Wednesday, April 8, 2015
"Because I can"...
The planting has begun!!
The warmer week had me out in the garden.
A lot.
Why?
"Because I can"
I love it!!
I tend to be a maniac until the spring time planting and clean up is done around here..
I usually want to get it all done in one day and I'm working on holding myself down a bit better. When Dave comes home we take a bit of a break before going at it again with his WONDERFUL manpower! He is so good for me. He helps me so nicely for a while (he can do things with half the effort!) but then he is always the one to put the garden tools away first and wrap it up for the day! Hard to tell how long I'd be at it without him out there to stop me!...:)
Many seeds were planted!!...
I got lots of greens sowed. Potatoes. Onions. (a ton of them!) Corn. Beets. Carrots. Peas. Radish are all in the ground to. I set out to replace this dead bush today... and ended up greenhouse hopping along the way!!... I didn't get to much from the greenhouses just yet but the smell and feel of those places had me breathing deep...;) I feed my strawberries a type of Seaweed and I had a hard time locating it so this gave me an excuse to hop from one greenhouse to the next until I found what I was looking for!...:)
The "Back to Eden" garden is still a work in progress here. This gardening style is so much fun for me!! No mud to deal with! No tilling!! No weeds!! Things grew better in my Back to Eden" garden last summer then they did in the gardens that I had not transferred yet! I found myself getting my greens from the wood chipped garden rather then the dirt garden because the leaves were all perfectly clean with no mud or dirt on them at all! Often the leaves were even still wet from the morning dews!! I love everything about it so far!! This year the garden is even bigger. We expanded it a lot. It feels huge yet once I have everything planted with things like cucumbers and watermelons it really won't seem that big after all. The raised beds got wood chipped last fall after applying compost so I hope they do better this summer. Another fun thing about "Back to Eden" is NO watering!! The chips absorb moisture and feed the plants as they need it! Perfect, since I got tired of stretching hoses to the garden during those breezy spring/summer days! We get lots of wind here where we live so things take lots of water! I gave up on most all potted plants for my porches! I miss them but it's just not worth bothering to much since the wind and hot sun just dry them up!!
We are working now on how to border the garden. Fence? Stones? Boards? Hedge? Dave wants to make sure that if we plant something it produces some kind of food since this is the food section of the property. Maybe a split rail fence with raspberries crawling over it? Blueberry bushes as a border? We love the blueberry bushes idea since we love blueberries but I hear the birds will strip them in no time so we are still throwing our options around.
More and more people are doing "Back to Eden". They can be done anywhere and very simple to start! Just watch the YouTube clips or listen to Dr. Mercola's interview with the expert... Paul Gautschi " here " and see for yourself how it works. Maybe you would like it to. If you feel like you slave away in your garden and you get tired of the weeds all summer long you would love this!!
We are excited to start the summer gardening process here! I just wish we could somehow do this all year round!! It has been a long winter without those yummy fresh picked greens! Thank You Lord for blessing us with a great growing season even if it seems to short at times!...:)
It's done... No turning back now... Why do I do this to myself!!? I guess it's "Because I can"..:)... Join me! You can do it to!! If I can do it you can to!!!
Let the training begin!! I wanted to fly with Dave again this year because nothing beats watching the Half Marathon from that seat in the sky under the parachute but I didn't have that running motivation last summer that is so good for me and my busy summers...:) I guess this makes up my mind about weather it will be running or flying...;) Dave will need a picture taker in the seat behind him so if you want to watch the Half Marathon from the sky let him know and he will hold the seat for you!...;)
I love this running quote...:)
I'm feeling so BLESSED Today to be able to say "Because I can"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment