Wednesday, December 31, 2014

17 years! Gluten Support Group....

Yesterday was our seventeenth wedding anniversary! The journey has been good to us. We are blessed to love each other even more today then we did on the day we said "I Do"!

I'm so thankful for a stable hard working husband and he is a wonderful father to our children! For this I'm also THANKFUL!

We still date often. I love this about this man! We do things together all the time. Even without thinking twice about it. At this stage is has gotten easier to just slip out and do something randomly but even when the children were smaller we still got sitters regularly so we could go out together. Looking back now I know this was so healthy for our relationship.  We can so quickly both get caught up in our own daily routine of life and if we are not careful we forget to connect and things can go downward fast once communication is lost.

We went to one of our favorite Sushi places to eat last evening. We were not out long and we were back long before the kids went to bed so we got to hang out with them to..:)

Jordan's "photography" took our picture as we were going out the door... Thanks Jordan..:)


I'm so THANKFUL that God has handpicked this man for me to do this journey of life with! I can think of nobody I'd rather have by my side! I feel fortunate over and over again to still have him here with me after his close call on family vacation "July Forth" this summer! It has been an honor to serve this man and also our children these past years. If the next seventeen years go as fast as the last seventeen did why that is just down right crazy! Time flies when you really think about it!

We have a getaway planned for the cabin over the next few days. We are looking forward to hanging out with great friends! Justin plans to stay home with Mark Andrew though since we rarely have anybody his age joining us. He gets so bored. He is looking forward to hanging out with his bachelor uncle for a few days...:)

Today we pack the bags and food, clean some of the house (we get to leave some for Rachel Ann...;)) and bath the dog! She loves to ride along to the cabin but she got sprayed by a skunk this week and I have no idea how we will be able to put up with her smell if it don't come out during her bath! Tomato Juice and then a good shampoo it will be!! Good luck to the big boys as they tackle her and her bath today!

My Little's still spend hours outdoors!! I had no idea that the poison ivy was still active this time of the year but after playing heavy in the woods the past few days this is my Javon today!... His eye, ear and cheek caught it! He is so brave and we are slathering the oils.

 
 
We are thinking of Africa today!! Some of Jonathan's family went to visit Dave and Rose for ten days!! We are praying for you guys! According to Rose's email yesterday they were so looking forward to having some family on the compound!!
 
New Years Goals...?
We are looking forward to heading to the "West Coast"  to a Goals Retreat soon. Dave and I plan to do a Goals Retreat in San Diego. Dave did this retreat last year and said right away that it would be great for me to do it to! It's about all of life's goals and I look forward to focusing on "What are my Goals?"  I can't wait to share more with you. I think it will be a classroom setting much of the time which will have me on edge since I'm used to moving around all the time but I am looking forward to it and I also hope to also catch some hours of that lovely California Sunshine that I hear so much about!...:)
 
Mom and Dad will be moving in here with the kids. Matthew and Roxy are expecting a baby and Roxy has been so so sick!! She is feeling a bit better now but her first three months were a pregnant woman's nightmare!!  Praying for you Matthew and Roxy!! We can't wait to meet this new baby Zook!!
 
The new year has us wanting to take the next step on our health journey. Jordan has been doing well but we want to step back and help his body heal a notch faster. We are enjoying his expanded diet over the holidays but we want to cut out the sugar again after we get back from San Diego. For now he soaking up the dessert after meals..:) He is still Processed food, Gluten, Dairy and Egg FREE but he is enjoying desserts on a regular basis and I know this stalls his healing.
 
I plan to start up the Food Sensitivity/ Gluten support groups again in January. It's just with the kids off of school right now,  the cabin and California it looks like a crazy start for our January!..:) I'm planning on January the Twenty First to kick off and then going every other week unless we have every week interest I can do every week. I will also be picking up "bean bread" at Butter Flake and I will have extra here if you want to try some. Linda Lapp will be South so I will be picking up the bread for now. Jordan loves this bread and we use it daily! He feels great on it which tells me it has no allergens at all...:)
 
Have a BLESSED New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment