! We will miss you on our upcoming Zook family vacation!! Keep an eye here and I'll post lots of pics for you!...:)

Have a Happy Week-end everyone!! Enjoy the lovely Summer weather while it's here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment