Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Infusion Day...

Today is infusion day...


 I wonder what would happen if we stopped these treatments?! I wonder if Jordan's body could fight on it's own once again!? Maybe we will need to stop them just to find this out!? Are we doing the right thing by giving him these infusions!? It's part of the medical system and the more I educate and learn how this system really works the more uncertain I am. Also I'm learning how the body has the ability to heal itself if given the proper chance. I question the treatments some days!? Pray for us in this area. We really don't want to go against Jordan's natural healing ability yet we don't want to take him off treatments if he will be sick!!

We have a CHOP appointment next week. This will be with his immune specialist from CHOP. We plan to do the IQ treatments instead of the IV for the summer. It's weekly instead of monthly and we can do this ourselves once we are taught how to do it.

 Nurse Colleen will do a few of these weekly treatments until we get the knack of it but then the medication will show up here and we do it on our own weekly. Needles! Me!?? Scary! Jordan will be able to do these himself eventually. It will take about an hour and a half. He can do it at night or at his own convenience. They say that as kids get older they like this much better since its flexible and it can be done independently. It can travel with us.  It's put in under the skin. It will be a bit of change. We are not sure yet if we will like it but with the summer ahead we plan to give this new way a try. If we don't like it we can always go back to the monthly infusions. Nurse Colleen seems to think we will really like it.?

Today is LOVELY!!! The weather is perfect! I sat out on the porch to eat breakfast and got a good dose of vitamin D at the same time!...:) I had a run with Dave this morning. He does travel some (which is not always fun for me) but then I have other advantages like this one... being able to pull him from his office for runs on lovely days!..:) We walked some this morning to because it was just to beautiful to go to fast!..:) Walking is just way more fun! We can talk without puffing. He stays by my side. I just wish the benefits were the same!...:)

Food group day was today. I had gotten feed back and everyone seemed busy so I kind of gave it up. At ten o'clock the door bell rang and it was someone that does not come regularly. We sat and chatted food for about an hour and a half. It was a good time!..:) I love to see ladies wanting better for their families health! The next food group meet up will be in June sometime. Skipping May since my calendar tells me I have something almost every single day!! (Thankful that most things are not an "all day" event!)

I have been learning a lot on water. Water is more important then I realized. We are getting our water tested next week. Maybe you should to. Make sure you are drinking good pure water! It can be huge for your health! My kombucha mushrooms just died in my water so that told me that maybe something is not okay with it.!?

Mulching is not started here yet. Its most times done by now. I think the cold weeks had me waiting for the urge to get it done. I did order it today and I normally don't rest much once it gets here...:) I love to see the fresh mulch on the young fresh plants.!

The garden is sprouting!! I can't wait to be picking fresh greens! We still need to replace that dead pine tree. I went to get a new one a few times but the nursery was struggling to get them out of the still frozen ground! I got new tomato plants in so I'm hoping it will stay warm now!

We had dad's and Mommy Beiler's mulching done in a jiff last evening. It was fun and many hands made the work light! The little people played together while we worked and they were disappointed that we were done so soon!..:)

Enjoy this lovely day!!! The Lord knows how to make the earth alive and beautiful once again!! Thank Him Today...

No comments:

Post a Comment