This chilly weather has me wondering what happened to our lovely springtime warmth!??
The heat is again cranking it out. The cozy blankets and coats were pulled back out of the corners. We were hoping we were moving on but it's okay. It gave a chance to do some necessary indoor things...:)
The morning we had here was worth recording so I'll share!...:)
With the end of school being close now I'm starting to get that "last quarter" burnout. I just start to sleep a little longer then I should and kind of struggle with those lunches a bit more!! It's starting to feel like the same old same old. (even though our "same old" is such a blessing that we do not want to take for granted!!)
I started to take the boys to school some. Especially when Javon goes to school, since his mornings are slow to start off, if I drive them to school it gives us an extra half hour. I should never have started this because now we are driving most mornings lately.
This morning Justin went down to check on Sasha and the rest of us were in the house getting ready for school. All of the sudden we see the new pony go whizzing past the window!! A mad dash from Jordan was made for shoes and a coat!! Justin came running up to the garage for the fast wheeler but the golf cart had it parked in!!
The golf cart was parked behind the wheeler and it takes a bit of pushing up and down on the gas pedal before it actually goes!! Justin was on this thing trying to get it to move and by now Jordan was on the wheeler waiting to fire it up just as soon as Justin gets the golf cart out of his way!! Meanwhile the pony is just a flying across the field at high speed! (this little thing can move!!) I'm laughing at the window thinking the pony will stop soon (since we have woods all around us, except for the small opening in there for the driveway. This pony seemed to know exactly where that opening was!) and all the while Jen's knees are knocking together and she was half crying out of fear for her pony's survival!...:)
It was the funniest thing to watch! Justin was on the golf cart moving slowly along, looking froze! He had not grabbed a coat and it was freezing! Jordan is tearing after the pony on the wheeler and he caught up to him, he said it was only ten feet from the road!! He drove him back in through and here comes Justin still trying to catch up out through! The pony and Jordan go shooting past Justin on the golf cart the opposite way! Oh it was so funny!!
Jordan finally cornered the pony and got off the wheeler to walk gently up to him. He then takes off again and Jordan runs back for the wheeler!! Justin is in the meantime still putzing along on the golf cart!!
Jordan was able to finally walk up to him and hand him off to Ashley. (which had come running to help with Martina and Hannah behind her!) Jenika was so glad to see Ashley coming because she thinks her pony likes her the best!...:) I think it's because she is bigger and can make herself boss better!...:) We got to school a bit later then usual but I was still laughing as I drove home!..:)
Justin said that the gate was only open a tiny bit to let Sash out and all of the sudden the pony came running at him so he just stepped out of the way so he don't get run over!! My guys are not horseman!! They look hideous on a horse or pony!...
I love the fun that these kids add to my mornings and to my life!! Never a dull moment here and they make me laugh often!! Jordan and his stories are hilarious and his giggle is contagious!! I'm often laughing hard at these big boys around here!! They have their dad's sense of humor and my life is action packed where calm and routine would be my normal pick!! One day I will so miss these action packed school mornings!! I'm enjoying the journey and I hope they look back one day and remember the mornings that we laughed!..:)
Javon went down to collect the eggs and he came back in crying with three cracked eggs! He said the pony had him penned up in the coop for a bit! I think he was just being friendly and Javon was sure he was going to plow him over if he tries to get out of the hen house!! He threw the bucket of eggs over the fence (thus they cracked) and then he took off for the gate!! Getting used to this pony!... So much fun!...:)
The house is cleaned. I did it alone this week. (I missed you Rachel Ann..:)) It is good for me to do the cleaning some on my own. I have many floors that get wiped up so I try to stick to it until I'm all done. I have yet to like a mop!!...:) I have been spoiled with Rachel Ann and I'm still so thankful for her!!
The time of year is here... Cleaning house and closets!! I was at it yesterday. With all the kids in school I got so much done!! I started as soon as school drop off was done and I didn't stop to much until it was time for picking them up again!! The attic and all the kids rooms got a good cleaning and organizing. It was fun to hear them say "I like what you did to my room today!" I don't think any of us like clutter and since moving here where we have bigger closets and more space I tend to let it pile up a bit more then I used to!
I do not like to hassle with yards sale so most of my clutter and outgrown clothes go to the reuse it close by...
As soon as it warms up it will be fun outdoor stuff so I'm trying to make use of these chilly days to get indoor stuff done. My tomatoes must be froze! I have them covered with buckets but still the ice on the car roof this morning had me wondering if they are froze even under the buckets!!?? The car was another story this morning!!..:) The van is loaded with reuse it stuff so we had to pile into the car to make a boogie for school before we were late!! It was pretty packed tight with eight of us in there!! Glad to have a spare car when I need it, even if it is a junker!...:) New vehicle coming next week!! We made the final decision and I'm beyond excited for this upgrade!!
Dave is in Cancun. He is at a Simon Black event plus his syndication mentoring group meet up was this month to so they packed it all into the same five days. This is the least favorite part of our life style for me (Dave travels a lot) but I do get used to it, I'm so glad for the kids! They keep me entertained and busy at the same time! Dave's education opened a new window of opportunity for him. He is really enjoying the journey as he puts his education to use. Because he is enjoying it so much, I'm enjoying it with him. He does really well with prioritizing and I never feel like we are last on his list! Travling is just something that came along with the education package (that has been so rewarding) so I'm still working on getting used to the travel time spent apart...:)
The big boys want a day out tomorrow. Shopping. They love when this time of year comes around. We normally do clothes shopping in the spring and then again before school starts in the fall. I plan to take them out for a few hours of summer clothes shopping and then maybe we will do lunch at the Gospel Express sale. The time goes by fast with four fun kiddo's to hangout with...:) I do really miss Dave on weekends though. Something about going to church without him that I just can't get used to!
Dave is kept very busy while away. Educating mostly. He has come to love the group of guys that are in this mentoring group with him! He has another family apart from us now...;) He calls them the SMC members. I love that he has great mentors to walk along side of him as they learn and grow together. He even sent them an email as we were out car shopping on Saturday, to get their input on the best way to go about buying a family vehicle!! (since they are a liability, yet still a necessity) He learned some new things to! Never hurts to ask I guess!...:)
Grandma Beiler is in a home for the elderly. She is in the department of the Alzheimer's and Dementia patients. She is kept busy with activities. She seems to think she is in a hospital. She wants to come home at times but they have a way with her in there that just works. They know how to handle her situation and aggressiveness. She get three good meals a day and they make sure she gets her baths. She was cared for at home by her children and care givers but at times it was really trying and difficult. This has not been easy for her three children and mom cries often. Pray for them. I'm not sure when mom will go see mommy but I'm sure it will not be easy to leave her there.
This was a fitting quote for today... I sent it to mom's phone right away... Blessings Mom!
Tonight Dr. Turnpaugh will be at Miller's Health foods. He has knowledge on the side of functional medicine. We need more Doctors like this! He will be doing a question and answer session that is sure to get interesting. Dr. Turnpaugh is the recommended source for food allergy testing and for finding the root cause of the health problem rather then prescribing a drug to put on the band aid.
I brag on Doctor Steve and his practice to! I just had to take a picture of the picture hanging in his office the other day.
It speaks of how they work and how they help people heal the way nature intended... This is THE best for chiropractic care and he does lots more. Dr. Steve and Dr. Turnpaugh remind me of doing almost the same thing. Some of the supplements that Jordan takes from Dr. Steve are the same as what Dr. Turnpaugh gives to his patients. We are moving forward and it has been exciting to watch Jordan's body heal.
If you want to join in to listen this evening it starts at seven o'clock at Millers. In the basement. All are welcome!
Keep warm on this Blustery Spring day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment