Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A New Pony!! Springtime/Lifes Seasons

He is here!! Jenika is THRILLED!!



He came from Uncle Alvin's horse farm!

Uncle Alvin loves horses! He has an arena on his property where we spent many Monday nights back in the day! If you know him at all you will believe me when I say that he "gave" Jenika a pony!! A perfect one for her!

Uncle Alvin loves children and making them smile is the highlight of his life!! He teased me a lot when I was a young girl growing up, I can't say that he was really my favorite uncle back then. BUT  growing older he quickly became one of my favorites!...:) Dave also loved him from the start!  He loved on our kids. All of them! Justin loved uncle Alvin growing up and since he was the first great grandchild on this Dienner side he got the most attention from uncle Alvin over the course of his "smaller years"!! We love him. Everybody does. And now Jenika really really does!...:)

Anyway she was out checking on him this morning before school and she will no doubt be rushing home from school to spend more time with this new found friend of hers!! This morning she said "I think he knows me already because when I came out to the meadow he came running to me from way down at the other end!" She is a natural with animals and I can't wait to watch her with this guy this summer!! Now we might have a golf cart for sale!!...:} (Not, since I like the golf cart to much!)

She has been trying to figure out a good name for this new pony. Thanks so much Uncle Alvin and Aunt Ruth!!! If you follow me here you might even see more of your pony here then you did on your farm!...:) She will spend hours and hours loving on him!!

Today was trashathon day at Linville Hill! The Linville students woke up excited this morning!! Javon's class picked up trash on the school grounds then went to Gap park. Jordan's class went to Booths Corner Market and picked up trash on those grounds. Everyone met in the gym for a picnic lunch. Parents were welcome so I packed a lunch for the three of us and joined them.

Yesterday I made more Fire Cider...:)

The pulp went into this vegenaise for sandwiches... Has a kick to it but I like it, and knowing how good it is for the body it goes down really easy!
Here is a link that is really close to my recipe... Check it out for yourself... http://fitlife.tv/how-to-make-fire-cider-a-potent-cold-flu-remedy/

I like it. My family don't know what my problem is. They think I'm half rabbit...:) I think my taste buds must have adjusted to a different life style..:) The argument came up about who is the healthiest in our family?! Justin started the argument and he declared himself the healthiest. (even if he is the worst junk food eater here) I had to remind him of that cold and sore throat he had last winter! All of the sudden I was out of the picture and he declared that "Mom don't count!" I said, wait why don't I count!? He said "because you eat green stuff all day long"!! I love it!!...:) They make me laugh! They are never sure what I will be feeding them next!...:) My family is a blast to experiment and get creative with! Dave and the big boys love every minute... My Little's are still learning...:)

Try this recipe if you are a chocolate lover!...

Coconut Oil Fudge.
1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, Raw honey or other natural sweetener. (to your liking) pinch of sea salt, two drops peppermint essential oil.

Whip the coconut oil until light and fluffy unless at nice room temp already. Add all together and drop into a 9x5 pan. Spread evenly and cover with plastic wrap or a lid. Refrigerate for about four hours until firm. Little goes a long way!...:)

Running is entering the fun season once more!! This quote describes me perfectly these days!!


This is a busy time of the year, so many things are calling our attention! I leave the house messy with all those unfinished projects (that go along with housekeeping for six) to get that run. It's worth it once I'm out there...:) The thunderstorms are popping up and things are sprouting up everywhere!! God's springtime beauty is everywhere!! This means back to mowing, weeds, flowers, garden not to mention cleaning out the closets for summer and the corners in the house!...:)

It's my favorite time of the year though! I told Dave I want to have a "Staycation" all through the month of June since this month is just so lovely and it can often be the busiest and fastest of all the summer months! I will let you no how that turns out!...:)

I met Dave on the roads this morning during this seven mile run...


He gets fuzzy behind his computer desk to long so he often thanks me for getting him out for those short runs... He ran with me for about two of theses miles when I ran out his way...:) It was hard and it felt slow. I'm back to vibram five fingers, this takes adjustment in itself. I love these shoes for running but they are hardly practical for wintertime running so I make adjustments for the cold running season. It will take a bit to get adjusted once again.

Today is chiropractor day for us. We are down to about every six weeks. We are thankful for Dr. Steve and his staff. We are happy to be seeing less of them none the less...:) Jordan has a CHOP appointment coming up in May. His allergies are not flaring up to bad yet and we are so thankful!!

Justin loves ballgames and he is enjoying youth group more and more. He is doing some mowing again and I'm always glad for his help around the house once we start the outside chores. He is looking forward to going back into the shop making sheds once school is over. He will be trying it on the line this summer! He is looking forward to it even if he will have to work harder.

Today is a hard day for my mom and her siblings!! Join in prayer for them as they face the hard decisions they have made. They are putting grandma Beiler into a home for the time being. A home for Alzheimer's and Dementia patients. She will be cared for better there with staff that is educated for this terrible disease of Alzheimer's. This morning my mom was Elizabeth to Mommy Beiler and she did not ever remember of having a daughter named Martha! This is hard for mom but in moments like these it makes it easier to see her in better care.

Blessing and Prayers to you mom as you go through this HARD stage in life!


Have a Blessed Day... I must go check on Jenika and this new pony of hers! Thanks Again Uncle Alvin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment