We have a rainy dreary day here on this Christmas eve "eve"!
I'm so glad we get this fun excitement in the air that comes with this season! I'm so glad we have so much to look forward to at this fun, wonderful time of the year! I'm so glad that we have Christmas! Mostly because Jesus came to the world to bring us an "everlasting life plan" that is our salvation and also because without the fun excitement that this time of the year brings I'm afraid winter would just be way to LONG! Especially here where we live with these endless gray days, limited sunshine and just pure dreariness pretty much just day after day! At least we have had this winter so far! Hope the sun shines soon!! I so miss it!!
Today is exciting!! We were able to most of the lunches in the closet for our Christmas vacation! The children only have a half day of school today except for Justin, he still has a full day today and even half a day tomorrow!
Jenika is looking forward to Christmas vacation so she can sleep longer! The shortest day was a few days ago and it is still pretty dark when she drags herself to the kitchen in the mornings right now! She wants to stay in bed longer but after she is wide awake she does fine getting out the door. We do miss Jordan here longer in the mornings right now though! He was the one that left us know what time it is... He was the one always on our case to get going or else we will be late! Now it's just Jenika and I for the last half hour after the boys get on the bus and we are finding it harder to get out the door on time without Jordan barking orders at us...:) Must be a girl thing....:) We are adjusting..:)
Jordan is loving it at Linville! He signed up for the basketball team and he is so excited. He made friends no problem and the students and teachers did an amazing job making him feel welcome there.
We did make a visit to Fairhaven last evening to clear up some things with his teacher there. It was a good meeting that we had and we have no hard feelings towards anybody there. The teacher is moving on and the school is working on a replacement for him. We are sad that the year started out the way it did but hopefully they will find a great replacement and healing can come to this classroom for a strong finish to this school term!
The babies are back... Angel and Sayily are back with Matthew and Roxy. They love to spend time here so we get to enjoy them from time to time.. This shows my Little's need some sunshine!!...
Jordan and I headed out with the golf cart and a chain saw in search of the perfect branch for my bird set up... They love it!! The back porch is a flurry of activity and when nothing is moving back there I know that the dog or the cat is parked right next to the table! The blue birds are so plentiful and it is so much fun to see them come alive as the day breaks every morning!... My kitchen window is the perfect spot to watch them and right now I sure am spending a lot of time at the kitchen window!!...:)
Yesterday I gathered up my last minute groceries and gifts. The gifts are all wrapped and under the tree. We are looking forward to Christmas eve here with the kids. Christmas at my parents on Christmas day and then the day after Christmas we are with Dave's family all day at Papa's!! We are looking forward to all the yummy tastes and smells!
I'm off to make my kitchen messy!... Cheesecake, pecan pie, chocolate covered peanut butter crackers, jello salads, cut out cookies!! Last evening was a Jordan bake night... We did cookies and brownies for the freezer for him over Christmas. He wants me to make him a type of pie yet?!! I'm not promising anything but I might see what I have time to get creative with. He is so busy with his steel plates and his "homework" these days that he is hardly in the kitchen and I miss it tons! I must start training Jenika but "Oh Boy"!...:) She likes to help in the kitchen with Hammy hanging from her shirt!! I say "Thank You" BUT I think I can get it!...:)
Have a BLESSED Christmas SEASON! Slow down and enjoy every minute of the excitement that fills the air this time of the year!
No comments:
Post a Comment