Monday, December 8, 2014

Plans Change at Times...

My plans changed today, but it's okay.

Javon is home from school today with that stomach flu. I kept hearing that it was going around and I'm not surprised he caught it since his immune system seems low for some reason. He already had two colds this season and the winter has just started. He didn't sleep much during the night as he kept waking up to throw up. By this morning the poor guy was only dry heaving over and over again. He came to bed with us soon after midnight and I was up with him countless times! Dave took a turn helping him to the toilet as he was getting up for work this morning. Javon has been so brave though and we are just waiting it out...

He is so cute asleep on the couch next to the Christmas tree.... He still has not kept a thing down!... No fevers but everything aches... Pray for Javon!

 
Tomorrow is his school program and he is nervous about getting up on the big stage. I was hoping he could be there today to do that one last practice. We hope he will be better in time for the program!
 
We had a great week-end. We love Saturdays and it had me out delivering Christmas gifts and cards to the grandparents that I'm blessed with. I picked up a Christmas tree while on the road and the Little's and I had fun getting to some Christmas décor along with the tree. It's not really my thing to be seasonal. I do not get different décor out in all the different seasons, even though at times I wish I took more time for it since I do love the four seasons here, It's just that they come around so fast! Christmas it's a just bit different though, we like to get a tree and add a few other touches and along with the soft Christmas music it just seems to be so fitting for this most wonderful time of the year!
 
Since I didn't make it out for Ladies Bible Study this morning I sat with Javon and played "Doctor stay at home mom" I'm so thankful that I can be here for the kids when they are sick. I started some kitchen work on the side, the bread is rising, the chocolate is melting in the crock pot to do some choc covered peanut butter crackers. It's not ever been Christmas here without them so I'm sticking to the tradition for this year yet...:) I love to put them in small containers and be ready to hand them off to bless others to.
 
Laundry is catching up and the Christmas cards are getting addressed and stamped. God knew I needed a whole morning just to be at home and I'm enjoying it. I just wish baby felt better.
 
We enjoyed supper at Nelson's on Saturday night and we stayed out late. The guys got Aquire games going and it was a great time with some Zook family!
 
Yesterday we had church service, it was out of Matthew twenty four. Always a good reminder chapter and we so appreciate our elderly pastor! H.K and Lynn have a fiftieth anniversary today!! Happy Anniversary guys!!
 
Dave played football with the big boys after lunch and the Little's were outside with cousins and the golf cart all afternoon!! They were happy that it wasn't so cold so they could spend hours outside!! They can be with cousins more when they can be outside to play!...:)
 
Last evening we had guests for the evening. Dave likes to play Aquire with his guy friends so an Aquire party along with a light supper was planned. It was Matt's and Mike's that joined us for burgers and Aquire! Again it was late by the time we got to bed and Javon was then over soon after midnight! Feels today like it did back when I had newborn babies! I forget what it's like not to get an all nights sleep! We are blessed though!! As I was cleaning up throw up off my bedroom carpet (since he didn't make it in time) I had to think that it has been a long time since I had to do this! We have been blessed with good health!
 
Christmas shopping is hardly started here!! The tree waits for the gifts yet, the timing just wasn't right yet. Dave and I plan to do a bit of shopping this evening if Javon feels well enough to leave with the big boys. I plan to take mom and sisters for an all day shopping day this week to. I hope to get it all done in a day!
 
I'm off to check on Javon, bake the bread and write out that Christmas list. So far I have not stressed over the season and all it's busyness and I really hope to keep it all under control this year... ;)
 
Have a Great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment